Author Topic: 'Smoking Gun': Goodlatte Claims Obama DOJ Prevented Conservative Groups From Receiving Settlement Funds  (Read 382 times)

Offline endicom

Townhall
Leah Barkoukis
Oct. 25, 2017

The Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee Bob Goodlatte says he has received a “smoking gun” email that shows former President Obama Justice Department blocked conservative groups from receiving settlement payouts, even though liberal groups were given the money.

“It is not every day in congressional investigations that we find a smoking gun,” Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., said Tuesday. “Here, we have it.”

According to the internal DOJ emails Goodlatte released Tuesday, officials chose which groups received the settlement funds, and even may have intervened to ensure conservative groups didn’t receive money.   

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/10/25/goodlatte-i-have-smoking-gun-email-proving-obama-doj-prevented-conservative-groups-from-receiving-settlement-funds-n2400037

Offline skeeter

Are there any consequences for such abuse of authority?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'm loving all these liberal and Democrat scandals breaking out everywhere this past month.
The Republic is lost.

Offline endicom

Are there any consequences for such abuse of authority?

Mandatory attendance of an Al Gore symposium.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"May have intervened" != "Smoking gun"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline endicom

I'm loving all these liberal and Democrat scandals breaking out everywhere this past month.

Sets your cockles all atingle.

And yet, I think we all wonder if anything will come of it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And the DOJ is doing exactly what about ANY of it?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sets your cockles all atingle.

And yet, I think we all wonder if anything will come of it.

Doubt it, but this kind of stuff will not help them in '18 off-year, which is generally a GOP dominated cycle as it is. If this drags out the next 9 months it will just be a political meat grinder.
The Republic is lost.