Author Topic: REPORT: Trump White House Weighing Replacing Judge Roy Moore With Jeff Sessions  (Read 1424 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
REPORT: Trump White House Weighing Replacing Judge Roy Moore With Jeff Sessions
by Joshua Caplan

Trump White House officials are considering replacing Jeff Sessions with Judge Roy Moore, installing the Attorney General back to his former Senate seat.

New York Times reports:

One idea now being discussed under this scenario, brought up by two different White House officials who spoke on condition of anonymity, would be for Gov. Kay Ivey of Alabama to immediately appoint Attorney General Jeff Sessions to what had been his seat when it becomes vacant again. Mr. Sessions remains highly popular among Alabama Republicans, but his relationship with President Trump has waned since he recused himself from the investigation of the role that Russia played in last year’s campaign.

As The Hill notes, “It is unclear how, if Moore is elected, the seat would become vacant.”

more
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11/report-trump-white-house-weighing-replacing-judge-roy-moore-jeff-sessions/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

False flag.

Sessions has already shot this down.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
False flag.

Yep..Fox just reported.....unless Trump persuades him
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
False flag.

??? It's not up to Sessions.  Trump could very easily fire Sessions and appoint Moore and then of course it would have to make it through the voting process.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Nate Silver‏Verified account @NateSilver538

Not-totally-crazy scenario:
-- Moore drops out but isn't removed from ballot;
-- Strange runs as write-in;
-- Jones wins because Moore still gets 5-10% of the vote.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
??? It's not up to Sessions.  Trump could very easily fire Sessions and appoint Moore and then of course it would have to make it through the voting process.

but they don't want Moore..I don't think even Trump wants him..
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Yep..Fox just reported.....unless Trump persuades him

Sessions isn't going back to the Senate, under any circumstances.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
President Donald Trump is reportedly thinking about bringing former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani on as his Attorney General, White House sources told Axios on Monday.

Axios’ Mike Allen wrote that Trump “has recently pondered the idea of nominating Giuliani” for the job currently held by Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

The news came soon after Trump’s latest broadside at the “beleaguered” head of his Justice Department.

“So why aren’t the Committees and investigators, and of course our beleaguered A.G., looking into Crooked Hillary’s crimes & Russia relations?” Trump tweeted on Monday morning.

Trump’s views on his attorney general have soured in the months since Sessions decided it was best to recuse himself from any investigations involving the Trump campaign, which he was closely associated with. That includes all of the Russia-related investigations, which special counsel Robert Mueller is overseeing.

In an interview last week with The New York Times, Trump said he wouldn’t have hired Sessions if he knew he’d recuse himself from the Russia investigation.

“So Jeff Sessions takes the job, gets into the job, recuses himself,” Trump said. “I then have — which, frankly, I think is very unfair to the president. How do you take a job and then recuse yourself? If he would have recused himself from the job, I would have said, ‘Thanks, Jeff, but I can’t, you know, I’m not going to take you.’

Read more at:
https://100percentfedup.com/trump-reportedly-thinking-replacing-jeff-sessions-candidate-wont-cower-pressure-swamp/
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:12:02 pm by mystery-ak »
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Nate Silver‏Verified account @NateSilver538

Not-totally-crazy scenario:
-- Moore drops out but isn't removed from ballot;
-- Strange runs as write-in;
-- Jones wins because Moore still gets 5-10% of the vote.

Yes, that's quite plausible - which is why it is important to move the date of the special election so there can be a proper Republican on the ballot.   
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:14:20 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Yes, that's quite plausible - which is why it is important to move the date of the special election so there can be a proper Republican on the ballot.

...a proper Republican ... I have no words right now!   :chairbang:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Sessions is not in a position to shoot this down.

Trump is seriously disappointed with him and he has reason to be.

He's not being quiet about it either.

President Donald Trump is reportedly thinking about bringing former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani on as his Attorney General, White House sources told Axios on Monday.

“So why aren’t the Committees and investigators, and of course our beleaguered A.G., looking into Crooked Hillary’s crimes & Russia relations?” Trump tweeted on Monday morning.

Trump’s views on his attorney general have soured in the months since Sessions decided it was best to recuse himself from any investigations involving the Trump campaign, which he was closely associated with. That includes all of the Russia-related investigations, which special counsel Robert Mueller is overseeing.

Exactly.  End of story.  I hope Trump fires him ... and then Rosenstein!   I definitely don't think Giuliani is the right person and I hope he takes a little more time in thinking about a replacement; though lots of people like Rudy - especially New Yorkers!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:26:34 pm by libertybele »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Please ... get some words.  We need some sane words around here.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Exactly.  End of story.  I hope Trump fires him ... and then Rosenstein!

Sessions has done everything to get fired except beg.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

What I meant was merely that the Republican on the ballot shouldn't be someone who's dropped from the race.   But if you insist,  yeah, sure,  I don't consider small-minded, hypocritical bigots to be proper Republicans.

To each his or her own, o' course.   :seeya: 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
What I meant was merely that the Republican on the ballot shouldn't be someone who's dropped from the race.   But if you insist,  yeah, sure,  I don't consider small-minded, hypocritical bigots to be proper Republicans.

You are letting your personal prejudices get control.  But then, who doesn't.  You probably can't find three people on this forum who agree with you about homosexuals and you've alienated one of them.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

but they don't want Moore..I don't think even Trump wants him..

Trump's position on this is perfectly clear, and he'll let us know what it is once we all find out if Moore is elected or not.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Odd claim considering the White House has absolutely zero authority to do this. They can ask until the cows come home, but they can't make it happen.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

The more liberal one becomes the more stupid they speak ... to each his or her own, o'course.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You are letting your personal prejudices get control.  But then, who doesn't.  You probably can't find three people on this forum who agree with you about homosexuals and you've alienated one of them.

I can guarantee you there are more than three people on this forum who consider Moore a small-minded hypocritical bigot.   

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The president does not get to install U.S. Senators people!  Never has and never will!

GEEZ! You people will fall for anything!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

With the exception of illegals and MS13, other that that Sessions has been exactly the same as Holder and Lynch. Everything is exactly like it was two years ago in terms of the DOJ. We still don't even have the Fast and Furious documents which Obama protected under executive privilege. Nothing. Nothing at all. Not one single thing is different between Sessions and Holder except on the issue of immigration. That's all he's got. Without that, Sessions would be a clone of Holder.

Sessions is a good man, he's just in the wrong job.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This could be brilliant.  Sessions would probably win and that would get him out as AG without having to fire him.  And, there would still be a halfway decent R in that seat.  And, Moore would have time to sort out his purported issues and run again if he clears his name.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Odd claim considering the White House has absolutely zero authority to do this. They can ask until the cows come home, but they can't make it happen.
Trump can fire Sessions, at which point he would have no reason not to turn down an offer to go back to the Senate.

The unproven ground is whether or not Sessions could rescind his resignation from his Senate seat before the election, on the basis that he was elected for a six-year term, the reason for his resignation is no longer applicable, and the seat has not yet been permanently filled.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"REPORT: Trump White House Weighing Replacing Judge Roy Moore With Jeff Sessions"

The White House has no authority nor power to "replace" Judge Moore.

He won a legitimate primary election in his state, and I'm not sure even the Republican party of Alabama has the authority to remove him from the ballot at this point.

What if Mr. Moore declines to be "replaced?"

This sounds like fake news o' the first order to me...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:50:32 am by Fishrrman »

Offline corbe

Couldn't he recuse himself from US Senate consideration?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.