Author Topic: Roy Moore’s Accusers’ Stories Getting Shaky, Moore Team Planning Lawsuit  (Read 19763 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Roy Moore’s Accusers’ Stories Getting Shaky, Moore Team Planning Lawsuit
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2017, 10:20:32 pm »
When I see the church also becoming neutral to this kind of thing for the sake of politics I feel sick.

Stuff like this doesn't help.....

“I don’t know how much these women are getting paid, but I can only believe they’re getting a healthy sum,” said pastor Earl Wise, a Moore supporter from Millbrook, Ala.

Wise said he would support Moore even if the allegations were true and the candidate was proved to have sexually molested teenage girls and women.

“There ought to be a statute of limitations on this stuff,” Wise said. “How these gals came up with this, I don’t know. They must have had some sweet dreams somewhere down the line.

“Plus,” he added, “there are some 14-year-olds, who, the way they look, could pass for 20.”

http://theweek.com/speedreads/738842/alabama-pastor-defends-roy-moore-by-saying-some-14yearolds--could-pass-20
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2017, 10:24:45 pm »

Frankly I'm thinking it may be time to ask to have my account here closed. I just don't want to be associated with the degenerate garbage that have found a welcoming home here.

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2017, 10:27:10 pm »
Stuff like this doesn't help.....

“I don’t know how much these women are getting paid, but I can only believe they’re getting a healthy sum,” said pastor Earl Wise, a Moore supporter from Millbrook, Ala.

Wise said he would support Moore even if the allegations were true and the candidate was proved to have sexually molested teenage girls and women.

“There ought to be a statute of limitations on this stuff,” Wise said. “How these gals came up with this, I don’t know. They must have had some sweet dreams somewhere down the line.

“Plus,” he added, “there are some 14-year-olds, who, the way they look, could pass for 20.”

http://theweek.com/speedreads/738842/alabama-pastor-defends-roy-moore-by-saying-some-14yearolds--could-pass-20

Doesn't help.  Makes people suspicious of church, even me.  I know my church isn't like that.  But I left one that I think would support a politician if they thought they could get something from it.  I on the other hand put my trust in God.

Abortion is the most horrid thing a human can do if you ask me.  But will I accept rape and sexual assault for a promise from a politician to do something about abortion.  Does God do that?  Would he say this is OK as long as you take a stand against this other evil?  No.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2017, 10:37:57 pm »
He's not going to because he's a coward and a liar like Trump.

The man who molested my sister is apparently not guilty this time because none of the other girls he's molested in the intervening years have come forward.

Frankly I'm thinking it may be time to ask to have my account here closed. I just don't want to be associated with the degenerate garbage that have found a welcoming home here.

Don't let the doorknob hit you in the AZZ on your way out! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2017, 10:45:28 pm »
I suppose in light of the thread’s moral relativism and CC’s post, this seemed fitting.....

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #155 on: November 21, 2017, 10:47:38 pm »
Doesn't help.  Makes people suspicious of church, even me.  I know my church isn't like that.  But I left one that I think would support a politician if they thought they could get something from it.  I on the other hand put my trust in God.

Abortion is the most horrid thing a human can do if you ask me.  But will I accept rape and sexual assault for a promise from a politician to do something about abortion.  Does God do that?  Would he say this is OK as long as you take a stand against this other evil?  No.

God has power, we don't.     Moore deserves a day in court.   The one thing has admitted too is chasing young girls.  Not a crime but not someone I'd support.

At this point you all have declared him guilty of rape.   You have no proof. 

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #156 on: November 21, 2017, 11:11:19 pm »
When is Moore going to file the lawsuit?  Haven't seen it.

LOLWhut? A proper suit will take a month to 6 months to bring forward. It isn't surprising at all that it hasn't happened yet.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #157 on: November 21, 2017, 11:24:29 pm »
LOLWhut? A proper suit will take a month to 6 months to bring forward. It isn't surprising at all that it hasn't happened yet.

Kindly do not cloud the issue with facts and common sense.

Offline DB

« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2017, 01:08:07 am »

They could file a lawsuit in a day. He's a lawyer and he's at home among lawyers. If they really believed it was entirely fake evidence they'd be pounding it in the courts seeking heavy damages and in the media. This isn't a he said/she said. There's a claim of evidence on one side and that it is fake evidence on the other. That can be analyzed and a determination of truth made. A real lawsuit has a way of causing reality to set in for those pushing a lie when faced with big fines/prison.

The only reason not to file a lawsuit is because there's truth mixed in there somewhere. Otherwise he'd be on a righteous crusade against Nelson to get justice - as would anyone.

Offline DB

« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2017, 01:09:17 am »
Kindly do not cloud the issue with facts and common sense.

I disagree. See above.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2017, 01:12:05 am »
I disagree. See above.

So there are no legitimate reasons for not having filed yet?

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2017, 01:13:25 am »

#VirtueSignal

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/21/child-sex-abuse-victim-calls-doug-jones-hypocrisy-jones-said-victims-claims-without-merit-cynical-attempt-extort-money/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 01:18:05 am by Restored »
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #162 on: November 22, 2017, 01:18:25 am »
They could file a lawsuit in a day. He's a lawyer and he's at home among lawyers. If they really believed it was entirely fake evidence they'd be pounding it in the courts seeking heavy damages and in the media. This isn't a he said/she said. There's a claim of evidence on one side and that it is fake evidence on the other. That can be analyzed and a determination of truth made. A real lawsuit has a way of causing reality to set in for those pushing a lie when faced with big fines/prison.

The only reason not to file a lawsuit is because there's truth mixed in there somewhere. Otherwise he'd be on a righteous crusade against Nelson to get justice - as would anyone.
What evidence? The only claim of any physical evidence would show Moore signed a yearbook for someone. Not one thing more. And then only if the signature hasn't been messed with, which sure looks like a possibility.
What other physical evidence exists?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

« Reply #163 on: November 22, 2017, 01:23:31 am »
What evidence? The only claim of any physical evidence would show Moore signed a yearbook for someone. Not one thing more. And then only if the signature hasn't been messed with, which sure looks like a possibility.

It is a possibility and filing the lawsuit would be the best way to get it into the hands of a third party for preservation and examination.  Still, that’s not the point.  He doesn’t want to be giving depositions right now, or possibly ever.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #164 on: November 22, 2017, 01:37:03 am »

No, proving defamation is a hard sell anyway - Proving it against the press is a piece of work. one has to prove pattern and intent beyond mere reporting (wherein the newscorp just shrugs it's shoulders and says they were merely reporting).

It's a big deal to go up against big daddy media with their many lawyers with an intent to not only survive, but win.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #166 on: November 22, 2017, 01:56:13 am »
God has power, we don't.     Moore deserves a day in court.   The one thing has admitted too is chasing young girls.  Not a crime but not someone I'd support.

At this point you all have declared him guilty of rape.   You have no proof.

:amen: ANd there you have it.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #167 on: November 22, 2017, 02:00:18 am »

Right? Personally I hope Moore sues the pants off of them. Seems those would be the only pants he tried to get off. So much for being a "molester".
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline DB

« Reply #168 on: November 22, 2017, 02:36:52 am »

I'm talking about the yearbook "evidence" and the restaurant "evidence". She claims he signed it at a specific restaurant where she says he attacked her, he says he didn't sign it and that he's never been to that restaurant. First, it can likely be determined if the claimed writing is in fact his. It can be determined if she worked there when she was 14 or 15 years old like she claims. And there are likely other witnesses to whether he "frequented" the place or not and/or if she worked there. Those are hard evidence claims, not she said/he said claims. The truth can be determined.

And there's zip reason not to force that determination ASAP if you know you didn't do any of those things.

Offline DB

« Reply #169 on: November 22, 2017, 02:39:34 am »
No, proving defamation is a hard sell anyway - Proving it against the press is a piece of work. one has to prove pattern and intent beyond mere reporting (wherein the newscorp just shrugs it's shoulders and says they were merely reporting).

It's a big deal to go up against big daddy media with their many lawyers with an intent to not only survive, but win.

Not nearly as hard if you invent stories that can be clearly proven to be a lie. She's made claims about the signing of her yearbook and the location that it took place and that she worked there at the time. Expose one lie and the house cards falls.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:06:34 am by DB »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #170 on: November 22, 2017, 02:42:05 am »
I'm talking about the yearbook "evidence" and the restaurant "evidence". She claims he signed it at a specific restaurant where she says he attacked her, he says he didn't sign it and that he's never been to that restaurant. First, it can likely be determined if the claimed writing is in fact his. It can be determined if she worked there when she was 14 or 15 years old like she claims. And there are likely other witnesses to whether he "frequented" the place or not and/or if she worked there. Those are hard evidence claims, not she said/he said claims. The truth can be determined.

And there's zip reason not to force that determination ASAP if you know you didn't do any of those things.

His statement that one of these ladies was involved in a divorce that he presided  over.   The decision didn't go her way.

I thought that was an interesting twist.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline DB

« Reply #171 on: November 22, 2017, 02:46:04 am »
So there are no legitimate reasons for not having filed yet?

If you know you never signed the yearbook in question and that you've never been to the restaurant in question, which is basically what he's claiming then can you name a legitimate reason not to sue her with extreme prejudice ASAP? If she's lying she should be crushed by the court. This isn't open to interpretation, she's made very specific claims and either they are true or they are not. Claims that can be proven false if they are false.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #172 on: November 22, 2017, 02:46:39 am »
CNN was reporting this tonight.
Don't believe Roy Moore's accusers? Then listen to Moore
http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/11/you_dont_have_to_believe_the_w.html#incart_maj-story-1
So, these articles are coming out from both sides trying to prop up their sides. One can judge for themselves.

Offline DB

« Reply #173 on: November 22, 2017, 02:52:41 am »
His statement that one of these ladies was involved in a divorce that he presided  over.   The decision didn't go her way.

I thought that was an interesting twist.

Yes. But she's made very specific claims with her yearbook as an example of more than "stranger on the street" contact. Like they knew each other and crossed paths frequently at a specific place she worked. Many of those details can be proven one way or the other in court. Did she actually work there when she was 14 or 15? Did Moore ever go to that restaurant? Is that actually Moore's signature? If Moore says its all lies he should go after her hard for making knowingly false serious claims against him. And many of the points can be determined with some accuracy on whether it is true or not.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #174 on: November 22, 2017, 02:59:47 am »
Not nearly as hard if you event stories that can be clearly proven to be a lie. She's made claims about the signing of her yearbook and the location that it took place and that she worked there at the time. Expose one lie and the house cards falls.

That has already occurred, and is linked somewhere hereabouts. More than one (though one named) employees of the diner in question tore huge holes in her story - to include that Moore in fact did not frequent the joint.

But all that will not catch the media, who 'merely' did their duty 'reporting'.