Author Topic: Trump calls Warren 'Pocahontas' at event honoring Native American veterans  (Read 13728 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump calls Warren 'Pocahontas' at event honoring Native American veterans
« Reply #200 on: November 28, 2017, 08:53:44 pm »
I think he's gone downhill, unless he was grabbing little girls by their private parts in first grade.

@Machiavelli
@Concerned
@edpc

Don't rule it out.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #201 on: November 28, 2017, 08:59:45 pm »
Don't rule it out.

@edpc

Getting back on topic, the story (or one of them) identified Thomas Begay by name. I'm wondering if he's a relative of Joe Begay, a Navajo silversmith who may still peddle his wares at the Four Corners National Monument.

Joe and I had a great conversation during our visit there a few years ago. He was a Green Beret during Vietnam, and we shared our memories of going through Jump School at Fort Benning. One of his uncles was an original Code Talker. He also shared photos and memories of movies he appeared in.

It was a memorable half hour.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #202 on: November 28, 2017, 09:01:30 pm »
Yeah, can't fault Obama for the golf days.  They kept him out of the White House and he looked so cute doing it.

'Bout as cute as he looked throwing a baseball and pedaling around in mom jeans.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2017, 09:44:11 pm »
Don't rule it out.

Took a Safeway break and still trying to figure out what you Never Trumpers want.

Do you want Trump to be impeached?

There's very little chance of that and it would be a huge blow to the Republican Party.

Do you want him to decline to run again and hand the party over to a more deserving member?

I don't think that will happen.  Much to my surprise, Trump has taken to the job and done well at it.

So ... do you want some mythical pie-in-the-sky third party to rise up in the next 36 months?

I see no sign of that.

So, I can only conclude you would rather have a democrat than Trump.

Am I wrong?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #204 on: November 28, 2017, 09:45:10 pm »
I think I'm more offended by snobbery than I am by tweeting.
I am not offended whatsoever by Tweeting.  It is his way of doing an endaround of the press, which is not going to be honest with him.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 09:49:02 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #205 on: November 28, 2017, 09:51:05 pm »
I am not offended whatsoever by Tweeting.  It is his way of doing an endaround of the press, which is not going to be honest with him.

Yes.  I think it is.  I used to cringe at some of his tweets but realized there are far more cringe-worthy things in our society.

Offline corbe

« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2017, 09:53:20 pm »
Took a Safeway break and still trying to figure out what you Never Trumpers want.

If it even matters @Emjay for starters maybe quit calling us Never Trumpers, it is no longer relevant, if it ever was.

NO!

Do you want him to decline to run again and hand the party over to a more deserving member?

Sure, Why NoT?

So ... do you want some mythical pie-in-the-sky third party to rise up in the next 36 months?

see answer immediately above

What's the difference?

Am I wrong?

Yes, sometimes.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2017, 09:56:18 pm »

There's very little chance of that and it would be a huge blow to the Republican Party.

I don't think that will happen.  Much to my surprise, Trump has taken to the job and done well at it.

I see no sign of that.

Am I wrong?

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2017, 09:56:28 pm »
   If it even matters @Emjay for starters maybe quit calling us Never Trumpers, it is no longer relevant, if it ever was.

NO!

Sure, Why NoT?

What's the difference?

Yes, sometimes.

I will quit calling people Never Trumpers when they stop referring to Trump supporters as Orange Zombies or similar things.

You really side-stepped my question because there is no alternative to Trump right now except a Democrat.

Are you sure you want to go that far?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #209 on: November 28, 2017, 09:59:16 pm »
I will quit calling people Never Trumpers when they stop referring to Trump supporters as Orange Zombies or similar things.

You really side-stepped my question because there is no alternative to Trump right now except a Democrat.

Actually, the next alternative to Trump *right now* is Mike Pence, a Republican, not that I necessarily want him in place of Trump.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 09:59:38 pm by RoosGirl »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #210 on: November 28, 2017, 09:59:55 pm »
I think I'm more offended by snobbery than I am by tweeting.

Snobbery? Well I never!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #211 on: November 28, 2017, 10:02:57 pm »
Snobbery? Well I never!

Well, yeah, I do see rampant snobbery around here in the case of several favorite subjects.

But who cares.  They're having fun and enjoying themselves.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #212 on: November 28, 2017, 10:06:03 pm »

NO!

Sure, Why NoT?

What's the difference?

Yes, sometimes.

@corbe   Corbe?  Corbe?

Offline corbe

« Reply #213 on: November 28, 2017, 10:07:19 pm »

@Emjay I am fully aware that there are some Briefers that still throw those epithets around here but out of mutual respect for ALL my friends here, I don't use those, since the election. 
    I don't want a demonrat in the White House ever again. 
    I see you're still stuck on that binary $hit, it is not always either/or in this complex thing we call political life in America.      There was a time to elect a True Conservative but the Trumpers cut off their nose to spite their face. 
    I'll say it again, Trump is my President too and I reserve the right to ridicule him within the limits provided by Myst and her Mods.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #214 on: November 28, 2017, 10:09:19 pm »

I see no sign of that.

Am I wrong?

Got news for ya Emjay: you drop the "Never Trumper", and I'll drop the "Orange Brigadier." As I've said on multiple occasions, I didn't vote for him...nor did I vote for Hillary.

Trump's done some good things, such as Gorsuch.

He's done nothing IMO worthy of impeachment. If he wants to run for reelection, it's up to him. I have yet to see anyone on the Trump side interested in expanding the base. It's not just you, it's Salem Radio and their on air talent that says Trump can do no wrong.

Trump has been a democrat most of his life, but no, I'd rather not see a real Democrat in the White House...ever again.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #215 on: November 28, 2017, 10:10:50 pm »

We didn't start the fire, Emjay...Trump did.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #216 on: November 28, 2017, 10:24:44 pm »
https://fee.org/articles/the-laffer-curve-will-tax-cuts-pay-for-themselves/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0rKV_eHg1wIVgol-Ch0L4QNOEAAYASAAEgI-f_D_BwE

@DB

Interesting analysis.  Thanks for posting it.  (I’ve been out all day).  So, when personal tax rates went from 70% to 28%, tax receipts went from $600B in 1981 to $1T (round numbers) in 1989 and increase of $400B.  Given that this is a much more modest decrease, it’ll be interesting to see what happens with receipts with this tax decrease (especially the large corporate tax cut).  I remain skeptical. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #217 on: November 28, 2017, 10:27:19 pm »
@DB

Interesting analysis.  Thanks for posting it.  (I’ve been out all day).  So, when personal tax rates went from 70% to 28%, tax receipts went from $600B in 1981 to $1T (round numbers) in 1989 and increase of $400B.  Given that this is a much more modest decrease, it’ll be interesting to see what happens with receipts with this tax decrease (especially the large corporate tax cut).  I remain skeptical.
Why when the evidence is before you?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Concerned

« Reply #218 on: November 28, 2017, 10:29:30 pm »
Why when the evidence is before you?

Simple cause and effect.  What was the CAUSE of the growth during the Reagan years?  Was it definitively an EFFECT of the tax cuts?  I have my doubts about that especially since we didn't see that kind of growth with the Bush tax cuts.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 10:37:43 pm by Concerned »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #219 on: November 28, 2017, 10:34:58 pm »
   @Emjay I am fully aware that there are some Briefers that still throw those epithets around here but out of mutual respect for ALL my friends here, I don't use those, since the election. 
    I don't want a demonrat in the White House ever again. 
    I see you're still stuck on that binary $hit, it is not always either/or in this complex thing we call political life in America.      There was a time to elect a True Conservative but the Trumpers cut off their nose to spite their face. 
    I'll say it again, Trump is my President too and I reserve the right to ridicule him within the limits provided by Myst and her Mods.

No.  I am not stuck on binary stuff.  But binary stuff happens.  Most Never Trumpers (and yeah, they exist and are prevalent here) love to claim that they will praise Trump if he ever does anything right.

But, in their eyes, he never does.

I wanted Ted Cruz but, for a number of reasons that nobody really knows, he wasn't nominated.

But now we have Trump, and I still fail to see the merit or profit in continuing to deride him daily.

So, yeah, Trump wasn't my first choice and I still hope Ted Cruz is President in my lifetime but the reality is that Trump is doing okay unless one is just, oh, so, offended by him.

At first I thought he would never run again... that he wouldn't want the responsibility or the work entailed, but I'm pretty sure I was wrong.

The things a lot of people see as vices are actually virtues for Trump.  His ego is an Iron Man suit that protects him from stuff that would defeat a lesser man.

And he needs that now because I think you will admit that he has been more unfairly vilified than any other president  ... with the possible exception of Nixon.

So, yeah, you are perfectly free to ridicule him if that's your thing.  But you still haven't convinced me that there is a point to that.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #220 on: November 28, 2017, 10:42:20 pm »

I see no sign of that.

Am I wrong?

I don't accept your choices. I'd like a sane, ethical, literate, smart man or woman as POTUS. I don't think that is asking for more than our founding fathers would expect. Democrat, Republican, Independent it doesn't matter to me. Right now I see no difference between the parties.

I'd also like an intelligent voting base but I think that would be asking for too much.

Offline corbe

« Reply #221 on: November 28, 2017, 10:42:30 pm »
   Good points @Emjay  Believe me I am not trying to convince anyone here of anything, like you, I am just stating 'my' opinion as worthless as it may seem to some.  I do enjoy my time spent here with you and all the other Briefers, Trumpers included.   Quite a group Myst has assembled.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #222 on: November 28, 2017, 11:34:21 pm »

I see no sign of that.

Am I wrong?

He's got a 30 year record of saying things diametrically opposed to his less than 1 year in office.  They're out there and I won't repeat them every time I'm asked the same questions in different ways.  I have no faith in him, at all.

It'd be different if he said nevermind all that stuff I said before because I was mistaken.  That's not him.  Why worry about what I think about him, though?  If I'm dead wrong at the end of his term, that's good - right?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 11:39:10 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #223 on: November 28, 2017, 11:46:11 pm »

I see no sign of that.

Am I wrong?

Although I don’t consider myself a “Never Trumper”, I’d love to see Trump “decline to run again and hand the party over to a more deserving member”.  I absolutely believe that is the only possible way Republicans can win the White House in 2020.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #224 on: November 28, 2017, 11:47:03 pm »
He's got a 30 year record of saying things diametrically opposed to his less than 1 year in office.  They're out there and I won't repeat them every time I'm asked the same questions in different ways.  I have no faith in him, at all.

It'd be different if he said nevermind all that stuff I said before because I was mistaken.  That's not him.  Why worry about what I think about him, though?  If I'm dead wrong at the end of his term, that's good - right?

Yeah, but in the meantime it gives her something to bitch about.  I just don't understand the point of opposing us "NeverTrumpers" every day here.  What is there to gain by telling us every time we do something wrong?  They never praise us when we do something right, even though they say they're going to.