Author Topic: Pelosi urges new law to limit president's use of nuclear weapons  (Read 473 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi urges new law to limit president's use of nuclear weapons
By Mike Lillis - 10/12/17 03:15 PM EDT

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is pressing Congress to bar the president from using nuclear weapons unless the United States is attacked first.

“I put this in the category of ‘urgent,’ ” Pelosi said Thursday during a press briefing in the Capitol. “We each take an oath to protect and defend.”

Pelosi said her promotion of the nuclear “first-use” concept has nothing to do with the volatility surrounding President Trump, whose saber-rattling with North Korea and threat to scrap a nuclear deal with Iran have raised plenty of concerns on both sides of the aisle.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/355186-pelosi-urges-new-law-to-limit-presidents-use-of-nuclear-weapons
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Pelosi urges new law to limit president's use of nuclear weapons
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 10:50:28 pm »
Because we need congress to assemble and argue over whether to retaliate...if we can find all the bits to assemble them... *****rollingeyes*****
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 10:54:40 pm »
They can't pass a budget but they want the button to the nukes. Eff you Pelosi you rotten old whore.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 01:46:17 am »
I could be wrong, but hasn't it always been the policy of the United States (regarding the use of nuclear weapons) that we do not renounce "a first strike" ?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 02:49:41 am »
They can't pass a budget but they want the button to the nukes. Eff you Pelosi you rotten old whore.

Frank, I usually get a smile from you.

But this time I couldn't have phrased it better myself.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 02:53:45 am »
They can't pass a budget but they want the button to the nukes. Eff you Pelosi you rotten senile old whore.

Fixed it for you!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien