Author Topic: Claire McCaskill: I was sexually harassed as an intern in Congress  (Read 2663 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Claire McCaskill: I was sexually harassed as an intern in Congress
by Laura Barrón-López | Nov 14, 2017, 2:02 PM

Sen. Claire McCaskill on Tuesday said she was sexually harassed when she interned in Congress more than 40 years ago.

The Missouri Democrat made the disclosure to reporters when asked if she thinks the environment is changing on Capitol Hill, given increased calls by lawmakers for mandated training to prevent sexual harassment.

"Well I don't know, I will tell you I interned here in college and I was definitely sexually harassed as an intern in Congress back in the summer of 1974," McCaskill said, standing just off the Senate floor. "I was definitely sexually harassed."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/claire-mccaskill-i-was-sexually-harassed-as-an-intern-in-congress/article/2640655
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Claire McCaskill: I was sexually harassed as an intern in Congress
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 08:18:24 pm »
LOL. Who would ever grab this pigs ass? Was she working at a school for the blind?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 08:18:46 pm »
Is there ANYONE who hasn't been sexually harassed?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 08:29:01 pm »
She should have used her ‘mom voice’ to say no, like when she berated her constituents at a town hall over Obamacare.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 08:40:18 pm »

With the bar this low on what sexual harassment is......no.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 09:08:07 pm »
Those who may be sensitive or politically correct may want to cover their ears for the following. When women were primarily homemakers and moms these incidents of sexual harassment were rare. Of course it probably goes without saying, given no women in the work place. Okay, never mind.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 09:39:30 pm »
LOL. Who would ever grab this pigs ass? Was she working at a school for the blind?

888high58888 888high58888 

My first thought also!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 11:33:53 pm »
She was a sorority member of Kappa Alpha Theta, the same sorority that Ann-Margret was in.

Now that gal would have a lot better story to tell and it would be believable.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 12:02:23 am »
Those who may be sensitive or politically correct may want to cover their ears for the following. When women were primarily homemakers and moms these incidents of sexual harassment were rare. Of course it probably goes without saying, given no women in the work place. Okay, never mind.

Actually, they weren’t. 

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 12:08:58 am »
This butt assed ugly bitch has about as much chance of being sexually harassed as Helen Thomas.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 12:15:19 am »
I don't know fellas, She was pretty HOT in 1974.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 12:17:45 am »
I don't know fellas, She was pretty HOT in 1974.

Got a shot lower with the parrot?   ARRRRRRRRRR. !!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 12:24:36 am »
She was a sorority member of Kappa Alpha Theta, the same sorority that Ann-Margret was in.

Now that gal would have a lot better story to tell and it would be believable.

Two seconds after that photo Ann passed out from corset induced hypoxia. Whew! Lucky she came to.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 12:26:00 am by aligncare »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 12:26:26 am »
With the bar this low on what sexual harassment is......no.

Now Every reader here of every persuasion can consider themselves Officially 'Sexually Harassed'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ip9DDuAbXM

In the World of Next Tuesday when we will all be More Equal than each other, its best to make Everyone at least Equally Equal with a Sexual Harassment Gripe.

FORWARD, THE REVOLUTION!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 12:34:51 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 12:30:41 am »
Now Every reader here of every persuasion can consider themselves Officially 'Sexually Harassed'.

Like I said on another thread, based on today's guidelines, everyone I know including myself who was in college the mid to late '70's would be guilty of sexual harrassment.

From offering free mammograms to guessing weights...hmmmmmmmmm

Offline Fantom

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2017, 12:32:14 am »

Considerin' what constitutes "sexual harassment" these days...would be pretty sad if anyone has not been sexually harassed.

I remember one time this girl came up and grabbed my ass, asked if I wanted to..well you know. Wish I could remember more times like that....  :th_10444:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2017, 12:32:26 am »
Like I said on another thread, based on today's guidelines, everyone I know including myself who was in college the mid to late '70's would be guilty of sexual harrassment.

From offering free mammograms to guessing weights...hmmmmmmmmm

Word

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2017, 12:43:13 am »

I remember  the culture of the '70's.  Best way to win a girl over then was to make her blush and laugh first.

The ones who didn't "sexually harass" first, never found girl friends.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2017, 12:56:11 am »
I remember  the culture of the '70's.  Best way to win a girl over then was to make her blush and laugh first.

Let’s not overlook the part the girls played in this dance. To my delight I remember being pursued by women and their wiley ways. They wanted to wet their beaks too and many weren’t too shy about it either. It’s was normal biology. Who was I to fight eons of evolutionary imperative?

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2017, 01:05:59 am »
Let’s not overlook the part the girls played in this dance. To my delight I remember being pursued by women and their wiley ways. They wanted to wet their beaks too and many weren’t too shy about it either. It’s was normal biology. Who was I to fight eons of evolutionary imperative?

And of course we knew guys like this too who took it a little too far.  :silly:.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wknywxfcE5M

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2017, 01:13:14 am »

I never have been.  8888crybaby

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2017, 01:15:23 am »
Actually, they weren’t.

You are, of course, correct.

Just because assaults went unreported, or weren't taken seriously doesn't mean they occurred less frequently.

And just because a woman is unattractive, it doesn't mean she wasn't harrassed.

Though I'm disinclined to believe Ms McCaskill, the problem of harrassment still exists, and if conservatives don't take it seriously, we will continue to lose the moral ground we ceded when we decided it was just peachy keen to nominate a reprobate to run for President, and to mock any conservative who dared to say it was wrong to do so.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2017, 01:18:10 am »

You hung around the wrong people in the 70's then.

I dated,  got engaged, and married in the seventies, and no one I was around, male or female, behaved in the way you describe.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2017, 01:21:50 am »
You hung around the wrong people in the 70's then.

I dated,  got engaged, and married in the seventies, and no one I was around, male or female, behaved in the way you describe.

Anything you say (snicker)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2017, 01:35:35 am »
Anything you say (snicker)

I'm perfectly serious.

If you actually think that no one lived moral lives in the 70's you are deluding yourself.

Edited to add:  We weren't all gullible teeny-boppers in the 60's who succumbed to the onslaught of the amoral left.   And that includes the menfolk as well. Sorry you never met any real men......
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 01:38:58 am by musiclady »