Author Topic: Obama jokingly congratulates himself for continued job creation under Trump: 'Thanks, Obama'  (Read 356 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama jokingly congratulates himself for continued job creation under Trump: 'Thanks, Obama'
by Naomi Lim | Dec 5, 2017, 6:06 PM

Former president Barack Obama jokingly congratulated himself Tuesday for strong employment numbers in the U.S. this year during an address to a global conference of mayors convened in Chicago to discuss climate change.

"As we took these actions, we saw the U.S. economy grow consistently. We saw the longest streak of job creation in American history by far, a streak that still continues by the way," Obama told attendees of the North American Climate Summit Chicago, referring to clean energy priorities and carbon pollution regulations he introduced during his two terms in the White House.

"Thanks, Obama," the former president quipped, quoting a meme used by his supporters and opponents alike throughout his time in office.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-jokingly-congratulates-himself-for-continued-job-creation-under-trump-thanks-obama/article/2642658
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Gee, Wally I remember when these Labor Department Statistics were all made up. 
   The actual number, upwards to 28% is what Trump campaigned on (his number, not mine).
   I have a problem giving a crap who takes credit for this false BS.
   Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Obama is a fool who is too stupid to understand economics or job creation.  He understands lying and fraud because he's good at that,   but this embarrassing example of a "rooster taking credit for the sunrise" has never had the necessary competence to understand that all his success is do to his skin color and none of it is due to his intellect. 

Obama is a clueless fool whom the New York Media complex hung on us. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I certainly wouldn't be taking credit for "job creation".

We need to add around 250-300k jobs per month to keep up with population growth  So when you see new jobs come in a 180k vs expectations of 170k, that's not so wonderful as it sounds, it actually sucks.

Also, a job is a job.  When a bartender gets his hours cut (say, to keep him under 30) and a second bartender is hired to make up the difference, that comes out in the jobs report as a "gain" of 1 job.  When an engineer loses his job and takes up work busing tables, that's considered breaking even.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.