Author Topic: Confederate monument removal costs piling up for cities  (Read 1251 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Confederate monument removal costs piling up for cities
« on: October 06, 2017, 01:48:43 pm »
As cities across the country continue to debate and, in some cases, remove Confederate monuments from their municipalities, the costs are piling up for taxpayers.

In San Antonio, which removed its lone confederate monument last month from Travis Park, city officials found out Monday in a memo it cost $258,680 to take down that statue.

The memo, obtained by Fox San Antonio, showed it cost $147,775 for a third-party company to remove and transport the monument, $103,809 for police staffing, including officer overtime, fencing, barricades, and surveillance cameras. There was an additional charge of about $7,000 to cover replanting costs.

City officials told the television station that city council members originally approved $150,000 for the company to remove the statue, and that police staffing was already part of the department's annual budget.

Some city council members, however, felt they were misled by the final total of removal costs.

"Being told directly to my face by a city director that this was $150,000 and no more, then to see this -- I think that deserves further research,” Councilman Greg Brockhouse said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/06/confederate-monument-removal-costs-piling-up-for-cities.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
Re: Confederate monument removal costs piling up for cities
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 02:57:21 am »

Shhhh... don't tell the leftists...
there is a mountain range in far west Texas named after the President of the Confederacy.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 02:57:45 am by KingsX »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 02:05:24 pm »

Shhhh... don't tell the leftists...
there is a mountain range in far west Texas named after the President of the Confederacy.

And a Fort.  Been to both as a kid living out there.

God forbid the regents at UT-Austin find out their Observatory is located in said mountain range as well. LOL!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 04:58:13 pm »
The removal of the Lee statue in Dallas is addressed in the article and the amount of money to do so.

Dallas can't seem to pay it's police force properly. This sure makes sense to me, lol.

I did hear last week on the radio that there is a petition to recall the Dippy mayor. They need to recall the City Council as well, imho.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 09:33:12 pm »

And a Fort.  Been to both as a kid living out there.

God forbid the regents at UT-Austin find out their Observatory is located in said mountain range as well. LOL!

Yup... and a county of the same name.

I was born in west Texas.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 09:44:42 pm »

The removal of the Lee statue in Dallas is addressed in the article and the amount of money to do so.

Dallas can't seem to pay it's police force properly. This sure makes sense to me, lol.

I did hear last week on the radio that there is a petition to recall the Dippy mayor. They need to recall the City Council as well, imho.

General Lee would be happy to leave Lee Park in Dallas
which has become an infamous sodomite gathering place.

That's the irony of reprobates removing these last remnants
of what was once moral Christian society.  It's like that scene
in the movie, "Gone With the Wind"... Scarlet says she wants
retreating Confederate soldiers to hurry and leave... and Rhett
warns her to not be in such a hurry to see them leave... when
they leave, law and order leaves.

Offline berdie

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 01:01:28 am »

General Lee would be happy to leave Lee Park in Dallas
which has become an infamous sodomite gathering place.

That's the irony of reprobates removing these last remnants
of what was once moral Christian society.  It's like that scene
in the movie, "Gone With the Wind"... Scarlet says she wants
retreating Confederate soldiers to hurry and leave... and Rhett
warns her to not be in such a hurry to see them leave... when
they leave, law and order leaves.

A very good point. Several good points, actually.

When I saw the news footage of the Lee statue on a flatbed being hauled off..of course it made me sad. But almost immediately "This Is Where The Cowboy Rides Away" started playing on the jukebox in my mind. :)

Offline KingsX

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 01:20:00 am »

A very good point. Several good points, actually.

When I saw the news footage of the Lee statue on a flatbed being hauled off..of course it made me sad. But almost immediately "This Is Where The Cowboy Rides Away" started playing on the jukebox in my mind. :)

We are now living in what one reporter recently called a "post-Christian world" which
aptly describes the evil antichrist world order that exists before the return of Christ.
So it is quite ironic antichrists are targeting our Christian forefathers who now await
their resurrection at the return of Christ.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 01:35:59 am »

I'm waiting for leftists to ban the Texas flag as racist.

1837, the year after Texas became independent, the Republic of Texas enacted anti-miscegenation laws.  Texas had anti-miscegenation laws until the USSC declared those state laws unconstitutional in 1967.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 01:50:23 am »

I'm waiting for leftists to ban the Texas flag as racist.

1837, the year after Texas became independent, the Republic of Texas enacted anti-miscegenation laws.  Texas had anti-miscegenation laws until the USSC declared those state laws unconstitutional in 1967.

Give it time.  They're working on that.  Right now...besides the statues...the Libs in Texas are trying to make Santa Ana look more sympathetic in 7th Grade Texas History.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 02:13:00 am »

Give it time.  They're working on that.  Right now...besides the statues...the Libs in Texas are trying to make Santa Ana look more sympathetic in 7th Grade Texas History.

It's no longer the wonderful Texas where I grew up...
and I blame ALL Texas leaders for either doing evil...
or allowing evil to run amok.

Check this out...  I posted this recently on another topic.

Back when Kay Bailey Hutchison was Texas senator, she would put Col Travis' famous letter from the Alamo [letter appealing for assistance fighting against the Mexican army] into the Congressional Record every year on Texas Independence Day.  So I sent her a comment against the illegal Mexican demographic army that is pouring over the border and received a totally unrelated form letter in return. So I wrote her again with my original comment and said her office had sent the wrong form letter.  Get this... I received another wrong form letter a second time.  I could hardly believe the incompetence of her staff. So I called her Austin office and a Mexican woman speaking broken English answered the phone!!   I am not joking... this outrageous irony really happened.  Col Travis [who died a martyr at the Alamo] would be rolling in his grave !!