Author Topic: CBS fires executive for 'deeply unacceptable' post after Vegas shooting  (Read 3238 times)

Offline the_doc

Re: CBS fires executive for 'deeply unacceptable' post after Vegas shooting
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2017, 09:49:29 pm »
In her mind, she probably sincerely believes she is in the right and those were saintly words.

I think you can drop the "probably."  Liberals rank among the most self-righteous people on the planet.  You can be that she DOES think she is right, DOES regard herself as saintly.

Her hatred of conservatives, rejoicing in their deaths, is not a whole lot different than the attitude of radical, self-righteous Muslims.  That attitude that they have in common is why the liberals practically adore Muslims (generally overlooking the fact that the jiahdists want to kill them, too).

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2017, 10:02:18 pm »
Bet they quietly re-hire her in a few months.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2017, 11:06:53 pm »
I'm no expert on this, but is it really fair to call what Jason Aldean, et al., do "country music?"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2017, 01:15:43 am »
I'm no expert on this, but is it really fair to call what Jason Aldean, et al., do "country music?"
If they are wearing cowboy hats, I reckon. I think that is the metric, anyway.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2017, 01:59:08 am »
She's baccccck, and now playing the victim card.

Fired CBS lawyer says she's getting harassed over anti-GOP comments
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/05/fired-cbs-lawyer-says-shes-getting-harassed-over-anti-gop-comments.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

Wishing people dead or thinking they deserve it is one step away from taking life.  This to me just shows how violent politics has become.  Liberals want us dead.

That is because liberals embrace the culture of death.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2017, 02:35:13 am »

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/05/fired-cbs-lawyer-says-shes-getting-harassed-over-anti-gop-comments.html

Gee, I was threatened on Facebook and no one cared.

Suck it up, sweetie.  Post on social media and be prepared for consequences.  That's what grownups do.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2017, 11:52:22 am »
Gee, I was threatened on Facebook and no one cared.

Suck it up, sweetie.  Post on social media and be prepared for consequences.  That's what grownups do.

These are the same people that made my life hell during my last two months of HS. My crime was to accept an Army ROTC scholarship. Most of the words thrown at me are unprintable. Living a good life has been the best revenge.

I also had teachers say to my face how "disappointed" they were in me for my decision. IOW, not much has changed over the past 45 years.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2017, 10:23:02 pm »

I see she finds reality a bit shocking.  Seems like the kind of person who has lived in such a narrow circle that she had NO idea there were those who would disagree with her.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2017, 10:30:23 pm »
I see she finds reality a bit shocking.  Seems like the kind of person who has lived in such a narrow circle that she had NO idea there were those who would disagree with her.

Well she did work fo SEE BS!  The only reason she got fired is that she posted it publicly and got caught.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2017, 11:13:03 pm »
These are the same people that made my life hell during my last two months of HS. My crime was to accept an Army ROTC scholarship. Most of the words thrown at me are unprintable. Living a good life has been the best revenge.

I also had teachers say to my face how "disappointed" they were in me for my decision. IOW, not much has changed over the past 45 years.

I qualified for OCS, one of my biggest regrets is not going.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
They actually do, @Chosen Daughter.  I honestly think that things are so divided in this country right now that hate is the dominant emotion on the left.

My son is a liberal and we do NOT talk politics but we talk everything else.  I was talking to him yesterday about the shootings and he started to say something, but then decided he'd better not ... because we do NOT go there.  I am wondering what he was going to say but I don't want to know.

He and his wife are the furthest things from haters possible.  They are helpers of the needy and dog rescuers.  I just wonder if he was gonna blame Trump somehow.

I have liberal family also.  We have learned from past mistakes at Christmas dinner and family gatherings.

This isn't just hate it is a desire for people to die that is what really gets me. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.