Author Topic: John McCain: Trump 'taking the word of a KGB colonel' over US intelligence  (Read 538 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John McCain: Trump 'taking the word of a KGB colonel' over US intelligence
by Daniel Chaitin | Nov 11, 2017, 6:23 PM

Sen. John McCain issued a sharp rebuke of President Trump after it was reported Saturday that he believed Vladimir Putin's sincerity when he asserted that he was not complicit in interfering in the 2016 election.

“President Trump today stated that he believed Vladimir Putin is being sincere when he denies Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election," McCain, R-Ariz., who is also chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said in a statement.

Trump and Putin spoke briefly a few times at a conference in Vietnam, he told reporters afterwards. He said he, one again, pressed Putin on the issue of Russian meddling, which he said Putin denied. Trump indicated that Putin was sincere in his assertion. "I think that he is very, very strong in the fact that he didn’t do it," Trump said, according to a press pool report.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/john-mccain-trump-taking-the-word-of-a-kgb-colonel-over-us-intelligence/article/2640423
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: John McCain: Trump 'taking the word of a KGB colonel' over US intelligence
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 11:42:01 pm »
Right John, since Comey,  Clapper, Brennan were so honest.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 02:24:09 am »
Says the guy who handed over the dossier of fake allegations cooked up by Russian FSB agents but claimed to not know what it was.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 04:14:56 am »
Personally I would take the word of a Moscow street walker over that of John McCain.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 02:09:03 pm »
Says the guy who handed over the dossier of fake allegations cooked up by Russian FSB agents but claimed to not know what it was.

:thumbsup3:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 02:09:56 pm »
Personally I would take the word of a Moscow street walker over that of John McCain.

Tough to argue with @Bigun  88devil

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 02:19:58 pm »
I prefer presidents who haven't been captured by Putin.

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 02:35:21 pm »
I don't think Trump believes Putin or that Putin thinks Trump believes him. They both need a public face of cooperation.

Neither can do much about propagandizing by the other. Each needs cooperation from the other in matters such as terrorist threats. AFAIK, we do warn each other of potential terrorist acts.

Neither wants to lock horns in Syria so we must agree to downplay incidents that arise. That must be a delicate and much dishonest game to play.

It's an open question on whether we can cooperate in taming the Nork beast. Russia seems to be lining up on the Nork side but may just be looking for some concession on some matter from us.

IOW, this isn't some little game of believing Putin.