Author Topic: WATCH: CNN Falsely Claims That Terrorist Said 'God Is Great' Instead Of 'Allahu Akbar'  (Read 2881 times)

rangerrebew

WATCH: CNN Falsely Claims That Terrorist Said 'God Is Great' Instead Of 'Allahu Akbar'

ByRyan Saavedra
October 31, 2017
74.5k views

CNN falsely reported on Tuesday that the Islamic terrorist who attacked and murdered innocent civilians in New York City shouted, “God is Great,” instead of what he is alleged to have actually said: “Allahu Akbar.”

Sayfullo Saipov, 29, is the alleged terrorist who yelled “Allahu Akbar” — "God is greater" (superlative) and in Arabic — as he got out of his truck, after he ran over multiple pedestrians, the New York Post reported.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23004/watch-cnn-falsely-claims-terrorist-said-god-great-ryan-saavedra

Offline NavyCanDo

FOX News Radio did the same thing yesterday, hearing the broadcast on the drive home. The false narrative is to point fingers at believers in God
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The Abrahamic God is worshipped by Jews, Christians and Muslims.  It doesn't matter that some Christians dispute that,  that's what Muslims believe (their holy book, for example, recognizes Jesus Christ although, obviously, not in the same way that Christians do).     

Different dogmas, same God.   Folks disagree, and even kill each other, in the name of those dogmas.  And the same God in Heaven is no doubt weeping at the destruction caused by religious tribalism in His name.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Applewood

Odd.  The different news sources I read and heard used both Allahu Akbar and the English translation.

Maybe it was just laziness on the part of CNN and Fox radio.  I wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The Abrahamic God is worshipped by Jews, Christians and Muslims.  It doesn't matter that some Christians dispute that,  that's what Muslims believe (their holy book, for example, recognizes Jesus Christ although, obviously, not in the same way that Christians do).

Actually no.  They don't.  In fact Muslims call for anyone who doesn't believe in Allah and the Prophet Mohammed to be killed or converted.

Nice try to lump everyone in together...but you failed.     

Different dogmas, same God.   Folks disagree, and even kill each other, in the name of those dogmas.  And the same God in Heaven is no doubt weeping at the destruction caused by religious tribalism in His name.

Really Christians kill in the name of God?  How many army's does The Pope have?  How many combat brigades are killing in the name of Southern Baptists these days?

Manybe you can look up the religious decree from the Methodist Church hierarchy declaring war on Presbyterians.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Odd.  The different news sources I read and heard used both Allahu Akbar and the English translation.

Maybe it was just laziness on the part of CNN and Fox radio.  I wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

It is the English translation.  But the PC folks at CNN use it to try and lessen the fact that this was a Muslim terror attack by someone desiring to be a Martyr.

Even when they are sniping our soldiers and blowing them up with IED's you can here them saying over and over "Allahu Akbar".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It is the English translation.  But the PC folks at CNN use it to try and lessen the fact that this was a Muslim terror attack by someone desiring to be a Martyr.

Even when they are sniping our soldiers and blowing them up with IED's you can here them saying over and over "Allahu Akbar".

Even Comrade DeBlasio admitted it was a terrorist attack.   

Offline Applewood

I don't know.  Maybe CNN thinks its audience is composed of morons who don't know what Allahu Akbar means. In that case, instead of just using the English translation, it should have used both terms as the other news outlets did:  "Allahu Akbar, meaning God is great." 

I would think that after San Bernardino, the media would have finally stopped speculating that the perps were right-wing Christian gun nuts.  I didn't see that speculation after the LV shootings.   Maybe CNN didn't get the memo.  Looks like most of the other news outlets did.

Offline Applewood

Even Comrade DeBlasio admitted it was a terrorist attack.   

Now that this country is no longer under Obama's rule, the fear of calling a terrorist attack a terrorist attack has been lifted. 

That news conference yesterday would have been a bust if it wasn't for the police commissioner.  DeBlasio looked shell shocked and Cuomo talked like an idiot.  In some ways I feel sorry for the city and state of New York with those two as their leaders.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

I don't think that allah translates to English at all.

I just heard the presser today and the NYC police chief called the jihadi a CRIMINAL- not a terrorist or a jihadi. 22222frying pan
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I would think that after San Bernardino, the media would have finally stopped speculating that the perps were right-wing Christian gun nuts.  I didn't see that speculation after the LV shootings.   Maybe CNN didn't get the memo.  Looks like most of the other news outlets did.

Nope they have to protect Obama he let the Muslims flood in.  The MSM will always hope and pray that it's a white Christian Republican before they are forced to admit the truth.

Religion of Peace and all...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 05:37:40 pm by txradioguy »

Online mountaineer

Not really.
... Both Christians and Muslims believe in the same what – a God whose duties include things like creating, receiving worship, and judging. They differ on who they believe is the person who occupies that position. Muslims believe that person is Allah and Christians believe it is Yahweh.

Now that we recognize the difference between the title of the position of God and the person who occupies that position, it makes sense to mention the differences between the respective persons. Allah is Unitarian (a single essence in one person), while Yahweh is Trinitarian (one essence, but in three persons). The Qur’an claims that Allah has no son, while the Bible says that Jesus is the Son of God. Allah is transcendent, meaning he is separate from his creation. Although Yahweh is transcendent, He is also immanent, which means He enters into His creation and reveals Himself (e.g. Jesus becoming flesh).

These differences aren’t merely incidental, they’re central to each religion’s concept of the person who occupies the office of God. The difference is so significant that Christians consider it heresy to deny God’s Trinitarian nature, and Muslims consider it blasphemy to affirm it.  ...
More from Alan Schlemon, Stand to Reason
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

Absolutely not the "same God."   Try doing some actual research, using Christian Scriptures, and you will see that the God of Christian Scriptures, is not the same as Mohammed's. 

But to the point of the thread.......... the omission of "Allahu Akbar" is always deliberate, in an attempt to equalize the two "religions" and brush away the reality of what these jihadists are doing in the name of their god.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Absolutely not the "same God."   Try doing some actual research, using Christian Scriptures, and you will see that the God of Christian Scriptures, is not the same as Mohammed's. 

Christian scriptures are irrelevant (and besides, they predate the rise of Islam by centuries).   What matters is that Muslims believe they worship the same God as you and I do.   You may disagree, but that doesn't change the reality that the same Abrahamic God is worshiped by Jews, Christians and Muslims.   The dogmas are different, and as Mountaineer says each religion's concept of God is different - but the God is the same.   
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 04:42:32 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline thackney

Having overlapping history does not make worship of a false god the same worship in Christianity or Judaism.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Having overlapping history does not make worship of a false god the same worship in Christianity or Judaism.

I do not consider the Abrahamic God to be a false god.   Differences in dogma and concepts of worship do not change the reality that Muslims worship the same God as you or I do.   Maybe God gives a damn about such differences, maybe He doesn't.   

Offline skeeter

I do not consider the Abrahamic God to be a false god.   Differences in dogma and concepts of worship do not change the reality that Muslims worship the same God as you or I do.   Maybe God gives a damn about such differences, maybe He doesn't.

So you believe in a God that "may or may not" enjoin his followers to kill infidels?

Offline musiclady

Christian scriptures are irrelevant (and besides, they predate the rise of Islam by centuries).   What matters is that Muslims believe they worship the same God as you and I do.   You may disagree, but that doesn't change the reality that the same Abrahamic God is worshiped by Jews, Christians and Muslims.   The dogmas are different, and as Mountaineer says each religion's concept of God is different - but the God is the same.

Your first statement reveals why you will never, ever understand your error.  It is only through the Christian Scriptures, both Old and New, that we know who God really is.   We learn His attributes, His nature, His Sovereignty, His love, His justice, His wrath, His compassion, His sacrifice, His goodness.......

And how completely, utterly different the "god" of Islam is.

Muslims, unlike Jews and Christians, do NOT worship the same God.   The God of the New Testament is written about in the Old.  The god of Islam is not.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline SkyKing

It's the same old leftists trying to control our language, divert our attention from radical Muslims.

Offline thackney

Perhaps you believe God cares that his follower's kill those that won't believe as Muhammad did.  I will follow Matthew 10:14.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Christian trinitarianism is rejected by both Judaism and Islam. Muslims deny that Jesus Christ is the incarnate and eternal Son of God and go further to deny that God has a son. Any reader of the New Testament knows that this was the major point of division between Christianity and Judaism. The central Christian claim that Jesus is Israel’s promised Messiah and the divine Son become flesh led to the separation of the church and the synagogue as is revealed in the Book of Acts.

There is historical truth in the claim of “three Abrahamic religions” because Judaism, Christianity and Islam all look to Abraham as a principal figure and model of faith. But this historical truth is far surpassed in importance by the fact that Jesus explicitly denied that salvation comes merely by being one of “Abraham’s children” (John 8:39-59). He told the Jewish leaders who rejected Him that their rejection revealed that they were not Abraham’s true sons and that they did not truly know God.

Christians do not deny that Muslims know some true things about God. As a matter of fact, in Romans 1:19-20 Paul explains that all people have some real knowledge of God by general revelation, so that they are without excuse. Speaking at Mars Hill in Athens in Acts 17, Paul argued that even some of the Greeks’ own philosophers and poets gave evidence of a rudimentary knowledge of God—but this was not a saving knowledge, and the apostle was brokenhearted when he saw the Athenians at worship.

https://billygraham.org/decision-magazine/february-2016/do-christians-and-muslims-worship-the-same-god/

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Perhaps you believe God cares that his follower's kill those that won't believe as Muhammad did.  I will follow Matthew 10:14.

As will I.  But it is not up to Christians to declare to Muslims what God they worship.   They say the same God,  but different prophet, different dogma.   I say they're right about the God, likely wrong concerning the prophet and grievously wrong about the dogma if they believe that killing apostates will get them into paradise. 

And again - the Christian Scriptures provide no guidance regarding the claims of Islam -  they were written centuries before and Christians believe God hasn't returned since that time to correct or amend the record.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Christian trinitarianism is rejected by both Judaism and Islam. Muslims deny that Jesus Christ is the incarnate and eternal Son of God and go further to deny that God has a son. Any reader of the New Testament knows that this was the major point of division between Christianity and Judaism. The central Christian claim that Jesus is Israel’s promised Messiah and the divine Son become flesh led to the separation of the church and the synagogue as is revealed in the Book of Acts.

There is historical truth in the claim of “three Abrahamic religions” because Judaism, Christianity and Islam all look to Abraham as a principal figure and model of faith. But this historical truth is far surpassed in importance by the fact that Jesus explicitly denied that salvation comes merely by being one of “Abraham’s children” (John 8:39-59). He told the Jewish leaders who rejected Him that their rejection revealed that they were not Abraham’s true sons and that they did not truly know God.

Christians do not deny that Muslims know some true things about God. As a matter of fact, in Romans 1:19-20 Paul explains that all people have some real knowledge of God by general revelation, so that they are without excuse. Speaking at Mars Hill in Athens in Acts 17, Paul argued that even some of the Greeks’ own philosophers and poets gave evidence of a rudimentary knowledge of God—but this was not a saving knowledge, and the apostle was brokenhearted when he saw the Athenians at worship.

https://billygraham.org/decision-magazine/february-2016/do-christians-and-muslims-worship-the-same-god/

Interesting post, TxRadioGuy.  Thanks for it. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
As will I.  But it is not up to Christians to declare to Muslims what God they worship.   They say the same God,  but different prophet, different dogma.   I say they're right about the God, likely wrong concerning the prophet and grievously wrong about the dogma if they believe that killing apostates will get them into paradise.

Been studying Catholic apologist Francis Beckwith I see. 

And again - the Christian Scriptures provide no guidance regarding the claims of Islam -  they were written centuries before and Christians believe God hasn't returned since that time to correct or amend the record.   

And yet clearly they do.

Jesus explicitly denied that salvation comes merely by being one of “Abraham’s children” (John 8:39-59). He told the Jewish leaders who rejected Him that their rejection revealed that they were not Abraham’s true sons and that they did not truly know God.

But I know from your posting history here you'll ignore actual facts and cited Scripture in order to keep pounding your broken ideology.

Offline thackney

Only if you choose to ignore it.  The teaching of Christ and His words were not limited to the time He walked on the earth. Those who came and say they are no different than the teachings and followers of Christ take heed.

Matthew 5:19
Matthew 7:15-20, 21-23
Matthew 24:4-5
Matthew 24:24
Acts 20:28-30
Galatians 1:6-7
2 Corinthians 11:13-15
2 Timothy 3:12-14
1 John 2:3-4
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 09:21:44 pm by thackney »