Author Topic: Top court spurns challenge to Maryland assault weapons ban  (Read 694 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Top court spurns challenge to Maryland assault weapons ban
« on: November 27, 2017, 05:47:49 pm »
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court, which has avoided major gun cases for seven years, on Monday declined to hear a challenge backed by the National Rifle Association to Maryland’s 2013 state ban on assault weapons enacted after a Connecticut school massacre.

The court turned away an appeal by several Maryland residents, firearms dealers and the state NRA association, who argued that the ban violated their right to keep and bear arms under the U.S. Constitution’s Second Amendment.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-guncontrol/top-court-spurns-challenge-to-maryland-assault-weapons-ban-idUSKBN1DR1SE
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Top court spurns challenge to Maryland assault weapons ban
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 08:11:30 pm »
So much for the "SCOTUS is a conservative Court!" trope.  Darth Bader's exit can't come soon enough.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 08:26:25 pm »
I've been trying to decide on a model for a new AR.   Would love to buy several before they eventually get banned.   I'm thinking SIG but there are a bunch of good ones.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 08:30:56 pm »
I've been trying to decide on a model for a new AR.   Would love to buy several before they eventually get banned.   I'm thinking SIG but there are a bunch of good ones.

Hey @txradioguy you got your ears on?  Any advice for our friend?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 08:34:26 pm »
Hey @txradioguy you got your ears on?  Any advice for our friend?

The Daniel Defense ones are good as well as the Smith and Wesson M&P series.  I test fired their M&P 15 Rifles about a month ago in 5.56 and .300 Blackout.  Both were very nice shooting rifles.

The Sig AR15 platform is nothing to sneeze at either.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 03:19:26 am »
I sense the Justices -- or perhaps the conservative members -- are "holding back" on this issue for now, until they see at least one more retirement/replacement. That will increase the likelihood that the decision will "go the right way".

Also, was the MD case the only one "coming up" from below on this particular issue?
Sometimes the Court will wait until there are at least one or two more similar cases from other jurisdictions -- or, conflicting decisions from different appellate districts.

I sense the Court -will- adjudicate on this, eventually.
The time isn't quite right yet.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 03:38:08 am »
The Daniel Defense ones are good as well as the Smith and Wesson M&P series.  I test fired their M&P 15 Rifles about a month ago in 5.56 and .300 Blackout.  Both were very nice shooting rifles.

The Sig AR15 platform is nothing to sneeze at either.

Thanks!
I will NOT comply.