Author Topic: Marine Colonel Announces He’s Running Against Roy Moore: ‘Hold My Beer’  (Read 13549 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What sucks, Major League or otherwise, is that we have a man who is accused of sexual misconduct
with underage girls for whom people might vote regardless because, you know, well, Democrats,
with a tenuous Republican Senate majority at stake. We have the very real prospect of seeing a state
send a possible sexual criminal to Crapola Hill simply because, well, you know, he stands in their eyes
for the "right" things.

Funny how we had no trouble tearing out Democratic throats without the benefit of trials by jury
of their peers because, well, you know, they stood for the "wrong" things and their party
was just so deviant for standing by their manpersons despite what we knew was wrong with
them . . .

It's almost enough to make you wonder whether Teddy Kennedy---who never faced a trial by jury of
his peers (yes, we know he and his made damn sure that wouldn't happen until hell froze over,
but let's not get technical)---would have gotten a rightward Republican pass on Chappaquiddick if he'd
been a Republican and thus on the right side, the way he got a Democratic pass for all those years
because he was a leftward Democrat and thus what they believed to be on the right side.

I'll say it again: if nothing else, should this sordid business provoke a lot stronger vetting of candidates
by all political parties---major, minor, tailgate, surprise, or Tupperware, I don't care which---it would be
a very good thing.

And who will vet the vetors?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

What sucks, Major League or otherwise, is that we have a man who is accused of sexual misconduct
with underage girls for whom people might vote regardless because, you know, well, Democrats,
with a tenuous Republican Senate majority at stake. We have the very real prospect of seeing a state
send a possible sexual criminal to Crapola Hill simply because, well, you know, he stands in their eyes
for the "right" things.

Funny how we had no trouble tearing out Democratic throats without the benefit of trials by jury
of their peers because, well, you know, they stood for the "wrong" things and their party
was just so deviant for standing by their manpersons despite what we knew was wrong with
them . . .

It's almost enough to make you wonder whether Teddy Kennedy---who never faced a trial by jury of
his peers (yes, we know he and his made damn sure that wouldn't happen unless hell froze over,
but let's not get technical)---would have gotten a Republican pass on Chappaquiddick if he'd been a
rightward Republican and thus on the right side, the way he got a Democratic pass for all those years
because he was a leftward Democrat and thus what they believed to be on the right side.

Almost.

I'll say it again: if nothing else, should this sordid business provoke a lot stronger vetting of candidates
by all political parties---major, minor, tailgate, surprise, or Tupperware, I don't care which---it would be
a very good thing.

BRAVO!!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Fantom

The number of democrat enablers around here astounds me. I would almost swear peloser has multiple accounts here.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline musiclady

The number of democrat enablers around here astounds me. I would almost swear peloser has multiple accounts here.

Since you're here, and the thread where you called me a liar closed before I could respond, let me respond here, and then I am done with it.....

#1 - Calling me a liar was an indication that you understood you had lost the debate and had nothing reasonable to respond with.

#2 -  I had made a simple statement of fact...."God's laws of sexual morality apply equally to both men and women."  You spent the better part of the day trying to shoot that statement down, saying that God made men and women different, therefore my statement was incorrect.

#3 - I asked you to provide a Scripture reference where men were excluded from the laws of morality, and you refused to give me any.  (And in addition you leveled the silliest of accusations saying that my argument based on Scripture was "PC.")

#4 - I replied with the logical conclusion of your argument (and your intransigence and smarminess) by saying that you didn't believe in the 7th commandment, or that it applied to men.  At that point, you called me a liar, when all I was doing was following your argument to it's logical end.

#5 - If you do not believe that God's commands regarding sexual morality apply equally to men because God made you different than women, then my conclusion was accurate.  If you do believe that morality is equally applied, then you were playing a dishonest game, or are possibly one of the worst communicators/debaters around.

#6 - In addition to the 7th Commandment, you have to ignore the words of Jesus regarding adultery and lust, all the many references to sexual morality (fornication, adultery, homosexuality.... IOW, any sex outside the bonds of male-female marriage) in the Epistles, in order to make the argument you were making against my simple statement of Biblical truth.

#7 - There is one more possibility, that you were too emotionally involved in the conversation to present a lucid and rational argument, but as it stands, you lost the argument big time, and you know, of course, that nothing I said was a lie.

Thanks for listening.

(I will no longer converse with you on this subject as you are lacking objectivity, and cannot debate the subject intelligently. On other subjects, you may feel free to comment and respond to my posts.  On this one, it would be best, for your sake, if you ignored what I said, and stopped pursuing me).

:seeya:  @Fantom

« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 01:58:40 am by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Think, real hard, about what you just said.

Whether Moore wins or loses this race the Witch Hunters will have the last cackle.

Everywhere he goes (let's say he loses) people will shun him.

"Oh, that's that Roy Moore fellow. He almost became a Senator till it came out that he was a child molester."

Yes. I'll use the word Convict.

He will be shunned and avoided, Convicted in the Court of Mob Opinion, and forever personally and professionally mined over it.

Because he ran for elected Office.

Utterly ruined.

This is far more than a vote.

And I will be damned if I will countenance the use of such Precedent Setting smear tactics just to win a Senate Race.

You're upset about how many replies there have been picking at this nit?

Try counting all the replies Frank Cannon and RoosGirl have swelled threads with here. Witty sexually laden riposts, parries and Bon Mots, to each other. Personally, I'm getting tired of being notified there's a 'New Reply' to my post every time they do it.

BUT, they are both willing participants who are not destroying someone else.

A whole Universe of difference.

This crap isn't just a vote.

It's tearing a man's throat out without the benefit of a trial by a jury of his peers.

And it sucks, Major League.

And.... it sets the permanent precedent of using the tool of choice for the Oligarchy in DC to choose our rulers for us, no matter whom we ourselves prefer.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

@Fantom

Simple-minded TOS level crap.

When did conservatives decide to let their minds atrophy?

Online corbe

@Fantom

Simple-minded TOS level crap.

When did conservatives decide to let their minds atrophy?

It occurred, for a significant amount of them, back in May 2016.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fantom

Since you're here, and the thread where you called me a liar closed before I could respond, let me respond here, and then I am done with it.....

#1 - Calling me a liar was an indication that you understood you had lost the debate and had nothing reasonable to respond with.

#2 -  I had made a simple statement of fact...."God's laws of sexual morality apply equally to both men and women."  You spent the better part of the day trying to shoot that statement down, saying that God made men and women different, therefore my statement was incorrect.

#3 - I asked you to provide a Scripture reference where men were excluded from the laws of morality, and you refused to give me any.  (And in addition you leveled the silliest of accusations saying that my argument based on Scripture was "PC.")

#4 - I replied with the logical conclusion of your argument (and your intransigence and smarminess) by saying that you didn't believe in the 7th commandment, or that it applied to men.  At that point, you called me a liar, when all I was doing was following your argument to it's logical end.

#5 - If you do not believe that God's commands regarding sexual morality apply equally to men because God made you different than women, then my conclusion was accurate.  If you do believe that morality is equally applied, then you were playing a dishonest game, or are possibly one of the worst communicators/debaters around.

#6 - In addition to the 7th Commandment, you have to ignore the words of Jesus regarding adultery and lust, all the many references to sexual morality (fornication, adultery, homosexuality.... IOW, any sex outside the bonds of male-female marriage) in the Epistles, in order to make the argument you were making against my simple statement of Biblical truth.

#7 - There is one more possibility, that you were too emotionally involved in the conversation to present a lucid and rational argument, but as it stands, you lost the argument big time, and you know, of course, that nothing I said was a lie.

Thanks for listening.

(I will no longer converse with you on this subject as you are lacking objectivity, and cannot debate the subject intelligently. On other subjects, you may feel free to comment and respond to my posts.  On this one, it would be best, for your sake, if you ignored what I said, and stopped pursuing me).

:seeya:  @Fantom

Meh,  :shrug:  Your own words called you out.   As far as pursuit...looks like you have the projection down pat. 

Speak, don't speak...Meh. I will do the same.

BTW, have a good night there @musiclady.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 03:03:19 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online roamer_1

There is no presumption of innocence attached to a candidate's run for political office. 

There is ALWAYS a presumption of innocence between honorable people.To so blithely defame a man is nothing short of scurrilous.

The voters are being asked to exercise their common sense, not render a legal verdict. 

There is no common sense in bowing to gossip, and ripping away a lifetime of honorable service on the basis of hearsay..

Do you believe Roy Moore or his accusers?   

I believe Moore, hands down. There is no evidence against him. And his accusers are of questionable reliability, and likely politically driven,

Trust your gut, trust your instincts.   

What nonsense. Trust the evidence. This is no different than a bleeding heart 'it's for the chidrennn'.
Poppycock.

There will be no "proof" of the sort you demand prior to the election. 

There will be no proof at all. But if there is, THEN is the time to try him. Then is the time to make him step down, and there will be no shortage of people ready to crucify him.

Nevertheless,  it is up to the people of Alabama to enable or deny the political ambitions of a lawless hypocrite.

Yes, and thankfully, I will lay a good bet the people of Alabama still believe in the concept of proof.

Online roamer_1

And I do believe that Judge Moore was a Judge in the STATE of Alabama and was acting as an advocate for his STATE against federal overreaches in every instance!  In other words, he was actually UPHOLDING his oath of office!

That is the FACT of the matter.

Online roamer_1

a very good thing.

HE'S BEEN VETTED FOR FORTY YEARS, through two very national and very fractious events. You can't get better vetting.

Silver Pines

It occurred, for a significant amount of them, back in May 2016.

@corbe

Yeah, I can’t argue.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

@Fantom

Wanted to publicly acknowledge your caterpillar to butterfly 'transmorgafication' since "The Great Tsunami".

Proud to know you!

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Think, real hard, about what you just said.

Whether Moore wins or loses this race the Witch Hunters will have the last cackle.

Everywhere he goes (let's say he loses) people will shun him.

"Oh, that's that Roy Moore fellow. He almost became a Senator till it came out that he was a child molester."

Yes. I'll use the word Convict.

He will be shunned and avoided, Convicted in the Court of Mob Opinion, and forever personally and professionally mined over it.

Because he ran for elected Office.

Utterly ruined.

This is far more than a vote.

And I will be damned if I will countenance the use of such Precedent Setting smear tactics just to win a Senate Race.

You're upset about how many replies there have been picking at this nit?

Try counting all the replies Frank Cannon and RoosGirl have swelled threads with here. Witty sexually laden riposts, parries and Bon Mots, to each other. Personally, I'm getting tired of being notified there's a 'New Reply' to my post every time they do it.

BUT, they are both willing participants who are not destroying someone else.

A whole Universe of difference.

This crap isn't just a vote.

It's tearing a man's throat out without the benefit of a trial by a jury of his peers.

And it sucks, Major League.

Oh, the drama.   

And for who?  A politician?   

No one forces a man to run for political office, and everyone knows that politics ain't beanbag.

The sexual harassment scandals in the press and media industries are claiming careers.  Matt Lauer, as big an icon as there is in television news, was fired this morning.   Politicians?   No one's paid any price yet.   Franken says he's sorry, but he won't step down.   Conyers' iconic status has so far saved him, unlike Mr. Lauer.   And evangelicals are tripping over everything they claim to believe to run to the polls to vote in Roy Moore.

Political partisans defend their man, and unashamedly embrace the double standard.   Moore's a creep, but he'll oppose abortion, so who cares.  Franken's a groper,  but he'll vote to ban assault rifles, so who cares.   Trump's a sexual braggart, but he wants to make America great again, so who cares.

Don't waste your tears on Roy Moore.     

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

Meh,  :shrug:  Your own words called you out.   As far as pursuit...looks like you have the projection down pat. 

Speak, don't speak...Meh. I will do the same.

BTW, have a good night there @musiclady.

As for the "pursuit," I only said that because you were the one instigating the disagreement (childishly, I might add) to the simple Biblical truth I was posting about.

But it's interesting that in all the things I posted, the word "pursuit" is the only thing you could disagree with.  The rest, since it is all true, you clearly agree with.

I consider that a total victory........ so thanks.   You understand that men have to obey God's mroal laws just like women do. 

(I knew you knew I was right all along and that you were just playing a silly game, but it's good to have it verified.  I was worried about you for a while, with all that "God's law says men can sin sexually" stuff you were posting).

At any rate, "meh" back atcha!  I had a GREAT evening, and the morning is starting out swimmingly.  Hope the same is true for you.   :beer:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
As for the "pursuit," I only said that because you were the one instigating the disagreement (childishly, I might add) to the simple Biblical truth I was posting about.

But it's interesting that in all the things I posted, the word "pursuit" is the only thing you could disagree with.  The rest, since it is all true, you clearly agree with.

I consider that a total victory........ so thanks.   You understand that men have to obey God's mroal laws just like women do. 

(I knew you knew I was right all along and that you were just playing a silly game, but it's good to have it verified.  I was worried about you for a while, with all that "God's law says men can sin sexually" stuff you were posting).

At any rate, "meh" back atcha!  I had a GREAT evening, and the morning is starting out swimmingly.  Hope the same is true for you.   :beer:

I've come to realize that there are very few actual real Christians in this country. I'm talking about people who actually think about their souls and final judgement. So called Conservative Christians who vote for immorality are no different than the so called Liberal Christians who vote for immorality.

On the other hand if they want to try to use God to justify supporting immorality it is quite literally no skin off my soul. God doesn't do collectivism.

Offline musiclady

I've come to realize that there are very few actual real Christians in this country. I'm talking about people who actually think about their souls and final judgement. So called Conservative Christians who vote for immorality are no different than the so called Liberal Christians who vote for immorality.

On the other hand if they want to try to use God to justify supporting immorality it is quite literally no skin off my soul. God doesn't do collectivism.

I heartily agree.   The last two years have been an eye-opener to me.  I always knew there were significant cracks in the armor of the American contemporary church, but it's been revealing to see the dam crack wide open and the flood of "no big deal" detachment from moral absolutes come gushing through.

Lots of folks click "Christian" on the box, but neither believe nor live what it demands.

(Keeping in mind that we ALL fall far short of the Glory of God, but at least know what that means and try to live as Christ taught).

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I heartily agree.   The last two years have been an eye-opener to me.  I always knew there were significant cracks in the armor of the American contemporary church, but it's been revealing to see the dam crack wide open and the flood of "no big deal" detachment from moral absolutes come gushing through.

Lots of folks click "Christian" on the box, but neither believe nor live what it demands.

(Keeping in mind that we ALL fall far short of the Glory of God, but at least know what that means and try to live as Christ taught).

The liberal Christians in my family use God to justify supporting outright marxism  just as my atheist sister uses her self righteousness to justify supporting abortion. These so called conservative Christians who justify voting for immorality are doing the exact same thing.

They can claim "God's will" if they win but few will claim the same if they lose but the ultimate reality is that God gives us free will to choose between good and evil and the ultimate consequence is our own. That ideal of Godly free will is the very seed of revolution planted by men like George Whitefield in the 1700s.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
"Don't waste your tears on Roy Moore."

@Jazzhead

And up to now, the time to reply to anything you've posted.

Amazes me that self identified Conservatives are all willing to jump on the Lynch Mob bandwagon.

What are they in favor of Conserving?

The 4th Amendment?

The 5th Amendment?

The 6th Amendment?

The 7th Amendment?

How about the 8th Amendment? Cruel and Unusual Punishment, sans Trial, inflicted by the Moral Superiority of a Lynch Mob.

Apparently they're not in favor of Conserving anything beyond their own self importance gauged by the depths of their own FEEEELLLIINGS of Superior Outrage because someone who MIGHT have done something, MIGHT be elected.

Every Citizen in this country MIGHT have done all manner of things, some of them prohibited by criminal law.

Which is why we have laws, and Courts.

Not Lynch Mobs.

But according to you, it's OK to DO IT to Roy Moore. Just cinch the noose around his neck and hoist him up into the tree, because of his desired 'Condition of Employment'.

He's applying for a job to the people of the State of Alabama as one of their U.S. Senators.

So that kicks his Unalienable God Given Rights off the Table. It Strips Roy Moore of His 'Equal Under Law' birthright because YOU have identified him as just a politician.

Real Nice to know what being a Citizen means to You, Jazzhead.

Thanks for the Clarification.

Welcome to Jazzhead's America, where Some people are More Equal Than Others, due to their Condition of Employment.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline musiclady

The liberal Christians in my family use God to justify supporting outright marxism  just as my atheist sister uses her self righteousness to justify supporting abortion. These so called conservative Christians who justify voting for immorality are doing the exact same thing.

They can claim "God's will" if they win but few will claim the same if they lose but the ultimate reality is that God gives us free will to choose between good and evil and the ultimate consequence is our own. That ideal of Godly free will is the very seed of revolution planted by men like George Whitefield in the 1700s.

All I can say to that, is AMEN!!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Real Nice to know what being a Citizen means to You, Jazzhead.

Thanks for the Clarification.

Welcome to Jazzhead's America, where Some people are More Equal Than Others, due to their Condition of Employment.

And don't forget that if you own a business, you must bake the effing homosexual celebration cake or be punished and destroyed in like-manner, have your business destroyed and rot in prison for bigotry in Jazzhead's sick, perverted world.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

All I can say to that, is AMEN!!

Moore on abortion:

"Because a human life with a full genetic endowment comes into existence at the moment of conception, the self-evident truth that “all men are created equal and are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights” encompasses the moment of conception. Legal recognition of the unborn as members of the human family derives ultimately from the laws of nature and of nature’s God, Who created human life in His image and protected it with the commandment: “Thou shalt not kill.” Therefore, the interpretation of the word “child” in Alabama’s chemical-endangerment statute, § 26-15- 3.2, Ala. Code 1975, to include all human beings from the moment of conception is fully consistent with these first principles regarding life and law."

Factor this in as long as we're talking about who's more likely doing God's will.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 06:27:45 pm by skeeter »

Offline DiogenesLamp

for the "right" things.

them . . .

his peers (yes, we know he and his made damn sure that wouldn't happen unless hell froze over,
but let's not get technical)---would have gotten a Republican pass on Chappaquiddick if he'd been a
rightward Republican and thus on the right side, the way he got a Democratic pass for all those years

Almost.

a very good thing.

Dead babies.   

Justify your position in light of that.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

I have already made up my mind that were we in a combat situation,   there are a bunch of people here I would frag before they had a chance to get me killed and the mission compromised. 

They are literally working against the primary goal here.   

“If I had but one bullet and were faced by both an enemy and a traitor, I would let the traitor have it.”
— Corneliu Codreanu —

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I have already made up my mind that were we in a combat situation,   there are a bunch of people here I would frag before they had a chance to get me killed and the mission compromised. 

They are literally working against the primary goal here.   

“If I had but one bullet and were faced by both an enemy and a traitor, I would let the traitor have it.”
— Corneliu Codreanu —

You are aware that sounds a bit hysterical and shrill, are you not?