Author Topic: Analysis | We asked a handwriting expert to evaluate claims that Roy Moore’s writing was forged - Washington Post  (Read 531 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Analysis | We asked a handwriting expert to evaluate claims that Roy Moore’s writing was forged
https://www.facebook.com/philip.bump

Sean Hannity is a case study in why Roy Moore won’t drop out of the Alabama Senate race. During his Fox News show on Tuesday, he gave Moore a 24-hour ultimatum: Provide a good explanation for the multiple allegations of sexual misconduct against you, or I can’t support you.

Within that window, Moore replied by way of an open letter to Hannity that he published online.

“I am suffering the same treatment other Republicans have had to endure,” it began. He denied the accusations of two accusers, Leigh Corfman (who says she was 14 when Moore tried to touch her) and Beverly Nelson (who says she was 16 when Moore assaulted her behind the restaurant where she worked). Moore  didn’t offer any response to the claims made by several other women that he had pursued them romantically while they were still in high school.

Continued at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/11/16/we-asked-a-handwriting-expert-to-evaluate-claims-that-roy-moores-writing-was-forged/?utm_term=.3920ea2255aa

They need to get a few expert opinions and nothing was said about the changing ink color. This looks like poor analysis in my view.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 08:48:46 pm by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

Oh. WaPo who has everything riding on this story is looking into the details. I'll pass.

Online roamer_1

Oh. WaPo who has everything riding on this story is looking into the details. I'll pass.

Good call. Though it was a good example of 'Baffle Them With Bullshit'.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Good call. Though it was a good example of 'Baffle Them With Bullshit'.

Yeah, all WaPo had to do was foster enough doubt.  It pretty much keeps everybody where they were, whether they believe Moore or not.  I notice they did some doctoring of the yearbook photo to hide the differences in ink color.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Remember when CBS hired a typewriter repairman to insist the Texas Air National Guard documents were totes legit?

That's what the WaPo is doing here.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

Yeah, all WaPo had to do was foster enough doubt.  It pretty much keeps everybody where they were, whether they believe Moore or not.  I notice they did some doctoring of the yearbook photo to hide the differences in ink color.

Yeah... and a whole page to get to the punchline: 'Maybe, but maybe not, though perhaps...'  *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 09:21:22 pm by roamer_1 »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Remember when CBS hired a typewriter repairman to insist the Texas Air National Guard documents were totes legit?

That's what the WaPo is doing here.

I think by then the damage had been done to their story by somebody who just transcribed it to a Word document using New York font.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: