Author Topic: Is It Time for a U.S.-India Alliance?  (Read 271 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Is It Time for a U.S.-India Alliance?
« on: October 25, 2017, 07:06:41 am »
James Clad,Francesca Silvestri

For three decades, descriptions of India’s strategic utility to the United States have stressed latent potential rather than existing geopolitical fact. But a new phase of Asian power-balancing is on offer, explicit in Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s October 18 speech at the Center for Strategic and International Studies ahead of his meetings in Delhi this week.

India’s willingness to play an overt balance of power game in Asia will depend in large part on these three issues:

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/it-time-us-india-alliance-22888
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Is It Time for a U.S.-India Alliance?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 07:15:02 am »
If we are allies, they could be one of the biggest purchaser of defense contracts. Maybe they can remove some that Russian junk they own.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome