Author Topic: There is no military option to take out North Korean nuclear program  (Read 416 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
There is no military option to take out North Korean nuclear program
By Todd Rosenblum, opinion contributor — 12/03/17 06:00 PM EST

North Korea’s most recent provocation, this time test firing a ballistic missile likely able to reach all of the continental United States, is an incremental change in a bad status quo. It is making fast advances in its 30-year quest to hold the American homeland hostage, but already crossed thresholds that make it deeply threatening to our security.

The question now is what does North Korea want? What price we will pay to restore strategic stability on our terms? War is not inevitable or desirable. But largely because of the forcing actions of President Trump, the risk of nuclear war involving the homeland is at its highest level since the Cuban missile crisis. Miscalculation and momentum toward conflict is putting at risk the lives of hundreds of thousands of American and other civilians across Asia, including Guam and Hawaii. Soon, North Korea will be able to marry a nuclear warhead on a rocket capable of hitting all the United States.

more
http://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/363012-there-is-no-military-option-to-take-out-north-korean-nuclear
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Re: There is no military option to take out North Korean nuclear program
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 12:41:08 am »
    I would disagree, the Pentagon has contingency plans for everything, even Mexico and Canada, there needs to be a profit motive.
    Personally I believe Canada is a must~Destroy Ted Cruz's Birth Certificate.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 12:46:26 am »
"But largely because of the forcing actions of President Trump, the risk of nuclear war involving the homeland is at its highest level since the Cuban missile crisis."

Only in the minds of journalists, democrats and Trump detractors.

Trump is not forcing little kim to shoot his missiles. He perhaps got stronger, while Obama snoozed.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 02:09:43 am »
"But largely because of the forcing actions of President Trump, the risk of nuclear war involving the homeland is at its highest level since the Cuban missile crisis."

Only in the minds of journalists, democrats and Trump detractors.

Trump is not forcing little kim to shoot his missiles. He perhaps got stronger, while Obama snoozed.

I agree @truth_seeker President Trump has been dealt a lousy hand with this North Korea thing going way back across many Administrations and he was correct that Communist China was the key here, unfortunately the Great negotiator threw away the best card he had - Currency Manipulator in Mar-a-Lago earlier this year for what so far appears to have been 'VAPOR'. 
   With all due Respect better Men than him have been snookered also in the not so distant past.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 02:35:47 am »
I think trump is an evil genius on this NoKo rocket deal.  With his rhetoric towards the little fat dude he is trying to force an error by the Rocket mans regime.  It is only a matter of time before something goes BOOM.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."