Author Topic: Steelers LB Vince Williams to Fans Who Burned Their Jerseys: ‘If You Burned Your S**t, Don’t Buy It Back’  (Read 1596 times)

Offline thackney

Steelers LB Vince Williams to Fans Who Burned Their Jerseys: ‘If You Burned Your S**t, Don’t Buy It Back’
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/10/04/steelers-linebacker-vince-williams-fans-burned-jersey-if-burned-dont-buy-back/4 Oct 2017

Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Vince Williams doesn’t care if fans don’t like players protesting the national anthem. In fact, he told fans who burned their Steelers gear, not to bother coming back.
During the Steelers Week 3 game against the Chicago Bears at the end of September, the team seriously botched its response to President Donald Trump’s criticism of the NFL for continuing to allow the national anthem protests.

Whatever message the team ultimately meant to convey seemed to get lost in the controversy it spawned. The Steelers had vowed to stay in the locker room during the playing of the nation’s song, but one player, offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva, came out on the field, anyway, hand over heart in respect for country and flag.

Villanueva’s move infuriated coach Mike Tomlin and the next day Tomlin forced the player to come out and apologize for “unintentionally” taking the field to honor the anthem and for “embarrassing” the team....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline ConstitutionRose

"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline dfwgator

I only wish I had a jersey that I could burn.

Offline endicom

Earth to Williams, you're burning your s**t.

Offline Suppressed

GOOD!

Buying it back only helps support them.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Night Hides Not

No problem, Vince. My spare cash goes to Zag and Coppell Cowboys gear.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline RoosGirl

If only the gov't would take that advice.

Offline verga

When will these knuckle dragging neanderthals realize they need the fans a heck of a lot more than the fans need the NFL?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The NFL has bested MLB as most popular sport in the US for 33 years.

The NFL is now making a valiant effort to return to the no, 2 spot.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
When will these knuckle dragging neanderthals realize they need the fans a heck of a lot more than the fans need the NFL?
When their salaries get cut. But that won't happen until the TV contracts run out, if at all.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
They don't even seem to care. We hate whites, so burn it all down. When the league collapses, we'll go back to the ghetto and burn it down too.

There's no reasoning with the BLM crowd. It's just hate whitey, kill whitey, enslave whitey, make whitey into second class citizens, by any means necessary.
The Republic is lost.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ConstitutionRose

Ah!  The Princess Bride!!    :laugh:

Two generations of teenagers who can quote every word.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline musiclady

Two generations of teenagers who can quote every word.

And a lot of us really old folks as well.  :laugh:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Night Hides Not

And a lot of us really old folks as well.  :laugh:

Not me...I'm pretty good quoting from Blazing Saddles and Animal House, though.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
The NFL has bested MLB as most popular sport in the US for 33 years.

The NFL is now making a valiant effort to return to the no, 2 spot.

I have limited funds to spend on sporting events.  Due to the NFL players taking a knee, I will be buying hockey tickets instead.