Author Topic: CBS fires executive for 'deeply unacceptable' post after Vegas shooting  (Read 3239 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
CBS fires executive for 'deeply unacceptable' post after Vegas shooting

CBS Corp. fired a vice president in business affairs Monday for comments she made on social media regarding the mass shooting at a country music festival in Las Vegas.

Hayley Geftman-Gold, wrote on her Facebook page that she was not sympathetic to victims of the shooting because, she claimed, most country music fans are Republican.

Geftman-Gold also wrote: “If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs will ever do the right thing. I’m actually not even sympathetic bc country music fans often are Republican gun toters.”

snip

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-las-vegas-shooting-live-updates-cbs-fires-executive-for-deeply-1506969657-htmlstory.html
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Almost as disgusting as Hillary blaming the NRA.

Offline Applewood

She was an executive.  Didn't she know that stuff you post on social media may have consequences?  And deleting your posts doesn't entirely erase them?  Not very bright.

Glad CBS did the right thing.

Offline Polly Ticks

What???  You mean there are limits to a person's right of free speech when it may reasonably reflect on his or her employer?  (Shhhh ... don't tell the NFL.)
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Kinda mind boggling that people think they can get away with such filth.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Kinda mind boggling that people think they can get away with such filth.

In her mind, she probably sincerely believes she is in the right and those were saintly words.

Offline goatprairie

In her mind, she probably sincerely believes she is in the right and those were saintly words.
She's the type of person the author of the line about "loving humanity but hating people" wrote about.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What???  You mean there are limits to a person's right of free speech when it may reasonably reflect on his or her employer?  (Shhhh ... don't tell the NFL.)

That's what I thought - they fired her because she's so abysmally stupid.

Offline Concerned

She may have had a morals clause in your contract (lots of executives do).  It gives the company the right to fire her if she does something that embarrasses the company.  It's often ultimately up to the company's judgment when and if they want to exercise this clause. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We all bleed red.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
CBS Legal Executive: Las Vegas Victims Had it Coming for Being “Republican Gun Toters”

Posted at 12:30 pm on October 2, 2017 by Brandon Morse

Sunday’s Las Vegas shooting has so far left over 50 dead and more than 500 injured, marking this as the most deadly shooting in modern history. However, according to a CBS legal executive, these victims had it coming.

As first reported by the Daily Caller, Hayley Geftman-Gold, a top legal executive at CBS, posted on Facebook that attendees of the country music concert had it coming, since country music fans are often Republican gun owners.

In Geftman-Gold’s post, she seemingly references Sandy Hook, which she blames on Republicans, and uses this as her reasoning that Jason Aldean fans deserved to be gunned down.

“If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs will ever do the right thing,” Geftman-Gold wrote on Facebook. “I’m actually not even sympathetic bc country fans often are Republican gun toters.”.......................

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2017/10/02/cbs-legal-executive-las-vegas-victims-coming-republican-gun-toters/

CBS fires Legal Exec.

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2017/10/02/cbs-fires-legal-exec-said-las-vegas-victims-deserved-shot/

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 12:49:47 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: CBS fires executive for 'deeply unacceptable' post after Vegas shooting
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 12:53:04 am »
She was an executive.  Didn't she know that stuff you post on social media may have consequences?  And deleting your posts doesn't entirely erase them?  Not very bright.

Not just an executive.  She was Senior Legal Counsel.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Chosen Daughter

Hard to comprehend the thought pattern of this woman.  I see everyone had just as much trouble as I did with this.  How do you respond to this?

Cold hearted woman.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 03:51:29 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Wishing people dead or thinking they deserve it is one step away from taking life.  This to me just shows how violent politics has become.  Liberals want us dead.

Offline ConstitutionRose

If you accept her mindset, you are only human if you agree with her.  Once a class of people are "not human", what next?
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
If you accept her mindset, you are only human if you agree with her.  Once a class of people are "not human", what next?

Exactly.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Here's her apology offered AFTER she was fired from her six figure job

“Earlier today I posted an indefensible post in a Facebook discussion thread concerning the tragic Las Vegas shooting, a statement I sincerely regret. I am deeply sorry for diminishing the significance of every life affected by Stephen Paddock’s terrorism last night and for the pain my words have inflicted on the loved ones of the victims. My shameful comments do not reflect the beliefs of my former employer, colleagues, family, and friends. Nor do they reflect my actual beliefs — this senseless violence warrants the deepest empathy. I understand and accept all consequences that my words have incurred.”
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/10/cbs_vice_president_who_threw_away_her_career_is_very_sorry_about_it.html#ixzz4uSPUYlCk

She is either genuinely sorry or just looking for another job for a tainted individual.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online cato potatoe

I sure hope the feds are keeping an eye on this witch.

Offline dfwgator

But....but.......there's no liberal bias in the media. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Wishing people dead or thinking they deserve it is one step away from taking life.  This to me just shows how violent politics has become.  Liberals want us dead.

They actually do, @Chosen Daughter.  I honestly think that things are so divided in this country right now that hate is the dominant emotion on the left.

My son is a liberal and we do NOT talk politics but we talk everything else.  I was talking to him yesterday about the shootings and he started to say something, but then decided he'd better not ... because we do NOT go there.  I am wondering what he was going to say but I don't want to know.

He and his wife are the furthest things from haters possible.  They are helpers of the needy and dog rescuers.  I just wonder if he was gonna blame Trump somehow.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
They actually do, @Chosen Daughter.  I honestly think that things are so divided in this country right now that hate is the dominant emotion on the left.

My son is a liberal and we do NOT talk politics but we talk everything else.  I was talking to him yesterday about the shootings and he started to say something, but then decided he'd better not ... because we do NOT go there.  I am wondering what he was going to say but I don't want to know.

He and his wife are the furthest things from haters possible.  They are helpers of the needy and dog rescuers.  I just wonder if he was gonna blame Trump somehow.

I posted this story to my facebook and was immediately and viciously attacked by an old friend who is liberal.   Posting the story was considered worse then her saying it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Deli co-owner regrets 'dumb' tweet about Las Vegas shooting
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2017, 08:45:31 pm »
Related: Deli co-owner regrets 'dumb' tweet about Las Vegas shooting

Karen Berkowitz
Chicago Tribune
October 3, 2017

Just weeks after stoking controversy by using Nazi imagery on his Jewish deli's Facebook page, the co-owner of Max's Deli in Highland Park again has ignited outrage — this time with a tweet he fired off in response to the Las Vegas shootings.

"Soon as I heard it was country music, I felt relief. White people shooting white people isn't terror ... it's community outreach. #LasVegas," the tweet read.

Greg Morelli, one of the owners of Max's Deli, expressed regret Tuesday for the tweet, which he says he dashed off at about 7 a.m. Monday from his personal Twitter account.
More

He's done stupid crap before: Jewish Chicago-area deli owner apologizes for Nazi cartoon on menu

Offline endicom

Re: Deli co-owner regrets 'dumb' tweet about Las Vegas shooting
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2017, 08:58:01 pm »
Related: Deli co-owner regrets 'dumb' tweet about Las Vegas shooting

Karen Berkowitz
Chicago Tribune
October 3, 2017
More

He's done stupid crap before: Jewish Chicago-area deli owner apologizes for Nazi cartoon on menu

When you hijack a thread, you do it right.

@Machiavelli

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2017, 09:07:04 pm »

When you hijack a thread, you do it right.

@Machiavelli

@endicom

Not really a hijack. However, unlike the ex-CBS lawyer, since this joker is co-owner, he won't get fired unless his co-owner brother buys him out.

Offline endicom

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2017, 09:23:04 pm »
@endicom

Not really a hijack. However, unlike the ex-CBS lawyer, since this joker is co-owner, he won't get fired unless his co-owner brother buys him out.

You changed the title of the thread.

@Machiavelli