Author Topic: PGM-11 Redstone  (Read 430 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

PGM-11 Redstone
« on: November 05, 2017, 03:21:22 am »
Redstone was a direct descendant of the German V-2 rocket, developed by a team of predominantly German rocket engineers brought to the United States after World War II as part of Operation Paperclip.The PGM-11 Redstone was the first large American ballistic missile. A short-range ballistic missile (SRBM), it was in active service with the United States Army in West Germany from June 1958 to June 1964 as part of NATO's Cold War defense of Western Europe. It was the first missile to carry a live nuclear warhead, in the 1958 Pacific Ocean weapons test, Hardtack Teak. Chief Engineer Wernher von Braun personally witnessed this historic launch and detonation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGM-11_Redstone
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: PGM-11 Redstone
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 03:23:27 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLbyY76zt9w

REDSTONE ROCKET, HARDTACK-TEAK TEST , AUGUST 1958

"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: PGM-11 Redstone
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 06:14:12 am »
The great fact of the Redstone that its lineage is a direct descendant from the V-2