Author Topic: A GOP congressman is resigning amid scandal after he urged mistress to get an abortion  (Read 828 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

A GOP congressman is resigning amid scandal after he urged mistress to get an abortion
Business Insider, Oct 5, 2017

Pennsylvania Rep. Tim Murphy will resign October 21, House Speaker Paul Ryan announced in a statement Thursday afternoon.

"This afternoon I received a letter of resignation from Congressman Tim Murphy, effective  October 21," Ryan said.  "It was Dr. Murphy's decision to move on to the next chapter of his life, and I support it. We thank him for his many years of tireless work on mental health issues here in Congress and his service to the country as a naval reserve officer."

Murphy's resignation comes in the wake of a  report detailing an affair with a woman, whom he told needed to have an abortion.

More:   http://www.businessinsider.com/gop-rep-tim-murphy-resigning-mistress-abortion-2017-10

Offline DiogenesLamp

A GOP congressman is resigning amid scandal after he urged mistress to get an abortion
Business Insider, Oct 5, 2017

Pennsylvania Rep. Tim Murphy will resign October 21, House Speaker Paul Ryan announced in a statement Thursday afternoon.

"This afternoon I received a letter of resignation from Congressman Tim Murphy, effective  October 21," Ryan said.  "It was Dr. Murphy's decision to move on to the next chapter of his life, and I support it. We thank him for his many years of tireless work on mental health issues here in Congress and his service to the country as a naval reserve officer."

Murphy's resignation comes in the wake of a  report detailing an affair with a woman, whom he told needed to have an abortion.

More:   http://www.businessinsider.com/gop-rep-tim-murphy-resigning-mistress-abortion-2017-10

And he thought he might get away with waiting till his term was over.   No dude,  you screwed the pooch on this one. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Liberty rating of F 45%.... sounds like he will not be missed.

https://www.conservativereview.com/scorecard?party=&chamber=&state=PA
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Hoodat

The unspoken truth about abortion.  It's for empowering men - not women.

If she had only gotten the abortion like he told her, he could still be in Congress.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

Liberty rating of F 45%.... sounds like he will not be missed.

https://www.conservativereview.com/scorecard?party=&chamber=&state=PA

Murphy was supposedly pro-life.  But in the end he was just another liberal Republican.  Not surprising.  There are plenty of liberal Republicans in Pennsylvania. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Murphy was supposedly pro-life.  But in the end he was just another liberal Republican.  Not surprising.  There are plenty of liberal Republicans in Pennsylvania.

Well he was against abortion for everyone except his mistress.  Funny how things get shouted from the rooftops isn't it?  You can't hide.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

Looks like Murphy aborted himself.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Looks like Murphy aborted himself.

Looks like it.  He should have just admitted to the adultery and be a father.  One sin leads to another I guess.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.