Author Topic: Medical groups angry after Trump loosens insurance rules  (Read 573 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Medical groups angry after Trump loosens insurance rules
« on: October 13, 2017, 12:31:19 am »
Medical groups angry after Trump loosens insurance rules
by Robert King | Oct 12, 2017, 5:41 PM

President Trump's effort to loosen federal rules to expand use of cheap, lower-quality health plans is drawing complaints from several major medical groups who fear the move will hurt the implementation of Obamacare.

The American Hospital Association and a collection of 18 groups — including the American Heart Association, March of Dimes and the American Cancer Society's lobbying arm— opposed the executive order that Trump signed Thursday. Behind the criticism is a fear that the order's embrace of short-term and association health plans could destabilize Obamacare's marketplaces and endanger protections for people with pre-existing conditions like cancer.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/medical-groups-angry-after-trump-loosens-insurance-rules/article/2637359
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fantom

Re: Medical groups angry after Trump loosens insurance rules
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 12:36:15 am »

Because...choice is always a bad thing right? 

Hey, if they like their obamacare they can keep their obamacare.  The American thing is to allow freedom..freedom of choice.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 12:44:51 am »
Guess they don't like free markets!  Who knew?  /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 12:53:09 am »
Gee, I wonder why the healthcare industry would be against people being freed of expensive plans that they are forced to buy by government...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 12:55:25 am »
They're just upset because this moves away from those damn "essential health benefits".... and gives the individual many more choices.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 01:17:28 am »
They're just upset because this moves away from those damn "essential health benefits".... and gives the individual many more choices.

Right! Can't have people making choices based on their particular needs!  That's downright unamerican!  /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 02:57:44 am »
The vid heading the article?

When I watched it the 2nd vid on the autoplay was about Trump sitting through the lowering of the flag as our military saluted it at day's end, Specifically to call him 'Ignorant'.

Nope, no such thing as MSM bias.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 08:39:46 am »
If the 8 million people who cannot afford the new plans, (make too much but not enough), who lost the health insurance they had because of Obamacare all picked a day to clog ERs and not pay, maybe the tune would change. But so many of those people are middle class, conservative, and responsible folks who would not take so much as a chance of causing mayhem some place others' lives are likely to be on the line, that that just won't happen.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis