Author Topic: Al Franken: ‘I feel disgusted with myself’ over groping photo  (Read 1119 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I think we need to take Al at his word.  He should run for re-election in 2020 so he can champion women's causes in the future.  He posted a sincere apology by saying: “I respect women. I don’t respect men who don’t. And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed." But I want to say something else, too. Over the last few months, all of us — including and especially men who respect women — have been forced to take a good, hard look at our own actions and think (perhaps, shamefully, for the first time) about how those actions have affected women.
--

neerpress.com | Pioneer Press
PUBLISHED: November 16, 2017 at 12:00 pm | UPDATED: November 16, 2017 at 12:08 pm

U.S. Sen. Al Franken, a Democrat who has positioned himself as a champion of women’s issues, says he feels “disgusted with myself” over a photograph of him grinning at the camera while his hands are over the breasts of a sleeping woman in 2006.

The woman, Leeann Tweeden, a former model and radio host, came forward Thursday with the photo and allegations that Franken kissed her without her consent during rehearsals of a skit for soldiers during a USO tour overseas.

Late Thursday morning, Franken issued a statement that included numerous apologies, and said he’d welcome a Senate Ethics investigation of his own actions.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/16/al-franken-i-feel-disgusted-with-myself-over-groping-photo-says-ethics-committee-should-investigate-him/

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Fantom

Re: Al Franken: ‘I feel disgusted with myself’ over groping photo
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 01:06:21 am »

Didn't go the "Full Weinstein"?   :shrug: Meshuga.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 01:07:31 am »
Is there an actual photo of him groping Joy Behar but everyone knows they are clowning around? This is the world these people lived in, they thought it was a big joke.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 03:30:48 am »
Because I always believe a lying sack of excrement when he's lying! Franken sucked as a comedian, won his seat by fraud, and sucks as a Senator. At what time has he ever actually shown that he respects women?

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 03:37:49 am »
Al Franken: ‘I feel disgusted with myself’ over groping photo

He feels contrite because his social peer group,  in the throws of their latest paroxysm of political correctness, are now demanding it.   

Expressing remorse is the only way he can get back into the good graces of his "tribe".   

Even now,  some of them are pleading for forgiveness of him because he was man enough to admit he had done wrong.   

But he really is a low class @sswipe.  They are just mad at him because he's undercutting the Roy Moore narrative.   They really don't care that he groped women.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 03:48:08 am »
Is there an actual photo of him groping Joy Behar but everyone knows they are clowning around? This is the world these people lived in, they thought it was a big joke.

Jon Lovitz grabs Jamie Lee Curtis at the  Oscars. 

Hollywood thought it was funny.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 03:56:52 am »
Maybe if he had started feeling disgusted with himself earlier on things would have worked out differently.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 04:01:50 am »
No he’s not.  He’d seen her 2002 PB pictorial and knew exactly what he was doing.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 04:03:00 am »
Maybe if he had started feeling disgusted with himself earlier on things would have worked out differently.

The first time I saw that I wanted eye bleach.   Acting like that is disgusting,  and it isn't funny.   Franken never was funny.  I never understood why anyone thought he was. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 04:06:19 am »

Minnesota has the largest population of Somali "refugees" in the country. And they are causing all kinds of havoc there.

With people like Stewart Smiley as their 'leader', why not? When the Obama Liberals in D.C. were thinking, 'Where the hell are we going to dump these people, without causing a fuss?' I am sure Stewart Smiley popped up on their radar. If those people are that stupid, we can do anything to them.

Minnesota deserves what they get, for being unforgivably STUPID. (I got a bunch of Hamas terrorists that I need to stash somewhere. Can you help me out Minnesota? Yeah, I knew you could.)
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 04:08:45 am »
I think we need to take Al at his word.  He should run for re-election in 2020 so he can champion women's causes in the future.  He posted a sincere apology by saying: “I respect women. I don’t respect men who don’t. And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed." But I want to say something else, too. Over the last few months, all of us — including and especially men who respect women — have been forced to take a good, hard look at our own actions and think (perhaps, shamefully, for the first time) about how those actions have affected women.

It was a very sincere apology. It reminds me of the time I backed over the neighbors Schnauzer in my driveway 20 years ago and then threw it over the fence into their yard with a post it note stuck on it's head saying "Sorry" with a frowny face in black sharpie.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 04:16:51 am »
It was a very sincere apology. It reminds me of the time I backed over the neighbors Schnauzer in my driveway 20 years ago and then threw it over the fence into their yard with a post it note stuck on it's head saying "Sorry" with a frowny face in black sharpie.

I don't care what anyone says, you are a very sweet and caring man.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 04:28:45 am »
 :laugh:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 04:33:55 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

:silly: :silly: :silly:

God bless the internet.....
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 04:37:53 am »
I don't care what anyone says, you are a very sweet and caring man.

I know. That's is what my attorney argued, successfully I might add, when those selfish bastards sued me. I counter sued for the damages to my white wall radial and won.....$87.50!

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2017, 04:46:54 am »
Ok figure me this...

The turtle brings a vote to expel Frankin from the Senate due to the allegation. The Dim governor of Minnesota appoints a new Dim Senator. If Moore wins the Senate refuses to seat him based on the recent precedent of expelling Frankin... :shrug:

Online corbe

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2017, 05:09:16 am »
   I felt the overpowering need to put this somewhere and I didn't have the cajones to put it in a @Right_in_Virginia Thread.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2017, 05:14:25 am »

Oceander

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2017, 05:20:22 am »

Online corbe

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2017, 05:21:56 am »
@corbe  It's WineNot's thread

I knew that @Right_in_Virginia, I wanted to post it in your Thread  but I know how upset you get at my mindless abusiveness sometimes so I dumped it in the newbies thread instead.

Good Thread by the way @WineNot 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2017, 05:27:31 am »
   I felt the overpowering need to put this somewhere and I didn't have the cajones to put it in a @Right_in_Virginia Thread.

Meds wearing off again? It's 4 pills in the morning and 6 at night. If you do it the other way around, they won't be able to "level" you.

Online corbe

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2017, 05:47:03 am »
    Yes, Frank I am 'leveling off' at about this time every night. I can't keep up with you youngun's, you and @RoosGirl just make fun of me and make me question the sanity level of the whole damn place, it causes depression and makes me drink more, it's a vicious circle.  Where the hell is @Emjay?

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2017, 05:50:31 am »
:laugh:

Photoshop is a wonderful yet disturbing thing. 
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2017, 05:59:51 am »
But not disgusted enough to resign.