Author Topic: Air Force tells pilots to clean windows to avoid collisions with British aircraft  (Read 391 times)

rangerrebew

Air Force tells pilots to clean windows to avoid collisions with British aircraft
By: Kyle Rempfer   2 days ago

The U.S. Air Force has urged its pilots stationed at RAF Lakenheath to keep their cockpit windows clean in order to avoid collisions with British aircraft.

The warning comes after F-15s based out of southeastern England were involved in 19 near-misses with U.K. aircraft over the past five years, according to a report from the U.K. Airprox Board, obtained by the BBC. The board is responsible for British airspace safety.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2017/11/27/air-force-tells-pilots-to-clean-windows-to-avoid-collisions-with-british-aircraft/

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
These aircraft have some of the most sophisticated radars in the world and avoiding mid-airs comes down to dirty canopies? 

BS, crew chiefs clean them before and after every flight, it's part of their pre-flight, thru-flight and post-flight checklists to ensure the canopy is inspected and cleaned if needed.

Unless the pilots are licking the windows during flight, I have a hard time understanding this "directive".   :shrug:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
It has to be the pilots fault because it sure isn't their bosses fault.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.