Author Topic: Why taking the knee stomps on my foot  (Read 444 times)

Offline bilo

Why taking the knee stomps on my foot
« on: October 09, 2017, 06:02:25 pm »
In high school, I enlisted in the Army and served in the 25th Infantry Division. I never went to war, but I served alongside some real heroes and grew deeply loyal to the service of those who fought and died. To me, as you might guess, the United States flag and National Anthem represent solemn reverence to combat veterans, the fallen and their families.

So to me, even as a lifelong football fan, it seems pretty normal to find something offensive about players continuing to take the knee during the anthem, especially after so many people have made clear how uncomfortable it makes them feel. After all, if you walk up to me and stomp on my foot, I’ll give you a pass if you say it was an accident. You don’t even have to apologize. But the second time you do it, I know that you know that you hurt my foot when you stomped on it. Yet you’ve chosen to hurt my foot again and again, so that speaks volumes about you.

https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2017/10/taking-knee-stomps-foot/
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Re: Why taking the knee stomps on my foot
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 06:12:36 pm »
After all, if you walk up to me and stomp on my foot, I’ll give you a pass if you say it was an accident. You don’t even have to apologize. But the second time you do it, I know that you know that you hurt my foot when you stomped on it. Yet you’ve chosen to hurt my foot again and again, so that speaks volumes about you.

I couldn't say it better.

I'm surprised that not watching the NFL is getting easier and easier. I used to really enjoy the game, but it's become like going to the movies. I stopped going to the movies because the actors became so consumed in promoting their radical leftism I couldn't forget it when they were playing a part in a movie and it became unenjoyable. The football players have done the same thing with their protests and the owners for tolerating it.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 06:47:11 pm »
Indeed. These protesters keep saying it's not supposed to be an insult to the flag or veterans, yet even after they were informed of how disrespectful their actions are, they kept doing it AND had the gall to keep repeating that it's not. That's even worse than the protest itself.

It's a typical progressive mentality, where unintended consequences don't exist.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 06:58:24 pm »
I don't like it because it's the old lefty switcharoo scam. Seeing black players getting paid millions while saying there's some pervasive institutional oppression in American doesn't fly.

What they are really trying to do is keep resurrecting old bogeymen from bygone days and leverage that oppression - that they never experienced - into racial dominance and separatism. They are so far off the deep end with it that they're even discriminating against their Caribbean and African cousins in outright displays of xenophobia.

It's even more insulting that the keep this old Jesse Jackson 70's era black-white model when they well know we've had tens of millions of immigrants of all stripes since then, and they aren't even the dominant minority anymore. It's just a big old lefty activist grift for more money and power, because they know full well they aren't the top of the minority heap anymore, and they don't like it.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 07:03:47 pm »
I couldn't say it better.

I'm surprised that not watching the NFL is getting easier and easier. I used to really enjoy the game, but it's become like going to the movies. I stopped going to the movies because the actors became so consumed in promoting their radical leftism I couldn't forget it when they were playing a part in a movie and it became unenjoyable. The football players have done the same thing with their protests and the owners for tolerating it.

Same thing goes for me and NASCAR. Two, maybe three years ago, you could have easily predicted where I'd be - Right in my chair with a big jug of sweet tea and a bag of puffy Cheetos (slightly stale). It would be a amazement to me if you had predicted then that I would soon go the whole year long not only not watching NASCAR, but not even caring about it at all.

They flat jumped the shark. Now they are nothing.