Author Topic: Obama jokes: 'I was born in Kenya'  (Read 5070 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama jokes: 'I was born in Kenya'
« on: November 01, 2017, 01:48:14 pm »
Obama jokes: 'I was born in Kenya'
by Daniel Chaitin | Nov 1, 2017, 2:03 AM

Former President Barack Obama cracked a joke Tuesday about his place of birth at the opening of the inaugural Obama Foundation Summit in Chicago.

"The reason I’m so excited to see you all here today in part is because this is were I started,” Obama said, who got his start as a community organizer in Chicago.

“Now this isn’t where I was born. I was born in Kenya. That’s a joke," he quipped amid laughter, before adding that he was born in Hawaii.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-jokes-i-was-born-in-kenya/article/2639216
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Obama jokes: 'I was born in Kenya'
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 01:48:46 pm »
I don't think he was joking...the joke was on us.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 01:50:53 pm »

I'm pretty darned sure you are right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 01:51:32 pm »
Finally for once in his life, the liberal mental midget speaks some truth!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 02:17:27 pm »

The logistics don't support a birth in Kenya.   They do support a birth in Canada.     

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Concerned

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 03:15:11 pm »
"President Barack Obama was born in the United States. Period."

Donald J. Trump
September 16, 2016
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 03:17:09 pm »
The place of his birth is immaterial since his commie mommie had to surrender his US citizenship (if any existed) to get him into madrassa as a child. That's why his school records are sealed- he was a foreign student. Yes, the joke is on us and we suffered greatly and may never recover from his treachery.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 03:18:16 pm »

Donald J. Trump
September 16, 2016

I would lie too if I knew my enemies were going to attempt to damage me politically because I told the truth.   I have no obligation to tell the truth to my enemies.   

Trump plays the game the way they do,  and they are still shell shocked over the fact that he will use their own tactics against them.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 03:19:00 pm »

Donald J. Trump
September 16, 2016
Yeah, the United States' Period began at the end of WWII. Pity he wasn't born during Reconstruction.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 03:21:57 pm »
The place of his birth is immaterial since his commie mommie had to surrender his US citizenship (if any existed) to get him into madrassa as a child.

A parent cannot revoke a child's citizenship.   

That's why his school records are sealed- he was a foreign student. Yes, the joke is on us and we suffered greatly and may never recover from his treachery.

His school records are sealed because people would notice all the "Ds" and "Fs"  and conclude Obama is an idiot,  which he is.   

If Obama's school or college grades were any good,  he would have been shoving them in our faces back in 2008.   They are horrible,  and they demonstrate that he was an affirmative action recipient who was in far over his head.   

He didn't have the intellect to be in Columbia or Harvard,  but because he was the right color,  they ignored his stupidity and ignorance and passed him anyway. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Concerned

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 03:27:35 pm »

I would lie too if I knew my enemies were going to attempt to damage me politically because I told the truth.   I have no obligation to tell the truth to my enemies.   

Trump plays the game the way they do,  and they are still shell shocked over the fact that he will use their own tactics against them.

You might not have an obligation to tell the truth, but personally, I always try and be truthful.  I also think that our Presidential candidates have an obligation to tell the truth to the American people.  I'm kinda old fashion that way.  Unfortunately, I recognize not everyone shares my values and my expectations.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 03:33:51 pm »
You might not have an obligation to tell the truth, but personally, I always try and be truthful.  I also think that our Presidential candidates have an obligation to tell the truth to the American people.  I'm kinda old fashion that way.  Unfortunately, I recognize not everyone shares my values and my expectations.

Well the "truth"  is that Trump doesn't know where Obama was born.   The "truth"  is that the vast majority of people who insist he was born in the US,  also don't know where he was born.   

The evidence so far of where he was born is pretty terrible.   

Now if Trump had told the truth,  which is "I don't know where he was born."   The media would have been all over him and they would have damaged his chances at winning the election.   

So long as we have one party control of the media-attack-weapon,  we have no obligation to be forthright or honest with them.   

Had the issue of Obama's birth been properly discussed in public debate,   the answer "I don't know where he was born"  would have been acceptable to the American people,   but because the media-weapon had already prepped the battlefield with their false premises,   it would have been a tactical mistake to engage them on that ground.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline austingirl

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2017, 03:35:56 pm »

Then Bammy must have gone to the consulate and renounced his citizenship himself.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 03:39:21 pm »
Then Bammy must have gone to the consulate and renounced his citizenship himself.

Or he never was a citizen to begin with!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2017, 03:55:23 pm »
Or he never was a citizen to begin with!

A distinct possibility.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 03:57:11 pm »
A distinct possibility.

That would be my guess!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 04:01:30 pm »

Putting aside for the moment the ethics of lying in general, he lied to everyone - not just his enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2017, 04:03:33 pm »

But, that's not the issue.  She could not confer citizenship to him.

His school records are sealed because people would notice all the "Ds" and "Fs"  and conclude Obama is an idiot,  which he is.   

If Obama's school or college grades were any good,  he would have been shoving them in our faces back in 2008.   They are horrible,  and they demonstrate that he was an affirmative action recipient who was in far over his head.   

He didn't have the intellect to be in Columbia or Harvard,  but because he was the right color,  they ignored his stupidity and ignorance and passed him anyway.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2017, 04:07:54 pm »

He could not do that until he reached the age of majority.    He was back in the custody of his Grandparents before he reached that age. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2017, 04:09:35 pm »
Putting aside for the moment the ethics of lying in general, he lied to everyone - not just his enemies.

Unavoidable consequence if necessity compels you to lie to your enemies.   

In World War II,  our government lied to us about the Atomic bomb test.    We forgave them  because once we understood the need,   we agreed with their reasons for doing so. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 04:11:13 pm »
But, that's not the issue.  She could not confer citizenship to him.

If he was born in the United States,  she did not need to confer citizenship to him.   The 14th amendment conferred citizenship to him.    The only case in which his mother was necessary to confer citizenship was if he was born outside of the United States.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline austingirl

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2017, 04:30:01 pm »
I think we can all agree that Bammy is as un-American as they come.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2017, 04:32:37 pm »

If he was born in the United States,  she did not need to confer citizenship to him.   The 14th amendment conferred citizenship to him.    The only case in which his mother was necessary to confer citizenship was if he was born outside of the United States.   

NO SIR!  The 14th amendment did no such thing!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline the_doc

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2017, 05:05:41 pm »
@mystery-ak
@Sanguine
@DiogenesLamp

The logistics don't support a birth in Kenya.   They do support a birth in Canada.   
There are a lot of timeline issues in the overall controversy.  However, I think the clincher for all of these timeline issues was Obama's paternal grandmother proudly blurting out in a phone call that Obama was born in Kenya--apparently before she learned that this would make him ineligible to run for POTUS.  Also, I have seen a credible report that one of Kenya's Cabinet Ministers publicly spoke with pride to Kenya's Parliament about a native-born Kenyan running for POTUS.  (The Kenyan ambassador to the U.S. reportedly said the same thing to an American reporter, only to be immediately recalled to Kenya for several days, thence to return to the U.S. to claim that he had been misunderstood, claiming that he had been referring to Obama Senior as Kenya-born.)

I have a friend from the Middle East who says that it is widely believed in both the Middle East and Europe that Obama was born in Kenya.

Most importantly, the BC that the White House released a month or so after Trump's public challenge is obviously a slap-dash forgery.  No doubt at all. 

The folks who scoff at the Birthers have never, never honestly examined the evidence of that.  (Sadly, the MSM cover-up and the cowardly stance of Congress in the face of all of the evidence have fooled them--as expected.)

Last year I met a British fellow who lived in Kenya for 30 years.  He said he lived 30 miles from Obama's once-celebrated birthplace.  He said "I love America, but Americans are stupid."

Now Obama is itching to brag openly to the world that he fooled America.  Manifestly, his joke was no joke.  He is fundamentally a braggart who veils the truth behind lies of deniability--such as his reference the "57 States" and the "Navy corpse-men."  He is not as stupid as he sounds. 

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2017, 05:25:20 pm »
I think we can all agree that Bammy is as un-American as they come.

Yes.   
— Lord Melbourne —