Author Topic: Alt-Right Nazis, Incest & Abortion: All In One Jam-Packed 'American Horror Story'  (Read 365 times)

rangerrebew

Alt-Right Nazis, Incest & Abortion: All In One Jam-Packed 'American Horror Story'
By Amelia Hamilton | October 25, 2017 2:23 AM EDT

With storylines about gender-curious gerbils and killer clowns, American Horror Story: Cult has been pretty off-the-wall but, in the October 24 episode "Winter of Our Discontent," they managed to go off the deep end. The episode had everything, from a Nazi cop, to an incestual threesome, to a woman bleeding to death from an abortion. You'll notice that there are no clips in this article because the scenes were too graphic, so you'll have to use your imagination. Actually, don't. Trust me.

After a tiny bit of plot, we jump right into the issues-based portion of the show with a scene with Ivy (Alison Pill) in her restaurant serving Kai's alt-right "army" of blue shirts. One of them comments to Ivy, "Your bangability would go way up if you just smiled." That sets Ivy off, "How did this Handmaid shit even happen?" It really has nothing to do with the plot of The Handmaid's Tale, which is a cautionary tale about a big government theocracy, but it's become a catch-all for all things feminist.

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/amelia-hamilton/2017/10/25/nazis-incest-and-abortion-all-one-jam-packed-american

Offline Frank Cannon

I gave up on the season after the first episode. Everyone else I know did soon after. Even if the writers are trying to make a Liberal point it is so convoluted and wrapped up in such a terrible plot that goes nowhere that it is worthless. Last I checked the shows ratings were in the toilet. They have less than a million in the key demo. No one is watching.