Author Topic: Roy Moore’s Accusers’ Stories Getting Shaky, Moore Team Planning Lawsuit  (Read 19809 times)

Offline thackney

Re: Roy Moore’s Accusers’ Stories Getting Shaky, Moore Team Planning Lawsuit
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2017, 03:48:25 pm »
@thackney

Seriously?  Why wouldn’t they be?

Remember back in those quaint days of yore, when conservatives insisted that politicians needed to have strong moral character?  Now it’s “Yeah, I might not trust him near my daughter but I think he’d be fine in a position of leadership.”

That can’t end well.  Anyone who thinks it can is desperately delusional.

My standards for my family are a lot higher than I would expect from any politician.  Or any employee, or any many other choices of people I can accept in their role.  That role is far more limited than my family is to me.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #201 on: November 22, 2017, 03:50:08 pm »
Or, heaven forbid, you can review the other people that were options and make an adult decision about what you want as a representative.

You can do that before the choices have been whittled down to two.   After that,  you no longer have that option.

This is another iteration of the same argument about the Presidential election.   Once again we get a choice between a great evil and a minor evil,  and people are once again counseling us to be "Penny wise and Pound foolish."   

Love how people who want to bring down the swamp system stay within its paradigms and get trapped in its reasoning.

Non sequitur.   The facts are as they are.   You will either get a real swamp creature if Moore doesn't win,   or you will get someone who is opposed to the swamp,  and to whom the swamp is greatly opposed.   

There is no third option.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #202 on: November 22, 2017, 03:50:17 pm »
@skeeter

So a man in his thirties hanging around malls to meet teenagers is normal.  A man in his thirties who hung around teen girls’ recitals—-no problem.  Okay, it seems you’ve accepted he did that, and that the accounts are true.

To believe that, and none of the rest, is just picking and choosing because you want to be able to justify supporting Moore.
I call BS.

The accusations vary widely. The notion that he may have dated teenagers is believable. Moore's wife is herself from the same age range. The notion that he is a sexual predator, given what we know, is not.

- We have only one account of impropriety from after the time Moore was married. The woman accusing Moore in this case was 28 at the time, not a teenager. Furthermore, that woman is friends with Leigh Corfman, whose account is most damning and inconsistent with other accounts of Moore's dating patterns at the time. That raises collusion concerns and calls into question the credibility of both. Most child molesters have proclivities toward that for the rest of their lives, hence why we have Megan's Law in most states. There's no evidence of that with Moore. Corfman is, literally, the only person accusing him of this kind of misconduct.

- Despite the Luther Strange campaign openly searching for stories such as this, they were unable to verify anything, indicating Corfman deliberately withheld her story until after the primary to cause the most possible collateral damage.

Corfman's words have been wholly inconsistent with her actions and show all the hallmarks of a liar.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:50:40 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #203 on: November 22, 2017, 03:53:15 pm »
Quote from: edpc on November 21, 2017, 03:39:44 PM

Those who are standing behind the ‘its not illegal’ line should ask themselves a couple questions.  What would your reaction be if a man twice their age asked to date your teenage daughter?  Would you vote for that man 30 years later?

I swear I've read this exact thing, or something very similar to it, at least 50 times now.  You'll pardon me if I don't respond to it....again.

The question strikes me as being eerily reminiscent of the "would you let your daughter marry one?"   argument of 60 years ago.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #204 on: November 22, 2017, 03:54:55 pm »
Court Documents Raise Significant Questions About Leigh Corfman’s Accusations Against Roy Moore

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/21/court-documents-raise-significant-questions-leigh-corfmans-accusations-roy-moore/
The Republic is lost.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #205 on: November 22, 2017, 04:02:27 pm »

Frankly I'm thinking it may be time to ask to have my account here closed. I just don't want to be associated with the degenerate garbage that have found a welcoming home here.

Judging by the wisdom I have seen so far coming from your direction I would have to say that this quote by  Charles M. Lichenstein  pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter. 

''We will put no impediment in your way,'' he continued, ''The members of the U.S. mission to the United Nations will be down at the dockside waving you a fond farewell as you sail off into the sunset.''

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2017, 04:08:05 pm »
They could file a lawsuit in a day. He's a lawyer and he's at home among lawyers. If they really believed it was entirely fake evidence they'd be pounding it in the courts seeking heavy damages and in the media. This isn't a he said/she said. There's a claim of evidence on one side and that it is fake evidence on the other. That can be analyzed and a determination of truth made. A real lawsuit has a way of causing reality to set in for those pushing a lie when faced with big fines/prison.

The only reason not to file a lawsuit is because there's truth mixed in there somewhere. Otherwise he'd be on a righteous crusade against Nelson to get justice - as would anyone.

Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread.   It might be emotionally satisfying to serve them with papers immediately,   but If I were a lawyer handling this,   I would want to make d@mn sure I wasn't making a fool move.    Lawsuits take years sometimes,   and a little prudence in nailing down your potential evidence and therefore your claims will preclude a great deal of difficulty later.   

Nobody has a smoking gun.   Moore can't prove they lied anymore than they can prove he did what they claim.   If a smoking gun shows up on either side,  I expect it will result in immediate action. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #207 on: November 22, 2017, 04:09:46 pm »
Non sequitur.   The facts are as they are.   You will either get a real swamp creature if Moore doesn't win, or you will get someone who is opposed to the swamp,  and to whom the swamp is greatly opposed.

In everyday speech, a non sequitur is a statement in which the final part is totally unrelated to the first part.

A terrible misuse of a word, since Moore has made the swamp part of his campaign platform and you go on to reinforce that.  It’s fine, though.....not the first time someone has used it when they have found themselves (to alter a phrase) hoisted by their own ‘dotard.’
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:10:25 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #208 on: November 22, 2017, 04:11:21 pm »
Not nearly as hard if you invent stories that can be clearly proven to be a lie. She's made claims about the signing of her yearbook and the location that it took place and that she worked there at the time. Expose one lie and the house cards falls.

I take it you haven't seen the articles about the woman who came forth that says she worked there at that same time and she contradicts the accuser on five different claims?   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2017, 04:19:49 pm »
That is highly disturbing.

I find it disturbing when people counsel throwing the baby out with the bathwater.   

In the moral triage of the occasion,   we do not let lesser moral concerns override greater moral concerns.   That is foolish.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2017, 04:33:26 pm »
In everyday speech, a non sequitur is a statement in which the final part is totally unrelated to the first part.

It means "does not follow"  in Latin.   In debate, a non sequitur is a sequence or argument that does not support the initial claim. 

When you have to nit-pick the usage and meaning of words,   it's a pretty good indication you don't have a better argument with which to rebut. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2017, 04:41:14 pm »

I find it disturbing when people counsel throwing the baby out with the bathwater.   

In the moral triage of the occasion,   we do not let lesser moral concerns override greater moral concerns.   That is foolish.

The disturbing part was that someone would vote for a creep guilty of abusing young girls, but if you think that kind of person leading and making laws for our nation is better than any democrat, please carry on.  There's no way to converse that kind of freak show away.

Offline edpc

« Reply #212 on: November 22, 2017, 04:44:27 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

No, I left out the moral relativism and fact there’s already someone in the seat that can be a write-in, because that’s obvious.

But, I guess you told me...... *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #213 on: November 22, 2017, 04:44:58 pm »
The disturbing part was that someone would vote for a creep guilty of abusing young girls, but if you think that kind of person leading and making laws for our nation is better than any democrat, please carry on.  There's no way to converse that kind of freak show away.

And rumor and innuendo are sufficient to establish guilt for you as well!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #214 on: November 22, 2017, 04:45:35 pm »

If its good enough for Mohammad is good enough for Moore and his supporters.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #215 on: November 22, 2017, 04:45:43 pm »

But Roy swings a bible around so it is all alright.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #216 on: November 22, 2017, 04:49:54 pm »
Now that his two biggest accusers, Leigh Corfman and Beverly Young have had their stories completely contradicted, I'd say the issue is pretty much dead.

All there is now is never-Trumpers who wanted to hang their hats on getting Moore - who Trump didn't even endorse - and taking him down. They are just desperately clinging on the words of Gloria Allred and that criminal WaPo hit reporter, playing the dutiful sychophant to scumbag liberals.
The Republic is lost.

Offline thackney

« Reply #217 on: November 22, 2017, 04:58:26 pm »

If you would demonstrate where he has been proved guilty of that, I would be glad to join your chorus.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Silver Pines

« Reply #218 on: November 22, 2017, 05:06:04 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Except that you have no proof that any of that actually occurred!  NONE!  All you have is rumor, innuendo, and media lies! 

BTW:  I personally doubt that you have ever voted for anything other than a Democrat in your life!

@Bigun

You're an !EMOTIONAL! !SCREAMY! !LITTLE! !DEVIL!  Aren't you!!!!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #219 on: November 22, 2017, 05:08:48 pm »
But does he own Bruno Magli shoes?

Only Kato knows for sure, and he ain't sayin' until somebody starts payin'.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Silver Pines

« Reply #220 on: November 22, 2017, 05:09:43 pm »
Now that his two biggest accusers, Leigh Corfman and Beverly Young have had their stories completely contradicted, I'd say the issue is pretty much dead.

All there is now is never-Trumpers who wanted to hang their hats on getting Moore - who Trump didn't even endorse - and taking him down. They are just desperately clinging on the words of Gloria Allred and that criminal WaPo hit reporter, playing the dutiful sychophant to scumbag liberals.

@Free Vulcan

Lol!

Of course, it's aaaaaalllll a big fat zero. 

Going to be interesting when Moore sponsors Take Your Daughter To Work Day in the Senate!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #221 on: November 22, 2017, 05:10:28 pm »
@Bigun

@CatherineofAragon

Yeah!  From your perspective, I suppose I am!

And I note that you failed to deny that you have never voted for anything other than a Democrat in your life which is very telling.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

« Reply #222 on: November 22, 2017, 05:13:18 pm »
Here's an early Christmas present for you @Cripplecreek   Simply print and frame for your mantle.

@Right_in_Virginia

Okay, is it just me, or is it kind of strange to respond to someone with a fan picture from your personal jpg collection?

Print and frame, indeed.   :laugh:

Offline edpc

« Reply #223 on: November 22, 2017, 05:14:54 pm »
@Bigun

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #224 on: November 22, 2017, 05:22:41 pm »
And rumor and innuendo are sufficient to establish guilt for you as well!

Not at all.  You were not following that conversation close enough to understand what was said and why.  Go back and read my portion of the conversation and I bet you'll change your mind.