Author Topic: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left  (Read 47344 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left
« Reply #625 on: October 18, 2017, 11:15:50 pm »
@musiclady
You're welcome!

All I know otherwise is that if I built a music library based on popular opinion, I wouldn't have a lick
of my two favourite musics (blues and jazz) in it. (My music library is dominated equally by both.)
Not to mention not a lot of soul music and maybe not a lot of world/ethnic music. (I'm a freak for
Indian, Native American, and some African music, too.)

Ain't that the truth!  Maybe part of your perceptiveness on this subject (and hopefully mine?) is that we are musicians who specialize in music that is NOT popular.

In fact, I have eschewed popularity since I was old enough to know what it meant.  So perhaps that's part of the reason I resist the urge to support candidate who's basing his/her campaign on public opinion, and not principle.

(Not particularly fond of Native American music other than the flutes.  ^-^)

@EasyAce
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 11:17:59 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #626 on: October 18, 2017, 11:28:33 pm »
Ain't that the truth!  Maybe part of your perceptiveness on this subject (and hopefully mine?) is that we are musicians who specialize in music that is NOT popular.

In fact, I have eschewed popularity since I was old enough to know what it meant.  So perhaps that's part of the reason I resist the urge to support candidate who's basing his/her campaign on public opinion, and not principle.

(Not particularly fond of Native American music other than the flutes.  ^-^)

@EasyAce
@musiclady
Once upon a time, William Jennings Bryan, considered at times to be a populist hero of a sort, said
this: The people of Nebraska are for free silver and therefore I am for free silver. I shall determine
what it means later.
Bryan, of course, ran for the presidency three times and lost, which may say
something for a periodic residual wisdom within "the people"---if not something against a man who
appears, as Bryan did with such a remark, lacking in the ability to think for and by himself.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #627 on: October 18, 2017, 11:31:55 pm »

I know, I hate it when the conservative doesn't win.

You've got that right, conservatism is proven by words.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #628 on: October 18, 2017, 11:37:20 pm »
You've got that right, conservatism is proven by words.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #629 on: October 18, 2017, 11:48:51 pm »
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

I'm kind of a "deeds" guy, myself.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #630 on: October 18, 2017, 11:51:08 pm »
I'm kind of a "deeds" guy, myself.
@Cyber Liberty
You've been to Washington, then, Mr. Deeds . . . :p

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #631 on: October 18, 2017, 11:53:31 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

:laugh:

Been to DeeCee a few times.  Don't trust any of those bastids!   :tongue2: :chairbang:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #632 on: October 18, 2017, 11:56:26 pm »

Been to DeeCee a few times.  Don't trust any of those bastids!   :tongue2: :chairbang:
:beer:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #633 on: October 19, 2017, 12:06:42 am »
@Cyber Liberty

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #634 on: October 19, 2017, 12:15:56 am »

Make America "great" again? How about making America America again?

That was a brilliant post.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #635 on: October 19, 2017, 12:46:53 am »
Having thrown out our core foundations as a people and a culture, only ruin lies ahead of us.  The further this culture gets away from God and the Bible as a society, the further into tyranny we will go. 

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Horatio G. Spafford, March 17, 1814

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes.
-Thomas Jefferson to Alexander von Humboldt, Dec. 6, 1813.

Liberty as intended for us, is a construct of biblical morality and more secular and hedonist we go - the greater despotism we will suffer.   If you read the Founders - you would find a commonality in their warnings about keeping a republic: if this people will not be governed by God, they will be ruled by the tyranny of men.  We are already comfortable with that, and more than half the population sees government as their god.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between church and State.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Danbury Baptist Association, CT., Jan. 1, 1802

We are not going to become 'stronger than before' having discarded our only sure foundation for liberty's existence.  Not unless you want to throw empire and rulers by force as a measure of greatness.

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

Where do you come up with this shit?  Where did I say anything about political discourse being healthy?  I'm simply telling you that your party is dead is to me and as corrupt and Statist as the Democrat Party.  How is that declaring political discourse unhealthy?

Look pal, it was the TRUMP fanatics who threatened us with hanging or firing squad for treason simply because of our refusal to vote for Trump or our criticisms of him - so if you want to tackle the subject of unhealthy political discourse - you can start there. 

Knock yourself out.  I'm done practicing insanity and want nothing to do with your party or anyone running in it.

Your party is already corrupted, compromised and taken over by statists who rewrote the rules at the last two conventions to prevent any possible change in the Leftist-Compromise direction of your party.  The Republican Party is already the party of Big Brother. 

You simply refuse to see it.

Oh the moral narcissism of it all....the surety of your own moral code being superior to the rest of us. Its breathtaking, a fine example of what is the opposite of Jesus teaching about humility. But that aside, just plain full of self righteousnes, self promotion, and a little butthurt over your guy Ted not winning the nomination. This isn't about god or morality...its about you and your feelings.

The basis of our freedom is common law, as Jefferson....our pre-eminent Founding Father...makes crystal clear. As for god and the bible and society...well...the teachings of Jesus are marvelous. That of many of his followers...not so much. Christianity in practice during its 1700 years of prominence has oppressed ....under the guidance of men ranging from Theodosius to Torquemada to the Borgia popes...free thought and freedom in general. The church has been an almost unrelenting force opposing freedom of thought and deed. Men like Galileo, Da Vinci, Newton, Hypatia, Sir Francis Bacon, Giordano Bruno, Copernicus, Kepler were all suppressed and in some cases murdered by Christianity.

As one very godly, brave and brilliant man once said... "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

I let Thomas Jefferson argue my case above...seemed fitting to let our greatest Founding Father handle this topic.

Christianity in the right hands can be a powerful force for good...a call to love and kindness in the world. Sadly, this has rarely been the case and it most certainly has not been a force moving societies towards democracy and personal freedoms. Thus, while they were Christians, the FF's for the most part were scornful of "institutions" of religion, be they Christian or otherwise..and its why many of them considered themselves Deists.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 01:18:31 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #636 on: October 19, 2017, 12:51:19 am »
Oh the moral narcissism of it all....the surety of your own moral code being superior to the rest of us. Its breathtaking, a fine example of what is the opposite of Jesus teaching about humility. But that aside, just plain full of self righteousnes, self promotion, and a little butthurt over your guy Ted not winning the nomination. This isn't about god or morality...its about you and your feelings.

The basis of our freedom is common law, as Jefferson....our pre-eminent Founding Father...makes crystal clear. As for god and the bible and society...well...the teachings of Jesus are marvelous. That of many of his followers...not so much. Christianity in practice during its 1700 years of prominence has oppressed ....under the guidance of men ranging from Theodosius to Torquemada to the Borgia popes...free thought and freedom in general. The church has been an almost unrelenting force opposing freedom of thought and deed. Men like Galileo, Da Vinci, Newton, Hypatia, Sir Francis Bacon, Giordano Bruno, Copernicus, Kepler were all suppressed and in some cases murdered by Christianity.

As one very godly, brave and brilliant man once said... "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Christianity in the right hands can be a powerful force for good...a call to love and kindness in the world. Sadly, this has rarely been the case and it most certainly has not been a force moving societies towards democracy and personal freedoms. Thus, while they were Christians, the FF's for the most part were scornful of "institutions" of religion, be they Christian or otherwise..and its why many of them considered themselves Deists.

And as usual, Christianity feeds millions of hungry, daily, and clothes them and without it, we'd all be bowing to Mecca but carry on.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #637 on: October 19, 2017, 12:56:54 am »
And as usual, Christianity feeds millions of hungry, daily, and clothes them and without it, we'd all be bowing to Mecca but carry on.

Christianity in the right hands can be a powerful force for good...a call to love and kindness in the world.

Repeated the above line...in case you missed it.

The rest of what I stated is simply the history of the church and of Christianity generally...albeit, by necessity, a very partial history. There are many positive contributions...that stem from the teachings of Jesus. Far less, that stem from the Church and the "structure" that dominated Christianit in the past. In this modern era, the Church HAS become much more of a force for good and charity...whereas Islam has descended to savagery and moral blindness. No doubt of that and not a point of contention with me.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #638 on: October 19, 2017, 01:45:27 am »
Oh the moral narcissism of it all....the surety of your own moral code being superior to the rest of us.

I just love it when a seared conscience has to lash out with insults and condescension as some kind of rebuttal.  Thanks for the confirmation.

Its breathtaking, a fine example of what is the opposite of Jesus teaching about humility.

Chapter and verse from Yeshua about humility please?   You know nothing of the biblical Christ outside of that which you have constructed in your own imagination per past discussions. And no, I have no intention of debating a willful instrument of the god of this age and his wisdom which you like to dispense with great condescension in order to loft yourself up upon  your own intellect and self importance.

But that aside, just plain full of self righteousnes, self promotion, and a little butthurt over your guy Ted not winning the nomination. This isn't about god or morality...its about you and your feelings.

Well thanks anyway for your wrong diagnosis Doctor, if I needed a shrink it certainly wouldn't be you I would be trusting.  But I know you think public attempts to diagnose me as mentally deficient lofts you up to some kind of higher caste status in your mind - but sadly all you have done is illustrate projection in terms of all that humility you insist I lack.

I'm not interested in what Gandhi had to say about Christianity after his treatment in Africa as some kind of moniker that invalidates scripture. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 01:46:52 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #639 on: October 19, 2017, 02:00:40 am »

:beer: 888high58888
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #640 on: October 19, 2017, 02:26:16 am »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #641 on: October 19, 2017, 03:00:04 am »
I just love it when a seared conscience has to lash out with insults and condescension as some kind of rebuttal.  Thanks for the confirmation.

Chapter and verse from Yeshua about humility please?   You know nothing of the biblical Christ outside of that which you have constructed in your own imagination per past discussions. And no, I have no intention of debating a willful instrument of the god of this age and his wisdom which you like to dispense with great condescension in order to loft yourself up upon  your own intellect and self importance.

Wishful thinking on your part, but feel free to rationalize whatever you'd like from your imagination. I spent years in close correspondence with Bishop Shelby Spong and nearly went to seminary myself, I've read and studied all of Jesus teachings in depth. Jesus message as a whole is about love and humility...by looking for chapter and verse to find this you are looking for trees while unable to note the forest.

Well thanks anyway for your wrong diagnosis Doctor, if I needed a shrink it certainly wouldn't be you I would be trusting.  But I know you think public attempts to diagnose me as mentally deficient lofts you up to some kind of higher caste status in your mind - but sadly all you have done is illustrate projection in terms of all that humility you insist I lack.

You use christianity and the bible as a weapon...a tool to judge others and a bludgeon with which to elevate yourself and demean those with whom you disagree...much like the Pharisees of old in method. As a humble follower of Jesus teachings, its encumbent on me to counter that kind of anti-Jesus message. Further, one does not find god in a book..any book including the bible, though much wisdom CAN be found...But god is found as stated by this disciple;
"The Kingdom of God is inside you and all around you
Not in a mansion of wood and stone
Split a piece of wood and I am there
Lift a stone and you will find me."

I'm not interested in what Gandhi had to say about Christianity after his treatment in Africa as some kind of moniker that invalidates scripture.

Au contraire, he validates Jesus himself...what could be more holy and right. And a man who can't see wisdom in the life and words of Gandhi is blind to that which is divine.

Fear based theology is the creation of men, not god, and throwing it continuously into a political discussion to make your point is...disingenuous.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #642 on: October 19, 2017, 04:06:57 am »
You use christianity and the bible as a weapon

It is the sword of truth "For the word of God is quick and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart." - Hebrews 4:12

Fear based theology is the creation of men, not god, and throwing it continuously into a political discussion to make your point is...disingenuous.

I was paraphrasing the Founders and their letters and warnings regarding upholding liberty and a republic on this thread.  I posted those quotes directly before and got the same response from you then.

As usual, you dismissed them wholesale and found those points offensive and decided to chuck out every out-of-context quote you could find that would illustrate our forbears as hostile to biblical Christianity, just as you are.

You're just a willing tool of the god of this age, and as you demonstrated before and yet again here, you profess yourself wise and 'enlightened' - deeming to educate us lesser castes of the divinity of the gods of your imagination and books unfounded as canon and quotes from Hindus as your scriptures.

Not interested in anything you have to say and I dismiss everything you have to post.

I know what spirit you speak from.  It is not one I will listen to.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #643 on: October 19, 2017, 12:31:16 pm »

I know what spirit you speak from.  It is not one I will listen to.

Of course you don’t listen, if you did the cognitive dissonance would be ear shattering for you. As for the “spirit” I speak from, I draw from “wicked” men like Gandhi, Buddha, Jesus, Locke, Maimonides
, Averroes, Plato, and Thomas Jefferson. All men of great intellect and in most cases of tremendous spiritual wisdom. Far more godly men than you or I. I can see how that would disturb you to the point of “not listening”, but a closed mind is the hallmark of fanaticism, not spirituality.

Simply quoting Old Testament gobbledygook...as if it is anything but the cultural perspective of a few Jewish authors of that era, conveys nothing of god. Unless, that is, like many Muslims in the 3rd world today, you believe gays and adulterers should be stoned and that eating shellfish is prohibited by god. Not to mention other absurdities about the world being 5000 years old, a world wide flood, and god turning women into salt pillars for peaking when they shouldn’t....and that’s not even discussing god directed massacres of women and children.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 12:45:20 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #644 on: October 19, 2017, 12:53:37 pm »
but a closed mind is the hallmark of fanaticism, not spirituality.

Unlike you, I do not open my mind so wide as to let my brain fall out.

But, Jesus prophesied of people like you in this age, and the Disciples more than warned about you and the times in which you prosper.

Not interested in considering your 'wisdom' whatsoever or whom you deem 'Godly', because there is none under Heaven whom is 'good' or 'Godly', as such a view eliminates the need for a Savior. All you have done is made yourself god in your own eyes. 

No thanks.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 12:54:37 pm by INVAR »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #645 on: October 19, 2017, 12:58:32 pm »
but a closed mind is the hallmark of fanaticism, not spirituality.

Says a rabid blind fanatical Trump supporter.

Pot meet kettle.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #646 on: October 19, 2017, 01:11:54 pm »
Says a rabid blind fanatical Trump supporter.

Pot meet kettle.

That’s funny. I started as a Rubio guy, and shifted to Trump as it became clear no one else had both the guts to stand up to the Left AND the capacity to win. I see all of his flaws, his ego...his blowhard twitter addiction, his self interest, his lack of any ability to constrain his impulsive use of language, his crudeness at times...but the times we are in, and the rabid Socialism we face, call for a “mauler” rather than a “socialite”. So I SEE the whole man, but have the brains to see that with all of those flaws....sometimes because of them...he is the right man to push the conservative agenda forward.

If that’s what you call blind...well...you’re just using hyperbole that is plain wrong. This picture you WANT to be true of those who support President Trump, exists only in your imagination...outside if the rare nut jobs that EVERY candidate has somewhere amongst their supporters (for example the Cruz supporters who thought him the “chosen” one).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 01:12:19 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #647 on: October 19, 2017, 01:29:56 pm »
Populism is by definition unprincipled, it is based on whatever the masses want. ....

So, you're saying Ronald Reagan was unprincipled.

Fascinating.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #648 on: October 19, 2017, 01:34:18 pm »
So, you're saying Ronald Reagan was unprincipled.

Fascinating.

What's fascinating is that you would make that leap of illogic.  Why would you do that?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #649 on: October 19, 2017, 01:36:28 pm »
What's fascinating is that you would make that leap of illogic.  Why would you do that?

It's to smear either Reagan or @EasyAce.  Maybe both. 
I will NOT comply.