Author Topic: Breaking- senator Al Franken to resign tomorrow 🚨  (Read 6968 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Breaking- senator Al Franken to resign tomorrow 🚨
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2017, 12:57:33 am »
Why not? Expecting sainthood from our elected reps is delusional. I am very concerned that they do their jobs well, but I don't care much about their personal lives.

I would not fund payouts for their sexual misdeeds from taxpayers' money. I would not pay their legal bills,, if sued for sexual harassment of assault. Let them fair for themselves.

Not all districts expect a puritan. Let them elect who they want.

My point is the left's brand is based upon accusing their opponents of being misogynists, racists, homophobes, etc.

How will that sound to the great masses when they openly tolerate an obvious one (and more) within their own ranks?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2017, 01:06:05 am »
Thanks @LMAO ...
This is getting weird - two guys agreeing on something which does not exist: An answer.

Once again:  What precedent has been set?
@Right_in_Virginia  @LMAO
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2017, 01:14:00 am »
I would imagine this is in response to the gripes by the CBC about Conyers going out so fast...and they have pics of Franken.  Failure to treat this eruption with some racial parity would maybe result in Black Democrats wandering from the Plantation, and the Dems can't have that.

I'm sure that's part of it. It also seems clear that the rats intend to Continue using Moore As a fund raising tool as well as an anchor around the neck of the GOP. Brand.

It will be interesting to see if the rats in the Senate go after Moore Aggressively or if they let the GOP establishment do the deed.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2017, 01:17:36 am »

Will you publicly release the papers when the audit is done?

Audit hell... pretty sure it is 10 to 20 at club fed.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

Re: Breaking- senator Al Franken to resign tomorrow
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2017, 01:19:01 am »
I'm sure that's part of it. It also seems clear that the rats intend to Continue using Moore As a fund raising tool as well as an anchor around the neck of the GOP. Brand.

It will be interesting to see if the rats in the Senate go after Moore Aggressively or if they let the GOP establishment do the deed.

Rats by any other name.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:19:19 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2017, 01:22:39 am »

This is getting weird - two guys agreeing on something which does not exist: An answer.

:pop41:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2017, 01:23:58 am »

@IsailedawayfromFR
@Right_in_Virginia

Look, I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but dammit, she answered you.

Seriously?  Are you satisfied that a mere charge of any definition of sexual harassment can cost someone their job?  Would you think this might necessitate an investigation and an opportunity to confront your accusers??  @IsailedawayfromFR

If you're not satisfied with the answer then ask for clarification of one point or another about it, but this is clearly an answer, even to me, and everybody knows I *never* stick up for RiV.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2017, 01:41:57 am »
I can no longer function in the Senate and therefore I have decided that maybe I might resign sometime in the future if I decide to at that time.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2017, 02:00:26 am »
@IsailedawayfromFR
@Right_in_Virginia

Look, I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but dammit, she answered you.

If you're not satisfied with the answer then ask for clarification of one point or another about it, but this is clearly an answer, even to me, and everybody knows I *never* stick up for RiV.
If that is an answer, then he/she/it is incorrect on it being a precedent.  Franken never resigned so how is this a precedent for something?

Even if he did, this is not a singular case, and he/she/it knows it.  Others have gone through unsubstantiated allegations and had to bite the turf.

I always use HSI as I got cussed out once for gender confusion and will keep it gender neutral.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 02:00:52 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2017, 02:06:16 am »
Yes.....unless I decide to run for President in 2024. In that case I will keep them private.

Or you can say they never existed.

I just got on this thread and I have no idea what people are arguing about.

Can someone 'splain it to me in a few words; I have a short attention span.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2017, 02:14:35 am »

TBR syndrome... there is no reason.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2017, 02:26:30 am »
TBR syndrome... there is no reason.

:rolling: :rolling:

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2017, 02:40:16 am »

Poster says 'Sets a Precedent'

When you question what precedent is being set, just garbage comes out. 

Can't discuss garbage.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2017, 02:45:50 am »
Well apparently someone set a precedent for bold-face type, so at least we've got that going for us.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline roamer_1

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2017, 02:49:51 am »
blah
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2017, 02:55:02 am »
Well apparently someone set a precedent for bold-face type, so at least we've got that going for us.

Well, that would be me it would seem.  Replied to Once-Ler ..bolded part of his post... and now.  :shrug:

Opps, wondered if it was everyone or just me... guess I know now. Gotta' watch those "Fantom" powers I guess.

If tech is curious 'Bout this bug, get in touch. I have tried to change my post... all I get is  a "no subject matter" warning in red.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2017, 02:56:00 am »

Kool, my powers wore off.  :smokin:

Frederick Douglass

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2017, 03:15:30 am »
Well, that would be me it would seem.  Replied to Once-Ler ..bolded part of his post... and now.  :shrug:

Opps, wondered if it was everyone or just me... guess I know now. Gotta' watch those "Fantom" powers I guess.

If tech is curious 'Bout this bug, get in touch. I have tried to change my post... all I get is  a "no subject matter" warning in red.

I got the same error when I posted the close-bold-face tag which seems to have ended the bold thingy.  I had to delete the icon at the end of the subject line to get it to post.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2017, 03:22:19 am »
I got the same error when I posted the close-bold-face tag which seems to have ended the bold thingy.  I had to delete the icon at the end of the subject line to get it to post.

Thanxs, yep deleting the icon at the end of the subject line let me fix my post too.  888high58888

For a while I was thinkin' we were in the land of the lost. Lookin' 'Round for Frank.. er a Sleestack too show up

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2017, 03:25:11 am »

Test
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:27:06 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2017, 03:26:34 am »

So, if you use <b  and close it with </B   you get  perma bold.

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2017, 03:27:54 am »

I just thought it was vociferousness.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2017, 03:39:07 am »
If that is an answer, then he/she/it is incorrect on it being a precedent.  Franken never resigned so how is this a precedent for something?

Even if he did, this is not a singular case, and he/she/it knows it.  Others have gone through unsubstantiated allegations and had to bite the turf.

I always use HSI as I got cussed out once for gender confusion and will keep it gender neutral.

He's all yours now @RoosGirl   :laugh:

And thanks for the backing.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2017, 03:55:41 am »
He's all yours now @RoosGirl   :laugh:

And thanks for the backing.

LOL  Nope, my good deed for the decade is done.  Besides, I could not pretend to explain you and do you justice.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:55:57 am by RoosGirl »