Author Topic: Erdogan in Warsaw tells EU: Stop leading us by the nose  (Read 377 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Erdogan in Warsaw tells EU: Stop leading us by the nose
« on: October 20, 2017, 06:12:39 am »
By Barbara Bodalska

Erdoğan, who was on a visit to Warsaw, called on Brussels to make clear declarations whether or not the EU wants Turkey to join the community.

Poland is the first EU member state to host the Turkish leader after the unsuccessful coup attempt in Turkey last July.

Duda: Poland supports Turkish EU membership

Duda expressed hopes that the paths of Turkey and the EU “will continue to strive in the same direction”, which in the end will lead to “a full membership in the EU”. “Poland has continued to support Turkey’s efforts to join the European Union, as Turkey has had these aspirations for many years now,” he said.

As the president said, Poland backs Turkey’s European aspirations because the country “has been running for this membership for a long time” [the first official request was issued in 1963] and it is “a crucial partner of the European Union when it comes to European security”.

“I don’t think it needs to be explained to anyone what important role Turkey plays today when it comes to its geopolitical location or its potential – both economically and militarily,” Duda told reporters.

Both presidents agreed that Ukraine has to restore its territorial integrity and Russian aggression on Ukraine must come to an end. Duda added that he also counts on Turkey when it comes to strengthening the Eastern flank of NATO.

http://www.euractiv.com/section/global-europe/news/erdogan-in-warsaw-tells-eu-stop-leading-us-by-the-nose/
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline Suppressed

Re: Erdogan in Warsaw tells EU: Stop leading us by the nose
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 07:51:56 am »
Then stop acting like a jackass.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 07:59:01 am »
Then stop acting like a jackass.

I'd say one more outburst like this leads to a NATO ouster.

I'd say a lot of the toe hold the muzzies have in Europe has a Turkish scent to it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 08:05:31 am »
I'd say one more outburst like this leads to a NATO ouster.

I'd say a lot of the toe hold the muzzies have in Europe has a Turkish scent to it.

The German Air Force left Turkey several weeks ago. We are the only power left there.The worse thing is we store our nuclear weapons stored there.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome