Author Topic: ‘Navy Seal’ Vet That Praised Trump on Fox News Made Up Service History  (Read 646 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

‘Navy Seal’ Vet That Praised Trump on Fox News Made Up Service History
by Aidan McLaughlin | 9:37 am, October 20th, 2017

Last month, Fox News interviewed a “war hero” and glass artist who showed off a massive presidential seal he had crafted for President Donald Trump — but it turns out the man fabricated his entire military record.

John Garafalo — who told Fox News he was a decorated Vietnam War Navy SEAL — was featured in an October 8 segment in which he delivered an emotional recounting of his service, doled out praise for the president, and brandished his medals — which included two “Purple Hearts.”

more
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/navy-seal-vet-that-praised-trump-on-fox-news-made-up-service-history/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Look, the USN SEALs are extremely jealous of their "brand" and reputation and rightfully so. 

All any group that is "entertaining" the idea of having a claimed SEAL would need to do is reach out to them and ask them to verify and individual's claims.

https://sofrep.com/4789/the-scourge-of-navy-seal-imposters-part-2/

"...or a verification from the Naval Special Warfare Center in Coronado, California Public Affairs Office."
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Dude crapped on a totally honorable 4 year career in the Navy.  smh
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

Whoa.  This is despicable.   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Suppressed

Fox News was reportedly contacted a number of times over the false report, but it was not until the Navy Times story that the network addressed it.

You don't say...
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Concerned

I wonder if the President will weigh in on this bit of fake news?  Yeah, I guess not.

***jimney
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

This is very common. I never understand how these guys think that they won't get caught, especially if you go on TV.

Much harder to get away with it these days. Too easy to verify.

The weirdest ones, or the boldest ones, are the people who try to lie to the V.A. or the DOD about their service. You would think nobody could be that stupid, but it happens all the time.

As far as wearing undeserved medals, especially a purple heart, that's just something that is beyond description. I simply don't understand the mindset. I don't get these people. How can they live with themselves?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
This is very common. I never understand how these guys think that they won't get caught, especially if you go on TV.

Much harder to get away with it these days. Too easy to verify.

The weirdest ones, or the boldest ones, are the people who try to lie to the V.A. or the DOD about their service. You would think nobody could be that stupid, but it happens all the time.

As far as wearing undeserved medals, especially a purple heart, that's just something that is beyond description. I simply don't understand the mindset. I don't get these people. How can they live with themselves?

The stolen valor types are always SEALs or Delta too... you never hear of anyone saying they were 31K or 91B (dog handler or tire changer).

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The stolen valor types are always SEALs or Delta too... you never hear of anyone saying they were 31K or 91B (dog handler or tire changer).

@AbaraXas

John Kerry on both counts. On the one hand, he gave himself a medal that does not exit. If I remember correctly it was something like he gave himself a medal of valor with an oak leaf. And there is no such medal.

Also, he claimed to be 'Black Ops' working with the CIA, doing solo missions Cambodia. All of it is bullshit, of course. He is a liar. And even though he served in combat as a PT boat Captain, he still has some kind of need for stolen valor. I guess that's not enough for him.

But yeah you're right. Apparently there were no cooks or shipping clerks in VietNam. Everyone there was either a SEAL or a Green Baret or doing Black Ops with the CIA.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.