Author Topic: President Trump Tweets There Will Be NO Change To Your 401(k)!  (Read 595 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

President Trump Tweets There Will Be NO Change To Your 401(k)!
« on: October 23, 2017, 02:46:42 pm »
President Trump Tweets There Will Be NO Change To Your 401(k)!
IWB, Oct 23, 2017, Ruby Henley

<snip>

I am happy to report today President Trump just tweeted there will be NO change to the 401(k) Savings and Retirement Plan in his Tax Reform. 

“There will be NO change to your 401(k). This has always been a great and popular middle class tax break that works, and it stays!”

Donald J. Trump   ✔  ‎@realDonaldTrump 

There will be NO change to your 401(k). This has always been a great and popular middle class tax break that works, and it stays!
7:42 AM - Oct 23, 2017
7,089 Replies  10,020 Retweets  44,032 likes 

More:  http://investmentwatchblog.com/president-trump-tweets-there-will-be-no-change-to-your-401k/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: President Trump Tweets There Will Be NO Change To Your 401(k)!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 02:47:22 pm »
The reported reduction in the 401(k) maximum deferral is not happening.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 03:45:44 pm »
The reported reduction in the 401(k) maximum deferral is not happening.

Another thing in the plus column.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 05:50:38 pm »
Well I hope so, or this could be as big as "Read my lips: no new taxes", "If you like the plan you have, you can keep it. If you like the doctor you have, you can keep your doctor, too."

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 06:42:23 pm »
He maybe leaving 401k alone for now, but if the rumors and articles are true, Seniors will be one group that's going to get hit.  My husband and I are just entering our retirement years ... we've paid into the system all of our lives ... and now that we need to adjust to a fixed income, it looks like we have yet another financial roadblock.  Heck, at this point, why even retire?  Except for the fact, that Uncle Sam has taken $$ out of our checks every single payday for over 45 years!  Also needs to be addressed is this little note from SSA; the law governing benefit amounts may change because, by 2034, the payroll taxes collected will be enough to pay only about 79% of scheduled benefits!!  WTF?  45 years into the system and now we can only collect full benefits for 17 years?? 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/22/opinions/trump-tax-cuts-opinion-obeidallah/index.html

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:51:57 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.