Author Topic: Marine Colonel Announces He’s Running Against Roy Moore: ‘Hold My Beer’  (Read 13518 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Bullshit.  Neither you nor any judge is a king.   If a judge makes a "kook" decision,  the solution (which has been exercised many times over the years by Congress) is to pass a law to clarify or override that decision. 

And you keep coming back to that claim that congress refraining from fixing an idiotic court decision proves it was valid.   

No,  Congress cannot even balance a budget.   Pointing to the ineptness of Congress to do it's job is not proof that  Idiot-Kook Judges are correct in their Idiot-Kook decisions. 

Sure, judges have expanded the reach of the 14th amendment.  But the mechanism exists under the law to rein in or modify that reach. 

Just as the "mechanism"  exists to get fresh blood into congress... except it doesn't work.   There is institutional inertia that prohibits "change".  Just as incumbency grants to the holder extraordinary power to retain their seats,   so too does the tediousness and difficulty of getting enough people to agree to overturn a judge,   allow kook judges to get away with their crap.   

This does not make their kook decisions not-crap.   They are still crap decisions,   and they just get away with  them.   

The fact that such expansion has been allowed to stand means that our Constitutional system is working as intended - the people are in favor of such expansion.

What utter nonsense.    The system has been gamed,  and the people have no viable recourse.   

The bottom line is we are a nation of laws, not of men.

What does that even mean when the "law"  can be pronounced to have a ridiculous meaning completely at odds with legislative intent?   

We cannot be a nation of laws if the laws have no consistent meaning. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead
you talking about morals.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

And what makes you more moral than me? 

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

@Jazzhead
We're all sinners.  Some repent and seek to do better.  Some celebrate their sin.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

'Scuse me, I'm going to go join @driftdiver.  You're better than Nitrous on Dentist Day.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Silver Pines

@To-Whose-Benefit?
Its not about proof its about FEEEELLLINGS

@driftdiver

I’ll say it again—-the squalling and shrieking and flouncing around is coming from the male side of the aisle.

Case in point.   ^-^

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@driftdiver

I’ll say it again—-the squalling and shrieking and flouncing around is coming from the male side of the aisle.

Case in point.   ^-^

@CatherineofAragon
Nice try but not even close

its getting kinda funny watching you NTs wail and flounder about every stinking little thing.   Its like you check in with the media to get your talking points every day
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

its getting kinda funny watching you NTs wail and flounder about every stinking little thing.   Its like you check in with the media to get your talking points every day

@driftdiver

No, it pretty much nails it.  I’ve seen more hysterical all- caps emoting and multiple exclamation marks than I’ve seen before...outside of a Gateway Pundit headline, that is.

You’ve busted me.  Never Trump, blah, blah , and I’m a secret Dem operative.  That’s what you’ve got, and it’s pathetically stupid. 

All because I won’t ease your conscience about that molesting creep.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@CatherineofAragon

All of this over a stupid senatorial candidate in a state that none of us live in?  Wow.  Y'all are willing to call each other names and be obnoxious to each other when someone doesn't agree with you over something that neither side can "prove"?  We may never know the truth of the situation, and so many of you are willing to show your a$$ over something like this?  Well, I hope we never have important issues to discuss; the forum's liable to go up in flames. 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
All of this over a stupid senatorial candidate in a state that none of us live in?  Wow.  Y'all are willing to call each other names and be obnoxious to each other when someone doesn't agree with you over something that neither side can "prove"?  We may never know the truth of the situation, and so many of you are willing to show your a$$ over something like this?  Well, I hope we never have important issues to discuss; the forum's liable to go up in flames.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Well, there are certain dog whistle issues that make social conservatives' hair stand on end.  One is the tyranny that a baker might just have to bake the cake he's advertised to provide.  And another is the possibility that the sainted Judge Moore might actually be a lawless, hypocritical creep.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Frank Cannon

Silly person. There is nothing more important than Roy Moore. I he is not elected Senator the space-time continuum will be turned upside down and maple trees will become the common currency. God help us all if that happens.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Well, there are certain dog whistle issues that make social conservatives' hair stand on end.  One is the tyranny that a baker might just have to bake the cake he's advertised to provide.  And another is the possibility that the sainted Judge Moore might actually be a lawless, hypocritical creep.

You must be the boards resident douche bag. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

You must be the boards resident douche bag.

LOL!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

If you want to send a man to the chair you need

the fired weapon

the projectile from the victim's body, which must have a Minimum of the matching Ballistics Test Proof numbers of rifling marks matching the rifling of the weapon's barrel (Here I'm rusty, but I Think it used to be 13 out of 21 possibles)

the accused's fingerprints/DNA on the weapon

a paraffin test on the accused's hand to prove they recently fired A gun/Some gun

Motive?

Kind of hard, in this case if you'll excuse the pun, to prove Roy Moore was the only guy who liked girls, out of the whole State, or COULD have liked them at age 17 instead of 18 (since the wheels have already been taken off the 14 year old story)

Opportunity?

Same as above.

The "Possibility that Moore Might Actually Be", is called a Lynch Mob, or Show Trial in Stalinist terms.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 10:50:07 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If you want to send a man to the chair you need

the fired weapon

the projectile from the victim's body, which must have a Minimum of the matching Ballistics Test Proof numbers of rifling marks matching the rifling of the weapon's barrel (Here I'm rusty, but I Think it used to be 13 out of 21 possibles)

the accused's fingerprints/DNA on the weapon

a paraffin test on the accused's hand to prove they recently fired A gun/Some gun

Motive?

Kind of hard, in this case if you'll excuse the pun, to prove Roy Moore was the only guy whom liked girls, out of the whole State, or COULD have liked them at age 17 instead of 18 (since the wheels have already been taken off the 14 year old story)

Opportunity?

Same as above.

The "Possibility that Moore Might Actually Be", is called a Lynch Mob, or Show Trial in Stalinist terms.

Fine, then you vote for him.   Oh, wait....you can't because you don't even live in that state! 

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
. . . at this point Moore could admit to the charges and some would still want him in office.
Some wanted him in well before this point and after the accusations arose.

Col. Busby already looks like a better candidate than either Moore or Jones.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online corbe

Did someone say maple trees?

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

• Wulf Anson Author
Fine, then you vote for him.   Oh, wait....you can't because you don't even live in that state!

BINGO!

And neither do most of the people here trying and convicting him in abstentia.

Mobs are ugly, and damned dangerous creatures.

The Founders referred to them as Factions.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

BINGO!

And neither do most of the people here trying and convicting him in abstentia.

Mobs are ugly, and damned dangerous creatures.

The Founders referred to them as Factions.

"Convict"?  It's a vote and when you vote you have to make a decision who to vote for.  And, nobody's convicting or clearing anyone here of anything, even if they could....which they can't.

Some of the posters who, who can't vote for Moore, wouldn't vote for Moore.  Some of the posters here, who can't vote for Moore, would vote for Moore. 

This is beyond silly at this point.  It's bordering on OCD.

Offline skeeter

"Convict"?  It's a vote and when you vote you have to make a decision who to vote for.  And, nobody's convicting or clearing anyone here of anything, even if they could....which they can't.

Some of the posters who, who can't vote for Moore, wouldn't vote for Moore.  Some of the posters here, who can't vote for Moore, would vote for Moore. 

I'll cop to being among the latter group . And of course I'm an excellent driver.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'll cop to being among the latter group . And of course I'm an excellent driver.

Hey, as long as it's useful!

• Wulf Anson Author

Think, real hard, about what you just said.

Whether Moore wins or loses this race the Witch Hunters will have the last cackle.

Everywhere he goes (let's say he loses) people will shun him.

"Oh, that's that Roy Moore fellow. He almost became a Senator till it came out that he was a child molester."

Yes. I'll use the word Convict.

He will be shunned and avoided, Convicted in the Court of Mob Opinion, and forever personally and professionally mined over it.

Because he ran for elected Office.

Utterly ruined.

This is far more than a vote.

And I will be damned if I will countenance the use of such Precedent Setting smear tactics just to win a Senate Race.

You're upset about how many replies there have been picking at this nit?

Try counting all the replies Frank Cannon and RoosGirl have swelled threads with here. Witty sexually laden riposts, parries and Bon Mots, to each other. Personally, I'm getting tired of being notified there's a 'New Reply' to my post every time they do it.

BUT, they are both willing participants who are not destroying someone else.

A whole Universe of difference.

This crap isn't just a vote.

It's tearing a man's throat out without the benefit of a trial by a jury of his peers.

And it sucks, Major League.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
 888ohnoes

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Think, real hard, about what you just said.

Whether Moore wins or loses this race the Witch Hunters will have the last cackle.

Everywhere he goes (let's say he loses) people will shun him.

"Oh, that's that Roy Moore fellow. He almost became a Senator till it came out that he was a child molester."

Yes. I'll use the word Convict.

He will be shunned and avoided, Convicted in the Court of Mob Opinion, and forever personally and professionally mined over it.

Because he ran for elected Office.

Utterly ruined.

This is far more than a vote.

And I will be damned if I will countenance the use of such Precedent Setting smear tactics just to win a Senate Race.

You're upset about how many replies there have been picking at this nit?

Try counting all the replies Frank Cannon and RoosGirl have swelled threads with here. Witty sexually laden riposts, parries and Bon Mots, to each other. Personally, I'm getting tired of being notified there's a 'New Reply' to my post every time they do it.

BUT, they are both willing participants who are not destroying someone else.

A whole Universe of difference.

It's tearing a man's throat out without the benefit of a trial by a jury of his peers.

Most of those posting here have not had the experience of steping out of their safety zone and actually running for an elective office but I am not among that group and fully understand the risks involved with doing that.  It's a wonder we can still find a decent person to run for anything and mostly we do not!  What we see being done to Roy Moore is a perfect illustration of why we are in the mess we currently find ourselves.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:22:59 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

What sucks, Major League or otherwise, is that we have a man who is accused of sexual misconduct
with underage girls for whom people might vote regardless because, you know, well, Democrats,
with a tenuous Republican Senate majority at stake. We have the very real prospect of seeing a state
send a possible sexual criminal to Crapola Hill simply because, well, you know, he stands in their eyes
for the "right" things.

Funny how we had no trouble tearing out Democratic throats without the benefit of trials by jury
of their peers because, well, you know, they stood for the "wrong" things and their party
was just so deviant for standing by their manpersons despite what we knew was wrong with
them . . .

It's almost enough to make you wonder whether Teddy Kennedy---who never faced a trial by jury of
his peers (yes, we know he and his made damn sure that wouldn't happen unless hell froze over,
but let's not get technical)---would have gotten a Republican pass on Chappaquiddick if he'd been a
rightward Republican and thus on the right side, the way he got a Democratic pass for all those years
because he was a leftward Democrat and thus what they believed to be on the right side.

Almost.

I'll say it again: if nothing else, should this sordid business provoke a lot stronger vetting of candidates
by all political parties---major, minor, tailgate, surprise, or Tupperware, I don't care which---it would be
a very good thing.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:33:20 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.