Author Topic: Claire McCaskill: I was sexually harassed as an intern in Congress  (Read 2664 times)

Offline Fantom

Re: Claire McCaskill: I was sexually harassed as an intern in Congress
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2017, 01:36:01 am »
I never have been.  8888crybaby

Nice "as" you have there.

Then again it is said..... "You can't rape the willing".  :whistle:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2017, 01:48:15 am »
I'm perfectly serious.

If you actually think that no one lived moral lives in the 70's you are deluding yourself.

Edited to add:  We weren't all gullible teeny-boppers in the 60's who succumbed to the onslaught of the amoral left.   And that includes the menfolk as well. Sorry you never met any real men......

What morality is this you speak of? musiclady

http://biblehub.com/songs/

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Adultery is the only top ten sin.  Man and womens ways... much less.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 01:49:41 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2017, 01:54:50 am »
I'm perfectly serious.

If you actually think that no one lived moral lives in the 70's you are deluding yourself.

Edited to add:  We weren't all gullible teeny-boppers in the 60's who succumbed to the onslaught of the amoral left.   And that includes the menfolk as well. Sorry you never met any real men......

You know.  I could take this conversation to a much more personal and possibly embarrassing level about your '70's behavior.

But I am too much of a "moral" gentleman  to do that.  And don't forget, many have selective memories, especially what may taken place 40 years ago.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2017, 01:56:45 am »
You know.  I could take this conversation to a much more personal and possibly embarrassing level about your '70's behavior.

But I am too much of a "moral" gentleman  to do that.  And don't forget, many have selective memories, especially what may taken place 40 years ago.

Me too! And to think..I was only 15...should I be brave and tell?

There is two....hmnnnn, starting to look like truth.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 01:57:34 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2017, 02:00:33 am »
Me too! And to think..I was only 15...should I be brave and tell?

There is two....hmnnnn, starting to look like truth.

19 years old +hormones + booze + co-ed party =  :dancer:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2017, 02:04:34 am »

Actually, many men lived what they believed, and it's unfortunate that you didn't know any.

I'm not sure why you think Biblical morality is "embarrassing," but I'm too much of a lady to keep this game up with you.

If it makes you feel better to think that no one behaved better than you did, more power to you.

Delusions have their place, I suppose........  *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2017, 02:13:35 am »
Nice "as" you have there.

Then again it is said..... "You can't rape the willing".  :whistle:

Most people just tell me I'm an ass, not that I have a nice one.

Thanks!

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2017, 02:16:16 am »
Actually, many men lived what they believed, and it's unfortunate that you didn't know any.

Yeah I did know them.  They were at the Baptist Student Center, while we were having fun.  (Each to their own  (( remember that theme))

I'm not sure why you think Biblical morality is "embarrassing," but I'm too much of a lady to keep this game up with you.

Where the hell did I say that?  Now you are just putting bs out there......  I made my choices, others made theirs. and....no judgement was made.

If it makes you feel better to think that no one behaved better than you did, more power to you.

Now you've gone of the rails of the nonsensical.  The whole intent of the comments were to contrast that the  level of  interaction between the sexes was much different in my era than today.  Thinking otherwise, like in your case is hyper delusional.

Delusions have their place, I suppose........ 

See my last comment
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:16:51 am by catfish1957 »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2017, 02:24:18 am »

I see I misunderstood your "embarrassing" comment. Mea culpa.

But there is absolutely NOTHING  delusional about anything I've said about moral men who lived by Biblical standards as society was caving in about them.

They were mocked then by boys, and I see they're still being mocked by boys who think the only way to have "fun" is to break God's laws.

I've seen over and over again, not just recently, but over the decades, a sorry attempt to make bad behavior acceptable by claiming "everyone did it," or worse yet, as you have done, claiming that moral men didn't have fun while you were.

I want it on the record, while the boys play, that it takes a lot of masculine maturity to do the right thing.

And your protestations notwithstanding, many men DID the right thing, and ended up having MUCH more fun.

Feel free to continue your ridicule.   The truth of the matter is out there.    :seeya:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Fantom

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 02:39:03 am »

Thanks!

Let us not get ahead of ourselves....it was only a preposition.  88devil

Frederick Douglass

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2017, 02:44:06 am »
Let us not get ahead of ourselves....it was only a preposition.  88devil

Bullshit!  I fixed your typo for you!

Offline Fantom

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2017, 02:48:59 am »
Bullshit!  I fixed your typo for you!

LOL... 888high58888  You're alright. And I am sure you are a fine ass as well.   :beer:

Frederick Douglass

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2017, 02:59:58 am »

LOL... 888high58888  You're alright. And I am sure you are a fine ass as well.   :beer:

Depends on your definition of "fine", but I'll just go ahead and say Yep! :tongue2:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2017, 04:03:09 am »
I'm perfectly serious.

Ain't it funny how the supporters of 'Free Love, Free Sex, and Let It All Hang Out' in the late 60s have become the ones complaining about being Sexually Harassed today?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2017, 03:34:42 pm »
She was incensed that nobody noticed her.

So she has to make up a story 40 years later to be with the IN crowd Du Jour.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2017, 07:12:51 pm »
Ain't it funny how the supporters of 'Free Love, Free Sex, and Let It All Hang Out' in the late 60s have become the ones complaining about being Sexually Harassed today?

Truly. But remember as well that these 'liberated' women were praising Bill Clinton for his groping ways.

Hypocrisy, thy name is liberal.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2017, 07:19:27 pm »
LOL. Who would ever grab this pigs ass? Was she working at a school for the blind?

Claire Standish: What's your name?

John Bender: What's yours?

Claire Standish: Claire.

John Bender: Claire?

Claire Standish: Claire. It's a family name.

John Bender: Oh, it's a fat girl's name.

Claire Standish: Oh, thank you.

John Bender: You're welcome.

Claire Standish: I'm not fat.

John Bender: Well not at present, but I can see you really pushing maximum density.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2017, 07:32:25 pm »

Thanks!

That reminds me of a joke:

Wife: I went to the doctor today and he said I have the breast of a 21 years old.

Husband: Did he mention your 55 year old ass?

Wife: No, your name never came up in the conversation.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 07:33:27 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2017, 08:20:52 pm »
Claire Standish: What's your name?

John Bender: What's yours?

Claire Standish: Claire.

John Bender: Claire?

Claire Standish: Claire. It's a family name.

John Bender: Oh, it's a fat girl's name.

Claire Standish: Oh, thank you.

John Bender: You're welcome.

Claire Standish: I'm not fat.

John Bender: Well not at present, but I can see you really pushing maximum density.

Breakfast Club.  Great movie!