Author Topic: Republicans float pushing back Alabama special election  (Read 2253 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans float pushing back Alabama special election
« on: November 11, 2017, 12:27:39 am »
Republicans float pushing back Alabama special election
By Lisa Hagen and Ben Kamisar - 11/10/17 06:03 PM EST

Republicans are exploring ways to get embattled Alabama GOP Senate nominee Roy Moore’s name off the ballot, including floating the possibility of changing the date of next month’s special election in the wake of years-old allegations of sexual misconduct against Moore.

Some party members are reportedly considering getting Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey (R) to move the date of the Dec. 12 special election to early next year, according to The New York Times. Based on Alabama law, it’s too late to remove Moore’s name from the ballot this close to Election Day.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/359872-republicans-float-ways-to-push-back-ala-special-election-date
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Republicans float pushing back Alabama special election
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 12:36:18 am »
It's worth it to try.   Otherwise, it's the Dems' seat.   Still, it's our primary voters who chose this oddball.   Let him prostrate himself before his God, claiming he can feel up teenagers as a thirty-something prosecutor and then repent so all is forgiven.

If God can forgive him, why not the voters of Alabam?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 01:00:41 am »
It's worth it to try.   Otherwise, it's the Dems' seat.   Still, it's our primary voters who chose this oddball.   Let him prostrate himself before his God, claiming he can feel up teenagers as a thirty-something prosecutor and then repent so all is forgiven.

What's your problem?  You want this to be a Dem seat.  We're not stupid.  I've seen your other posts on this topic, I suppose I should be happy to see you have a new hobby horse, fresh off trying to sucker people into insuring their guns.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 01:12:02 am »
Keeping Moore on the ballot delivers the seat to the Dems.   I state plainly what I believe - the man should never have been the nominee.     Lay off the ankles,  CL. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 01:15:01 am »
Keeping Moore on the ballot delivers the seat to the Dems.   I state plainly what I believe - the man should never have been the nominee.     Lay off the ankles,  CL.

Forcing Moore off the ballot leaves the Dem unopposed, which would tickle your Dem heart.  Ankles.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 01:20:50 am »
Forcing Moore off the ballot leaves the Dem unopposed, which would tickle your Dem heart.  Ankles.

The subject of the thread is pushing back the date of the election.  Nimrod. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 01:24:04 am »
It's strange, Elmer Gantry, Jimmy Swaggart,  it's often these types that go down.

We'll see, we still don't know the full story.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 01:30:14 am »
It's a shame, it's over the top, wearing that cowboy hat and leather vest like he does.  I don't think this is going in a good direction. Sad, I never liked him more than Mo Brooks but I thought it could work out still.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 01:35:11 am »
I sense that if the national RINO Republican party tries to put the kibosh on the Alabama election, that Alabamans are going to give the Pubbies a hefty dose of what they be deservin'.

Seems to me the Pubbies have no right, business, or prerogative in tampering with a STATE election that is almost certainly governed by STATE laws.

That is the business of Alabamans.
It is NOT the business of the Republicans, nor of the United States Senate.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 01:38:01 am »
It's strange, Elmer Gantry, Jimmy Swaggart,  it's often these types that go down.

You're right, we don't.  And, yeah, that's unfair to Roy Moore.   But the story is unusually well-corroborated,  by sources speaking on the record, and put out there by a respected media organ (not, not by conservatives, but the WaPo does have a reputation.)    The point is that action needs to taken now; there's no time to lose or the seat is toast.   Get Moore out, and get the date of the election pushed back.  Have Trump back the move (it'll probably have to be Luther Strange).    Then politic the hell out of this hit job, and get out the damn vote.     

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 01:40:04 am »
The subject of the thread is pushing back the date of the election.  Nimrod.

You're the arsewipe who is attempting to turn the thread into a God-bashing extravaganza.

We know what you are doing.  You fool no one.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline TomSea

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 01:51:01 am »
Edit your post @INVAR: you are way over the line. I don't like JH's attitude sometimes, I don't engage with him to such a deep extent though.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 01:52:24 am »
I mentioned Swaggart and Elmer Gantry because doggoned, if this smacks of it. One can say these people are crooked, maybe that is so but Moore's interview on Hannity's radio show was a disaster.

"I'm not accustomed to doing this" or however it was said.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2017, 02:06:51 am »
Edit your post @INVAR: you are way over the line. I don't like JH's attitude sometimes, I don't engage with him to such a deep extent though.

Let our resident Leftist edit his 'Nimrod' statement to Cyber Liberty and I might consider it.

Until then, pound sand.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2017, 02:12:48 am »
Let our resident Leftist edit his 'Nimrod' statement to Cyber Liberty and I might consider it.

Until then, pound sand.

Hey, "Nimrod" just goes at the bottom of the ever-lengthening list of personal attacks from Mr. Head I have received.  It's gotten to be a matter of pride, really.
I will NOT comply.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2017, 06:57:34 am »

The story against Moore has already fallen apart. It was nothing but a setup.

Now watch the boomerang from the Yank trying to fool the rednecks.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2017, 09:19:42 am »

That's just it.  We don 't know the full story.  I wish people would not make judgments until and unless the claims can be proven. 

And I wish Republicans would stop falling all over themselves trying to distance themselves from him.  He's supposed to be their nominee.  So how about they shut their yaps until this plays out. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2017, 09:31:10 am »
That's just it.  We don 't know the full story.  I wish people would not make judgments until and unless the claims can be proven. 

And I wish Republicans would stop falling all over themselves trying to distance themselves from him.  He's supposed to be their nominee.  So how about they shut their yaps until this plays out.
If this is a setup, there is the question of who set it up. As you can see here there are plenty ready and willing to summarily throw him to the lions of media and the GOPe.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 09:50:41 am »
If Democrats were to do something like this (and I believe they similarly floating a plan to have John Kerry's seat in be appointed as there was a Republican governor in Massachusetts), you guys would scream bloody murder. It looks bad, folks.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 12:26:45 pm »
You're right, we don't.  And, yeah, that's unfair to Roy Moore.   But the story is unusually well-corroborated,  by sources speaking on the record, and put out there by a respected media organ (not, not by conservatives, but the WaPo does have a reputation.)    The point is that action needs to taken now; there's no time to lose or the seat is toast.   Get Moore out, and get the date of the election pushed back.  Have Trump back the move (it'll probably have to be Luther Strange).    Then politic the hell out of this hit job, and get out the damn vote.   

Unusually well-corroborated?  Actually the story has been debunked...and I chose those words because there have been reports that the Clinton campaign have their hands in the cookie jar. 

We all know that you support RINO's and DEMS.  To accuse a man to destroy him because you don't like his political platform or the threats he may bring to the GOPe country club is despicable.  That's exactly what McConnell via that Republican Senator Committee does to raise money to ensure that no conservatives enter.

BTW calling other members name is quite childish and unacceptable...you of all people should know better.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2017, 12:31:06 pm »

Agreed.  We don't know the full story.  Right now 'Hollywood' is unveiling all the filth and sexual misconduct associated with it and this makes for an even juicier story against Moore (whether true or not).  The GOP hasn't backed a conservative in several election cycles and in fact has done everything to ensure that they don't get elected; Cruz is a prime example.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2017, 12:36:44 pm »

So he is guilty as charged huh? I just love how self righteous liberals are.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2017, 12:43:18 pm »
Agreed.  We don't know the full story. 

I don't care if he is a serial killer. You do not give the Democrats a Senate seat for six years.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2017, 12:57:02 pm »
I don't care if he is a serial killer. You do not give the Democrats a Senate seat for six years.
The GOP has no shame.  What a waste of my life supporting them.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2017, 04:38:37 pm »
BTW calling other members name is quite childish and unacceptable...you of all people should know better.

That's par for the course.  He's called me dozens of names so far and I've become rather fond of my collection of notches on my belt.  He once offered to share a Dram of fine Liquor if I'm ever in his town.  He'd probably poison it, and if I were arguing with him I'd probably drink it.
I will NOT comply.