Author Topic: Trump’s campaign: Big Macs, screaming fits and constant rivalries  (Read 1778 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Michael Kranish December 2 at 4:00 PM

Elton John blares so loudly on Donald Trump’s campaign plane that staffers can’t hear themselves think. Press secretary Hope Hicks uses a steamer to press Trump’s pants — while he is still wearing them. Trump screams at his top aides, who are subjected to expletive-filled tirades in which they get their “face ripped off.”

And Trump’s appetite seems to know no bounds when it comes to McDonald’s, with a dinner order consisting of “two Big Macs, two Fillet-O-Fish, and a chocolate malted.”

The scenes are among the most surreal passages in a forthcoming book chronicling Trump’s path to the presidency co-written by Corey Lewandowski, who was fired as Trump’s campaign manager, and David Bossie, another top aide. The book, “Let Trump Be Trump,” paints a portrait of a campaign with an untested candidate and staff rocketing from crisis to crisis, in which Lewandowski and a cast of mostly neophyte political aides learn on the fly and ultimately accept Trump’s propensity to go angrily off message.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-campaign-big-macs-screaming-fits-and-constant-rivalries/2017/12/02/18bcfa30-d6bd-11e7-b62d-d9345ced896d_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-high_lewandowskibook-410pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.6f5cade463e6
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump’s campaign: Big Macs, screaming fits and constant rivalries
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 12:14:33 am »
"I know guys like you, with your hair and skin . . .”

Whereupon Manafort pissed himself, laughing.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 12:15:02 am »
This guys diet is gonna be his undoing.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 12:18:24 am »
McDonalds has "chocolate malted"?

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 12:20:44 am »
   Even considering the source, I thought it was very funny, thanks Myst I needed that Laugh.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 12:21:27 am »
McDonalds has "chocolate malted"?

Yes and they bring it to your car on roller skates.  Problem is, your car also requires a flux capacitor.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 12:23:26 am »
Yes and they bring it to your car on roller skates.  Problem is, your car also requires a flux capacitor.

You should ping @Oceander when you speak of Flux Capacitors.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 12:24:20 am »

I *knew* that movie was about Trump!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 12:29:46 am »

By the way, I had McDonalds, kind of accidentally, a few weeks ago.  Nasty stuff.  We were at my mom's for the day helping move some furniture and to help out she told us she would go by Burger King (still nasty but not quite as nasty as McD) ,took all our orders, and came back with McDonalds.  My husband and I looked at each other and then later wondered to each other how the ordering went when she got up to the speaker and started ordering Whoppers.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 12:33:43 am »

Offline edpc

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 12:39:50 am »
By the way, I had McDonalds, kind of accidentally, a few weeks ago.  Nasty stuff.  We were at my mom's for the day helping move some furniture and to help out she told us she would go by Burger King (still nasty but not quite as nasty as McD).....

I spend a good deal of time on the roads, driving to accounts in my territory.  The choices of food are rarely healthy and I’m not interested in acquiring the Trump physique.  However, I will occasionally stop in Whataburger when I’m in Tulsa.

Silver Pines

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 01:30:47 am »
This guys diet is gonna be his undoing.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Seriously.  He's already overweight.  He needs to cut back on the junk.

Silver Pines

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 01:32:38 am »
Okay, but his rages that "cut people into pieces'...has anyone EVER gotten up in his face and told him to shut the hell up? 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2017, 01:54:49 am »
   Even considering the source, I thought it was very funny, thanks Myst I needed that Laugh.

Not that funny, needed to be a little more subtle.

I wouldn't give Corey two cents for his little revenge tome.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 02:00:38 am »
Not that funny, needed to be a little more subtle.

I wouldn't give Corey two cents for his little revenge tome.

Herb helps, you should try it sometime, after all, unlike here, it's legal there, isn't it?. @Emjay

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 02:03:22 am »
    Herb helps, you should try it sometime, after all, unlike here, it's legal there, isn't it?. @Emjay

You need help @corbe.  I don't.  Your Trump derangement syndrome has overtaken your good sense.

If you're talking about weed, it is NOT legal in Hawaii, although I understand that is is used occasionally.

However, since you did admit you'd rather have Trump than Pence, you may be on the road to recovery.  Stay cool.

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 02:11:21 am »
    I am slowly weaning myself from those rabid anti Trump sites @Emjay and hanging here moore with @CatherineofAragon.
    I admitted to my Mother, bless her heart she's a Trumper, today that he get's credit for discombobulating the MSM and making them retire early for something he admitted to do on Tape a year ago. 
    It's a wonderful World.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 02:13:05 am »
    I am slowly weaning myself from those rabid anti Trump sites @Emjay and hanging here moore with @CatherineofAragon.
    I admitted to my Mother, bless her heart she's a Trumper, today that he get's credit for discombobulating the MSM and making them retire early for something he admitted to do on Tape a year ago. 
    It's a wonderful World.

Yes it is and I hope you and @CatherineofAragon are very happy together and can enjoy a McDonald's free lifestyle.

Offline corbe

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 02:24:24 am »
     I always thought your professed love for me was much greater than Catherine's, you being from Texas and all always brought an unusual understanding, right?
   If you're going to forsake me @Emjay this is the weekend to do it while my 'X' is in residence, to help me soften the blow.

Silver Pines

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2017, 02:35:25 am »
    It's a wonderful World.

I appreciate you, @corbe.  You're patient and you always have a kind word for everybody.  That makes you a better person than me.  I admit I don't have time for the BS.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2017, 02:36:58 am »
By the way, I had McDonalds, kind of accidentally, a few weeks ago.  Nasty stuff.  We were at my mom's for the day helping move some furniture and to help out she told us she would go by Burger King (still nasty but not quite as nasty as McD) ,took all our orders, and came back with McDonalds.  My husband and I looked at each other and then later wondered to each other how the ordering went when she got up to the speaker and started ordering Whoppers.

You're a stuck up snob.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2017, 02:41:51 am »

I appreciate you, @corbe.  You're patient and you always have a kind word for everybody.  That makes you a better person than me.  I admit I don't have time for the BS.

You say that, yet you respond to all my posts....even if they are days old. You're not fooling anyone. You are totally into bullshit.

Offline corbe

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2017, 02:43:24 am »

And I you @CatherineofAragon, always.   
   All the women here deserve a @ping for what yall contribute, this place would be a testosterone gutter if it wasn't for you Angels in the Crowd.
   I am grateful.

Offline corbe

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2017, 02:46:12 am »
    No, @Frank Cannon I don't get laid in 'Real Life', either.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2017, 02:53:38 am »
You're a stuck up snob.

You don't have to keep complimenting me.  I like you just fine, or at least as much as the average dirtbag.