Author Topic: NYT: Trump Is Rapidly Reshaping the Judiciary  (Read 683 times)

Offline endicom

NYT: Trump Is Rapidly Reshaping the Judiciary
« on: November 12, 2017, 09:40:13 pm »
Townhall
Timothy Meads
Nov. 12, 2017

President Donald J. Trump has done more to reshape the federal judiciary with a conservative outlook towards the constitution than any president since Richard Nixon. This has been no accident. On Sunday, the New York Timesreported in detail the systematic plan Trump and his team took to ensure a changed judiciary with strict constitutionalist bonafides.

Charlie Savage’s piece this Sunday is well worth the read. The plan was pretty straightforward and was all started by  White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II:

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2017/11/12/nyt-trump-is-rapidly-reshaping-the-judiciary-n2408326

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: NYT: Trump Is Rapidly Reshaping the Judiciary
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 09:59:20 pm »
Excellent news!  And would be even more so without all the obstruction going on in the senate behind the scenes!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 10:01:58 pm »
And as a man of action not words, this is why I try to keep a level head and give him a pass when he gets maddening with his tweets. It looks like he's putting very good people in place in our Fed court system with more to come.
The Republic is lost.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 10:08:28 pm »
And as a man of action not words, this is why I try to keep a level head and give him a pass when he gets maddening with his tweets. It looks like he's putting very good people in place in our Fed court system with more to come.

That alone should make for a favorable legacy when things are reconsidered down the road. When the passions have cooled.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 10:12:16 pm »

That alone should make for a favorable legacy when things are reconsidered down the road. When the passions have cooled.

I couldn't agree more although that is far from all he is doing!  He is also outing lots and lots of formerly supposed "conservatives" in Washington and that is a BIG thing as well IMHO!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 10:19:50 pm »
I couldn't agree more although that is far from all he is doing!  He is also outing lots and lots of formerly supposed "conservatives" in Washington and that is a BIG thing as well IMHO!

It's as though masks were dropped everywhere. Leftist lunacy is on display in neon fireworks.

But I gotta tell ya that bogus conservatism has long been fairly obvious.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 10:21:25 pm »

It's as though masks were dropped everywhere. Leftist lunacy is on display in neon fireworks.

But I gotta tell ya that bogus conservatism has long been fairly obvious.

In many cases yes!  But not all!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 10:56:22 pm »

:thumbsup:

Forgive my exuberance, but President Trump continues to do exactly what I expected he would and hasn’t alarmed me in any way; not his tweets (part of his effectiveness in office), not his calls to Gold Star families, not his judicial appointments, not his posturing around security and defense issues before the UN or before congress over policy. Overall I give him an B+ for year one in office.

To have earned an A he needed to have tackled taxes before getting to healthcare, which congress screwed up. I also blame congress for the proposed marginally better legislation for reforming taxes.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 11:09:45 pm »
Another win.

What good does it do you, me or anyone else when a Judge takes the position in dismissing your case or upholding your opponents case against you that the law doesn't actually mean what the Statues in question plainly State? Because of existing case law from previous activist rulings and 'over riding concerns' that upholding the law would be an overall negative for society?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 01:30:08 am »
Excellent news!  And would be even more so without all the obstruction going on in the senate behind the scenes!

Although this isn't getting the publicity it deserves, this is extremely important to our country.

Over-reaching liberal judges have done great harm.  Judges were never meant to have the power to make laws.

Judges have already shot down President Trump's justified attempts to curtail immigration from countries that are dangerous to us.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 01:32:22 am »

Totally agree.  Some people in our midst continue to focus on the tweets and the fact that Trump 'embarrasses them."  They need to grow up.

Trump has been a good President against all odds.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.