Author Topic: Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32  (Read 16661 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32
« Reply #375 on: November 10, 2017, 08:53:56 pm »
Screw it, he should run anyway. Didn't seem to hurt Trump.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #376 on: November 10, 2017, 09:00:23 pm »

Our government is not a "factory."    There have been governments that work like a factory.   They were fascist governments.   

The analogy is apt, all the same. What is missing *entirely* from the Republican party, is moral fiber and leadership. Neither of which will be gained by putting a debauched perpetual liar in charge.

And so the nation is well served by having a group of representatives who will not represent the nation if they get into a huff about something?   

Well we should certainly keep them flattered and pampered then,  shouldn't we? 

Lord knows we won't get any of the nation's business done if we just expect them to do what their voters want.

People are people. They will not kiss the ring on the hand that beats them. Or if they must, on pain of death, they are no longer more than slaves, or they will work toward a bitter end for the tyrant.

You get way more bees with honey.

I spent a good portion of my life running companies, and invariably, Tump's kind are not respected, and because of that, the job always turns into a pile of crap. Watch and see.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 09:02:20 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #377 on: November 10, 2017, 09:08:04 pm »
Really? New World Order and North American Union? Is that what you're endorsing?

We got NAFTA and the NWO under Clinton anyway.  I sincerely doubt Bush 41 would have endorsed the Loral deal, promoted the Agreed Framework, authorized Operation Merlin, or allowed bin Laden to live long after attacking the WTC or Khobar.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #378 on: November 10, 2017, 09:09:55 pm »

Among Republicans.   They wouldn't have been his primary opposition in winning the state in the general.  I know someone from Iowa.   In his patch of it (Waterloo)  they are very pro-Union.   

I don't like it,   but there is this thing called "triage"   that I think we should follow.    If it comes to making the difference between Hillary and not Hillary,   I would let the Iowans have their ethanol mandate.   

There are far greater losses we might have taken if we had insisted on eliminating the mandate.
It isn't Iowa's ethanol mandate, it is the shitty fuel ruining engines and fuel systems in engines large and small, and especially older vehicles and small engines that we are ALL stuck with.

MY father gave up his commercial fishing because of crap fuel that left him stranded offshore--and no marina in the area carries no ethanol gasoline--can't get it, period. Places where you can it costs up to $5 a gallon--for not adding crap. Now, if people want to run that in their vehicles, well, you don't need a mandate to make that happen, only market demand. Which was what Cruz was for--more freedom, not less.

BTW, that mandate requires a specific amount of ethanol to be blended with motor fuels, regardless of how much or how little of those motor fuels are sold. It does not go into aviation fuel (ever wonder why?---because you can't just coast to the breakdown lane up there when your engine quits). But with reduced fuel consumption under the Obama economy (fewer people going to work, fewer workplaces consuming fuel) the amount in the fuel stocks was pushing the 10% 'blend wall', where auto warranties are voided. So it isn't a percentage, or even an 'up to' in the law, it is a fixed amount to be blended into whatever is sold.

My opposition to the mandate is on the basis of the engineering problems it has created, mechanical problems (some of which have been potentially life threatening for family members), and the bloody ancillary expense the rest of the nation has to endure so ethanol manufacturers get their guaranteed income.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #379 on: November 10, 2017, 09:10:43 pm »
We got NAFTA and the NWO under Clinton anyway.

That's the point. If both sides are doing it, who the hell is in opposition?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #380 on: November 10, 2017, 09:18:48 pm »
Trump has been the most conservative President thus far that I have ever seen.

Please put down the lighter and step away from the crack pipe.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #381 on: November 10, 2017, 09:19:00 pm »

Despite his lies,   George Herbert Walker Bush would still have been a better choice than Bill Clinton.

Of course Hillary Clinton would have never told us constant lies.   She would have been as honest as Barack Obama.
It was GHWB's reneging on his promises that inspired people not to show up at the polls.

"Read my lips..."

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #382 on: November 10, 2017, 09:26:19 pm »

Vaguely.   Was it about the Ethanol mandate and how he was opposed to it?  (I can't see videos on this site for some reason.)    Cruz might be effective on a one to one,    but he likely would not have been able to replicate that feat across the entire state.   

Ted Cruz handles protesters at his town hall type meetings better than anyone I ever saw.

He is empathetic, charming and persuasive without being confrontive.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #383 on: November 10, 2017, 09:29:27 pm »
My opposition to the mandate is on the basis of the engineering problems it has created, mechanical problems (some of which have been potentially life threatening for family members), and the bloody ancillary expense the rest of the nation has to endure so ethanol manufacturers get their guaranteed income.

And then there's the fact that we use MORE oil because of ethanol than we would use without it.  Because of ethanol, cars get worse fuel mileage.  Because of ethanol, we have more trucks on the road burning diesel so that Iowa ethanol can be delivered to East coast, West coast, and Gulf coast refineries.  And then there's all that natural gas that must be converted into ammonia, urea, and other fertilizer products.

Ethanol makes zero sense economically.  Which is why the government has to step in and prop up the loser here.

Get rid of the mandates.  Get rid of the tax credits.  Get rid of the subsidies.  And above all else, get rid of the asinine policy that blocks ethanol imports from Brazil.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #384 on: November 10, 2017, 09:31:47 pm »
And then there's the fact that we use MORE oil because of ethanol than we would use without it.  Because of ethanol, cars get worse fuel mileage.  Because of ethanol, we have more trucks on the road burning diesel so that Iowa ethanol can be delivered to East coast, West coast, and Gulf coast refineries.  And then there's all that natural gas that must be converted into ammonia, urea, and other fertilizer products.

Ethanol makes zero sense economically.  Which is why the government has to step in and prop up the loser here.

Get rid of the mandates.  Get rid of the tax credits.  Get rid of the subsidies.  And above all else, get rid of the asinine policy that blocks ethanol imports from Brazil.

:amen: to every word!  All true!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #385 on: November 10, 2017, 09:33:10 pm »
without being confrontive.

Or combatational
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #386 on: November 10, 2017, 09:33:16 pm »
If you want to hear it from the horses mouth tune in to Sean Hannity’s radio show. He’s currently interviewing Roy Moore live.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #387 on: November 10, 2017, 09:37:52 pm »
Please put down the lighter and step away from the crack pipe.

He's only 9 years old.   Trump IS the most conservative president he's "ever seen."  :dx1:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #388 on: November 10, 2017, 09:40:33 pm »

Sent my daughter's Lexus into the shop many times.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #389 on: November 10, 2017, 09:42:02 pm »
It was GHWB's reneging on his promises that inspired people not to show up at the polls.

"Read my lips..."

Gee, kinda reminds me of today's Republicans and their promises to get rid of the Obamacare mandates.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #391 on: November 10, 2017, 09:52:53 pm »
Gee, kinda reminds me of today's Republicans and their promises to get rid of the Obamacare mandates.
Doesn't it though? About the only thing people learn from history is that people don't learn from history...

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #392 on: November 10, 2017, 11:40:41 pm »
Not Johnny Winter. It is supposed to be Sven from the North, or Odin or something along those lines.

All this time I thought it was Gregg Allman
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #393 on: November 11, 2017, 01:17:54 am »
@DiogenesLamp

Trump talked about it in South Korea, Ted Cruz has addressed it, you may not care.. but their opinion holds a lot with me. I think I will trust their opinions.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #394 on: November 11, 2017, 03:50:50 pm »
Truth!

Do you happen to recall the encounter Ted's encounter with the Iowa farmer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi5IZ9StVUI

Just like Reagan, Ted Cruz recognizes that Washington is the problem, not the solution.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #395 on: November 11, 2017, 04:27:23 pm »
Truth!

Do you happen to recall the encounter Ted's encounter with the Iowa farmer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi5IZ9StVUI

Cruz, good at rehashing Limbaugh or Reagan. Truth.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #396 on: November 11, 2017, 09:11:01 pm »
Things like Make America Great Again? Oh wait. That was someone else rehashing Reagan....

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #397 on: November 11, 2017, 09:34:16 pm »
Things like Make America Great Again? Oh wait. That was someone else rehashing Reagan....
Donaldus Minimus, rehashing the lead from Legally Blonde . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=18&v=XP-8yc4k3vM

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #398 on: November 11, 2017, 09:36:44 pm »

I was just wondering what the Latka Gravis of TBR had to say. Thanks for obliging.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #399 on: November 11, 2017, 10:45:03 pm »
I was just wondering what the Latka Gravis of TBR had to say. Thanks for obliging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjZ9r9GchbA

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.