Author Topic: Polar Bears Hold Russian Town of 600 Hostage  (Read 791 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Polar Bears Hold Russian Town of 600 Hostage
« on: October 19, 2017, 10:23:22 pm »
dailycaller
Chris White
Energy Reporter
5:03 PM 10/19/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/19/polar-bears-are-literally-holding-this-russian-town-hostage/

A large group of aggressive polar bears are holding 600 people hostage in a small coastal town in Russia after feasting on the dead carcasses of a nearby colony of walruses.

Local officials believe the polar bears, a specie known for its intelligence, forced hundreds of walruses to jump off 125ft cliffs to their deaths. Twenty of the bears are now surrounding the coastal area of Ryrkaypiy.

“Around 20 polar bears remain practically next to the village,” Viktor Nikiforov, the head of WWF project Polar Bear Patrol, told reporters Thursday. “This autumn the situation is alarming.”
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline dfwgator

Re: Polar Bears Hold Russian Town of 600 Hostage
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 10:26:28 pm »
Why don't they just buy a Nissan Leaf so that the Polar Bears will give them a hug?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 10:29:48 pm »
Any idea where this village is on a map of Russia?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 10:36:03 pm »
Any idea where this village is on a map of Russia?

No, but I can offer a solution.

Harris Bipod, Spotting Scope, half a dozen boxes of .375 H&H, (270gr spire point or 300gr round nose) Leupold 2X7 Scope, Turnbolt of your choice.

And when you're done with the bears you can deal with the WWF.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 10:40:37 pm »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 10:41:48 pm »
No, but I can offer a solution.

Harris Bipod, Spotting Scope, half a dozen boxes of .375 H&H, (270gr spire point or 300gr round nose) Leupold 2X7 Scope, Turnbolt of your choice.

And when you're done with the bears you can deal with the WWF.

Whatever that means..........  :shrug:

For anyone interested, it's very far east in Russia, on the north coast of the Chukchi Sea, right across from Alaska.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 10:45:55 pm »
Whatever that means..........  :shrug:

For anyone interested, it's very far east in Russia, on the north coast of the Chukchi Sea, right across from Alaska.

What it means is, as Robert Ruark put it, "Use Enough Gun"

And the 120 rounds for 20 bears means you do not want your position over run by these things, so be prepared.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 10:47:01 pm »
What it means is, as Robert Ruark put it, "Use Enough Gun"

And the 120 rounds for 20 bears means you do not want your position over run by these things, so be prepared.

All I wanted to know was where the town is.....   :shrug:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 08:56:21 am »
Give the polar bears a Coke.  This time of year they are on the cans and bottles...

As much as I love polar bears, I don't think I'd want one in my back yard. But the babies are so cute.

Remember Knut?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️