Author Topic: CAMP: Roy Moore Is Not A Constitutional Conservative  (Read 22359 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: CAMP: Roy Moore Is Not A Constitutional Conservative
« Reply #375 on: October 28, 2017, 01:53:38 pm »
Same here.  We know better.

For some of us, the moral/religious liberty issues are the most important issues of the day.

The decline in morality, and in understanding of the religious basis of our country's founding are critical to every other problem we're having.

So we feel that there is a need to continue and expand the discussion.

There's a big difference between the religious (or badly behaved) threads at TOS and the (mostly) civil discussions here.  I'm actually glad Jazzhead posts his opinions because he represents the secularists whose views have completely distorted what the Founders intended, and it's good to debate the Constitutional and moral issues he opposes.

I think it's all good.  And if people don't like these kinds of discussions, as I said above, it's easy to stay away.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #376 on: October 28, 2017, 02:06:30 pm »
For some of us, the moral/religious liberty issues are the most important issues of the day.

The decline in morality, and in understanding of the religious basis of our country's founding are critical to every other problem we're having.

So we feel that there is a need to continue and expand the discussion.

There's a big difference between the religious (or badly behaved) threads at TOS and the (mostly) civil discussions here.  I'm actually glad Jazzhead posts his opinions because he represents the secularists whose views have completely distorted what the Founders intended, and it's good to debate the Constitutional and moral issues he opposes.

I think it's all good.  And if people don't like these kinds of discussions, as I said above, it's easy to stay away.

Of course the moral/religious issues are important.  Surely you're not implying that they are more important to you than they are to me?  I would hope not.

The problem is that some go into these kinds of arguments knowing that there will be different opinions from equally moral and righteously-minded posters but deadly intent on proving that their opinion is the only correct one.  I think that is a perfect example of the board in one's own eye and exemplifies the inability to be able to see said board.

(And, I would hope that no one would try to tell us that they don't have a board in their eye - we all do.  Several probably.)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #377 on: October 28, 2017, 02:13:26 pm »
Of course the moral/religious issues are important.  Surely you're not implying that they are more important to you than they are to me?  I would hope not.

The problem is that some go into these kinds of arguments knowing that there will be different opinions from equally moral and righteously-minded posters but deadly intent on proving that their opinion is the only correct one.  I think that is a perfect example of the board in one's own eye and exemplifies the inability to be able to see said board.

(And, I would hope that no one would try to tell us that they don't have a board in their eye - we all do.  Several probably.)

Oh, no, NO!  I don't think moral issues are more important to me than to you!  Never!

I just think that there are some of us who enjoy the discussions more than others, and those who don't like getting into the details, or going on at length, should stay away.

I totally agree that this is a plank-in-the-eye-speck-in-yours problem, and that some posters get carried away, but again, I would suggest to those who are offended by those few to put them on Ignore if you can't slide by their posts without getting angry.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #378 on: October 28, 2017, 02:17:48 pm »
Oh, no, NO!  I don't think moral issues are more important to me than to you!  Never!

I just think that there are some of us who enjoy the discussions more than others, and those who don't like getting into the details, or going on at length, should stay away.

I totally agree that this is a plank-in-the-eye-speck-in-yours problem, and that some posters get carried away, but again, I would suggest to those who are offended by those few to put them on Ignore if you can't slide by their posts without getting angry.

Thank you, @musiclady.  I mostly agree with that, but you who do enjoy the discussion please don't get insulted by those of us who point out that we don't. 

And, I am concerned that these kind of discussions create more division.  But, I'll keep that concern to myself going forward.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #379 on: October 28, 2017, 02:53:24 pm »
 :thumbsup:

To both of the last 2 posters, well, we'll say 3, no 4 posters!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #380 on: October 28, 2017, 04:18:47 pm »
Thank you, @musiclady.  I mostly agree with that, but you who do enjoy the discussion please don't get insulted by those of us who point out that we don't. 

And, I am concerned that these kind of discussions create more division.  But, I'll keep that concern to myself going forward.

You don't have to do that, @Sanguine .   My comment was directed at the idea that one poster would have the authority to tell other posters not to discuss something they want to discuss.

I do agree that, if we are not careful........... which we are clearly not sometimes...... the divisions become deeper.

I sure don't want you to stop voicing your concern on threads such as this one.

Just don't tell me to shut up.  I don't like that.  :tongue2:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #381 on: October 28, 2017, 04:43:00 pm »
Just don't tell me to shut up.  I don't like that.  :tongue2:

Same here.   888high58888

Offline musiclady

« Reply #382 on: October 28, 2017, 04:44:40 pm »
Same here.   888high58888

888high58888

That's why we're both here, my friend!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #383 on: October 28, 2017, 09:07:21 pm »
:thumbsup:

To both of the last 2 posters, well, we'll say 3, no 4 posters!

@TomSea and the 5th poster would be me.

I guess "and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD" was a little too radical for some... Funny the earlier part is often quoted (no weapon formed against you), but the part I quoted is often ignored. Why is that? Maybe because it doesn't fit the narrative that Christians are suppose to just shut up and take it like a good little lamb.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 09:15:43 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #384 on: October 28, 2017, 09:13:08 pm »
888high58888

That's why we're both here, my friend!

I came looking for a recipe for Pecan Pie....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #385 on: October 28, 2017, 09:16:07 pm »

Ooooooo............... don't let @RoosGirl know about that!

(I've heard a rumor that she pretty much hates the stuff......  ^-^)

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #386 on: October 28, 2017, 09:17:15 pm »

I do, but the story about how the first pecan grove in Georgia got started is pretty interesting.  I'll tell you about it sometime.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #387 on: October 28, 2017, 09:18:18 pm »

Peecan pie or pecahn pie? There seems to be a difference.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #388 on: October 28, 2017, 09:19:14 pm »

Cause she thinks they must be syrupy and overly sweet.   I won't tell her it's not so!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #389 on: October 28, 2017, 09:20:59 pm »
Cause she thinks they must be syrupy and overly sweet.   I won't tell her it's not so!

It's really hard to tone down a bottle of Karo syrup.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #390 on: October 28, 2017, 09:23:09 pm »
It's really hard to tone down a bottle of Karo syrup.

:amen:  That's why you don't put that in GOOD pecan pie!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #391 on: October 28, 2017, 09:25:57 pm »
:amen:  That's why you don't put that in GOOD pecan pie!

Is your recipe posted in The Kitchen?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #392 on: October 28, 2017, 09:28:58 pm »
Is your recipe posted in The Kitchen?

Nope!  I'm not domesticated enough for kitchens!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #393 on: October 28, 2017, 09:30:07 pm »
Nope!  I'm not domesticated enough for kitchens!

What?  You're telling me about a good pecan pie and you have no recipe?  Now I know you're full of pecan pie.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #394 on: October 28, 2017, 09:30:25 pm »
I do, but the story about how the first pecan grove in Georgia got started is pretty interesting.  I'll tell you about it sometime.

Yeah. Let me get comfortable for that story before you start....

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #395 on: October 28, 2017, 09:33:56 pm »
What?  You're telling me about a good pecan pie and you have no recipe?  Now I know you're full of pecan pie.

I don't have to have the recipe cause I know someone who does and she is domesticated enough for kitchens! 

You might try searching for pecan pie recipes without corn syrup and sugar.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #396 on: October 28, 2017, 09:48:13 pm »
I guess it is customary to end a good long thread with a flurry of fluff posts.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 09:48:36 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #397 on: October 28, 2017, 09:51:17 pm »
Yeah. Let me get comfortable for that story before you start....

I told you I would hold the chair for you anytime.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #398 on: October 28, 2017, 10:13:29 pm »
I guess it is customary to end a good long thread with a flurry of fluff posts.

I kinda like when that happens!

(And I knew pinging @RoosGirl would guarantee it.  ^-^)

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #399 on: October 28, 2017, 10:19:17 pm »
I kinda like when that happens!

(And I knew pinging @RoosGirl would guarantee it.  ^-^)

Madam, if there is one thing I am good at it is fluff posts!