Author Topic: Senate Confirms Amy Coney Barrett To Bench; Democrats Had Questioned Her 'Orthodox' Catholic Faith  (Read 753 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
washington times 
Alex Swoyer - The Washington Times - Tuesday, October 31, 2017

[excerpt]

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/oct/31/senate-confirms-first-four-circuit-judges-week/

The Senate confirmed a Catholic woman Tuesday to sit on an appeals court seat over the opposition of Democrats, sparking complaints from Republicans who said they fear some in the chamber are imposing religious tests that would deny faithful Catholics a chance at judgeships.

Amy Coney Barrett, a law professor at the University of Notre Dame, was cleared on a 55 to 43 vote, with all of the opposition coming from members of the Democratic Caucus. Just three Democrats joined the GOP in backing her nomination to the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals: Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia, Sen. Joe Donnelly of Indiana, and Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia.

She was the first of three women, and four appeals court nominees total, that Republicans intend to confirm this week.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

• Wulf Anson Author
"“Professor Barrett’s past statements and writings show a strong, personal bias against reproductive freedom and LGBTQ rights. And more broadly, her record demonstrates a dangerous lack of deference to long-standing precedent and judicial restraint,” said Vanita Gupta, president of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights."

So she's not a big fan of murdering the unborn, or creating special rights for people based on their sexual behavior.

If there's problem there, damned if I can see it.

Funny how Catholics are verboten with Democrats but letting in Jihadis by the tens of thousands is just fine.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"“Professor Barrett’s past statements and writings show a strong, personal bias against reproductive freedom and LGBTQ rights. And more broadly, her record demonstrates a dangerous lack of deference to long-standing precedent and judicial restraint,” said Vanita Gupta, president of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights."

So she's not a big fan of murdering the unborn, or creating special rights for people based on their sexual behavior.

If there's problem there, damned if I can see it.

Funny how Catholics are verboten with Democrats but letting in Jihadis by the tens of thousands is just fine.
Catholics haven't had anyone burned at the stake in centuries. Muslims have been tosssing the alphabet crowd off of roofs right along.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Wulf Anson Author
Great news!

Pretty much how I'm seeing it too.

Pelosi defends her PP funding by claiming she's a 'Practicing Catholic'.

So, being a Catholic is Fine, for a Dem Speaker of the House.

It's Fine for stealing a 6th of the entire Country's economy - to impose a form of Indentured Servitude - for Govt HC rationing.

It's Fine for defending Mass Murder.

But it's Wrong, for a Judge.

Quick Quiz Bigun;

If you were dragged into Court, would you rather have a Catholic, a Shia, or a Sunni on the bench?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 12:39:10 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Pretty much how I'm seeing it too.

Pelosi defends her PP funding by claiming she's a 'Practicing Catholic'.

So, being a Catholic is Fine, for a Dem Speaker of the House.

It's Fine for defending Mass Murder.

But it's Wrong, for a Judge.

Quick Quiz Bigun;

If you were dragged into Court, would you rather have a Catholic, a Shia, or a Sunni on the bench?

@To-Whose-Benefit?

The Catholic 100% of the time.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

washington times 
Alex Swoyer - The Washington Times - Tuesday, October 31, 2017

[excerpt]

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/oct/31/senate-confirms-first-four-circuit-judges-week/

The Senate confirmed a Catholic woman Tuesday to sit on an appeals court seat over the opposition of Democrats, sparking complaints from Republicans who said they fear some in the chamber are imposing religious tests that would deny faithful Catholics a chance at judgeships.

Amy Coney Barrett, a law professor at the University of Notre Dame, was cleared on a 55 to 43 vote, with all of the opposition coming from members of the Democratic Caucus. Just three Democrats joined the GOP in backing her nomination to the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals: Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia, Sen. Joe Donnelly of Indiana, and Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia.

She was the first of three women, and four appeals court nominees total, that Republicans intend to confirm this week.

Winning. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

• Wulf Anson Author
The closest I have EVER come to being bossed around by a Catholic was a bright sunny morning as I was passing by a Catholic Church after the Mass.

I stopped to wish the Priest, who was outside on the walk, a good morning.

And he invited me to come back next Sunday and come inside to see if His Religion and His customs might be agreeable to me.

So, no, I don't see today's Catholics as a problem or a danger for anyone but the Dems.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Catholics haven't had anyone burned at the stake in centuries. Muslims have been tosssing the alphabet crowd off of roofs right along.

Muslims seem quite fine with buggering little boys.  I wonder how old they have to be when it's no longer okay and you have to die for being queer.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

• Wulf Anson Author

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Muslims seem quite fine with buggering little boys.  I wonder how old they have to be when it's no longer okay and you have to die for being queer.
Dunno. Like most Islamic repressions, it seems to be they do that which is forbidden and blame it on someone else. She dressed that way, he had to rape--then cut her throat because she got raped sort of thing.

It's TFUTEAFU of anything masquerading as a religion, imho.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis