Author Topic: I told Rex Tillerson, our wonderful Secretary of State, that he is wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man... ...Save your energy Rex, we'll do what has to be done!  (Read 2635 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

I find this tweet to be bizzare.

Doesn't Tillerson work for Trump?

What is he doing going on his own without discussing it first with Trump?

Either that or he has Trump's blessing but Trump is simply using Twitter as a game...

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Appeasement has worked well with Clinton, Bush 43 and Obama.  24 years running.

Oceander

Appeasement has worked well with Clinton, Bush 43 and Obama.  24 years running.

So a preemptive nuclear strike is the only option, per you?

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
I am really very concerned about this man.

This man with the bad hair and questionable educational credentials and a demonstrated lack of even basic grammar and command of language and impulse control beyond that of an angry and poorly parented toddler frightens me.

Also concerning is someone who got to where he is today solely because of his daddy. And someone who practices extreme nepotism and also demands complete and unquestionable loyalty to him at all costs; measures everything upon his perceived popularity; one who also has an unbridled ego and lacks any impulse control; who is very likely is a sociopath along having some serious anger management issues and who has nuclear weapons at his ready command and whim and also has legions of fanatically loyal and unquestioning supporters who would willingly kill on his command or die trying.

I’m also concerned about the guy in charge of North Korea.

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline corbe

I like what you did there @Neverdul

Granted nothing has worked in the past with Kim Jong-un but diplomacy by twitter adjectives strikes me as very infantile. Wake me up when he tweets 'that Rascally Rouhani' or is that to PC incorrect?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

This man with the bad hair and questionable educational credentials and a demonstrated lack of even basic grammar and command of language and impulse control beyond that of an angry and poorly parented toddler frightens me.

Also concerning is someone who got to where he is today solely because of his daddy. And someone who practices extreme nepotism and also demands complete and unquestionable loyalty to him at all costs; measures everything upon his perceived popularity; one who also has an unbridled ego and lacks any impulse control; who is very likely is a sociopath along having some serious anger management issues and who has nuclear weapons at his ready command and whim and also has legions of fanatically loyal and unquestioning supporters who would willingly kill on his command or die trying.

I’m also concerned about the guy in charge of North Korea.

:bigsilly:

Offline Concerned

I find this tweet to be bizzare.

Doesn't Tillerson work for Trump?

What is he doing going on his own without discussing it first with Trump?

Either that or he has Trump's blessing but Trump is simply using Twitter as a game...

@SirLinksALot I had the same reaction.  Tillerson works for Trump.  With all the problems in the world, not sure why Trump would tolerate his Secretary of State "wasting" his time.  If Trump knows about and approves it, it seems a weird leadership style to publicly cut Tillerson's legs out from under him.  Bizzare is a fitting word.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
1. Tillerson works for the Trump Administration so any negotiation he has been doing would be on behest of the Administration.
2. Negotiation is not appeasement in and of itself.
3. If Trump is going to get a declaration of war from Congress, he'll need to have all the evidence to present, up front for Congress or he may not get his declaration.
4. Real lives are on the line, and not just North Koreans but South Koreans, citizens of all the countries all around the region, and our own young men and women who are in the armed forces. Their lives should not be risked flippantly.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump is bizarre.

Yes.  And some may have gotten a kick out of rocket man but its looking more immature all the time.  He is playing games with our country.  Small children games.  Who could take this man seriously?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline DB

Trump acts like he's just an observer in his own administration...

Then whatever happens is someone else's fault if it doesn't go well and if it does work it was all due to his brilliant leadership...

Offline Night Hides Not

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline RoosGirl

Isn't it funny that *none* of the "I want Trump to succeed, but I call Trump out when he messes up" crowd showed up to this one.  Especially funny because some of them can't STFU about us needing to praise Trump when he does something "good".

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Isn't it funny that *none* of the "I want Trump to succeed, but I call Trump out when he messes up" crowd showed up to this one.  Especially funny because some of them can't STFU about us needing to praise Trump when he does something "good".

****sheep****
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

WE could ping them, but  I'm not up to their crap either way tonight, though I recognize their contribution here, this could possibly close the Thread, graciously and pizz them off at the same time.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DiogenesLamp

So a preemptive nuclear strike is the only option, per you?

Why There is Only One Option to Deal with North Korea: A Bloody War

This analysis has rightly focused on the negative consequences of each decision; however, it is necessary to also assess potential benefits. With Option One there are none. But war would: prove that nuclear weapons do not confer unfettered license to threaten world peace, unify an artificially divided people, and extinguish a regime that is an affront to the human race. Moreover, depending on how it progressed, the war could bolster America’s long-term position in Asia by proving America’s ability to sustain high-intensity operations in the Western Pacific and giving China pause.

This analysis recommends war.

http://nationalinterest.org/files/styles/main_image_on_posts/public/main_images/10479596403_fbe995caca_o.jpg?itok=XLQWlc85
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

After we had that piece of human garbage idiot named "Obama",  I don't know how you can possibly complain about anyone who was not Hillary or Bernie.   We have never had such a stupid, ignorant, lazy, arrogant, obnoxious loser in control of so much power in our entire history,  and you want to dump on Trump?   

One of the reasons we are having this mess with North Korea is because the media elected that simpleminded dope smoking, corrupt loser because the thought of having a "Black guy"  as "Precedent" gave them orgasms,  and they had the propaganda power to convince the stupid half of the nation to elect a guy because of his race.

And you want to complain about how bad is Trump? 

Did you say such nasty things about President Affirmative Action traitor/idiot?   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

After we had that piece of human garbage idiot named "Obama",  I don't know how you can possibly complain about anyone who was not Hillary or Bernie.   We have never had such a stupid, ignorant, lazy, arrogant, obnoxious loser in control of so much power in our entire history,  and you want to dump on Trump?   

One of the reasons we are having this mess with North Korea is because the media elected that simpleminded dope smoking, corrupt loser because the thought of having a "Black guy"  as "Precedent" gave them orgasms,  and they had the propaganda power to convince the stupid half of the nation to elect a guy because of his race.

Yep and yep.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 03:52:03 am by RoosGirl »

Offline corbe

It seems your arguing that Trump Binary thing again @DiogenesLamp, why can't it be BOTH?
   YES, obummer screwed the pooch in regards to N Korea as did GWB who was a little pre occupied after 9/11, but to be honest, Trump's approach doesn't give me that warm peed all over feeling either. 
   Time will tell, if theirs anybody left to record it.

Offline DB

So we should celebrate choosing a less nasty person and call it a win... Trump is undermining his own secretary of state... Doing it as if he isn't even in control of his own secretary of state's policies/actions...

Offline DiogenesLamp

Yep and yep.

Well then how about reminding us that whatever else Trump is,  he's a vast improvement over that mouthy arrogant cretin who singlehandedly added about 4 trillion dollars to the national debt as well as empowered Iran and North Korea? 

People talk about Trump being "childish",  but you can't get any more childish than was that ignorant mouthy effeminate man-child we just got rid of. 

It's like complaining about the mote in Trump's eye but ignoring the Beam in Obama's eye.  It doesn't make any sense.   

We've had stupid.  Obama never accomplished anything in his life,  and yet we have more harsh words for someone who's actually doing some good things and trying to unravel that mess of sewage Obama left behind?   

Misplaced anger. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

Well then how about reminding us that whatever else Trump is,  he's a vast improvement over that mouthy arrogant cretin who singlehandedly added about 4 trillion dollars to the national debt as well as empowered Iran and North Korea? 

People talk about Trump being "childish",  but you can't get any more childish than was that ignorant mouthy effeminate man-child we just got rid of. 

It's like complaining about the mote in Trump's eye but ignoring the Beam in Obama's eye.  It doesn't make any sense.   

We've had stupid.  Obama never accomplished anything in his life,  and yet we have more harsh words for someone who's actually doing some good things and trying to unravel that mess of sewage Obama left behind?   

Misplaced anger.

I reject your premise that just because the last president was a moron and abject failure, that this one cannot also be a moron.  No one is ignoring the "beam", but there is indeed also a "mote".

The misplaced anger was from the people who thought Trump would right all the wrongs that were gifted to us the last 8 years.