Author Topic: Trump just picked two conservatives for the 5th Circuit, one of which is Justice Don Willett!!  (Read 7289 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I left TBR for about six months after TOS refugees came here in overwhelming numbers, guns blazing, chip on their shoulders at the treatment they had received at TOS – and then, in tag-team fashion, began systematically attacking TBR regulars for supporting Trump.

Well, that was a a clear case of misplaced anger, of course; none of us Briefers were part of the mob attacking them at TOS.

But, all’s forgiven now. Most of the anti–Trump crowd have settled in and have now come to accept us TBR Trumpers with open arms, kind words of encouragement and the odd anatomically impossible suggestion of where we should go and what we should do to ourselves.

:silly:

There are dead-enders in every crowd, AC.  I like to think most have risen above that over time, and have settled into being just regular cynics.   ^-^
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 05:42:43 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I left TBR for about six months after TOS refugees came here in overwhelming numbers, guns blazing, chip on their shoulders at the treatment they had received at TOS – and then, in tag-team fashion, began systematically attacking TBR regulars for supporting Trump.

Well, that was a a clear case of misplaced anger, of course; none of us Briefers were part of the mob attacking them at TOS.

But, all’s forgiven now. Most of the anti–Trump crowd have settled in and have now come to accept us TBR Trumpers with open arms, kind words of encouragement and the odd anatomically impossible suggestion of where we should go and what we should do to ourselves.

:silly:
@aligncare

Hah!  I'm afraid I'm one of the carpet baggers who staggered over here, bearing deep wounds from idiots over at TOS.

When I came over here, we were still in primary season and I was still carrying around my torch and pitchfork.

At that point I was a darling among the other Trump haters.

But a funny thing happened to me on the way to the forum as they say.  Trump was elected.

And the morning after I was happy.

I was so happy that Trump defeated the wicked witch and got rid of her and Obama.

Well, I thought he got rid of her and Obama ... apparently vampires are harder to kill then I realized.

So, anyway, I made up my mind to support Trump every time I can.

Yeah, I'm disappointed he couldn't get some major legislation through the Senate but I don't think that's his fault as much as it is the Senate's.

And, yeah, I wish he wouldn't tweet.

But he has done a LOT of things I like.

This has cost me some friends here ... one a close friend that I loved dearly.  Apparently, NTers have rather strict standards about who they like and who they don't.

I'm trying hard to avoid personal insults and personal feuds.  I don't always succeed but I am trying.

I'm glad you came back.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline jpsb

@aligncare

I'm trying hard to avoid personal insults and personal feuds.  I don't always succeed but I am trying.

I'm glad you came back.

You do a pretty good job most of the time (except when you disagree with me.  :tongue2:)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 05:27:29 pm by jpsb »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You do a pretty good job most of the time (except when you disagree with me.  :tongue2:)

You must be imagining things.  When have I ever disagreed with you???
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 05:45:08 pm by Emjay »

Offline aligncare

@aligncare

I'm afraid I'm one of the carpet baggers who staggered over here....

Well, for a former NeverTrumper and sometime critic, you’re all right in my book. Forgive, forget and then move on. We got a country to save.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Well, for a former NeverTrumper and sometime critic, you’re all right in my book. Forgive, forget and then move on. We got a country to save.

Thanks.  Totally agree.  We need to think about the country now, not some petty grievances we can't let go of.

Silver Pines

Don't leave @CatherineofAragon out of this.  She's as on top of this as any of us.  Ever since the beginning.

@Cyber Liberty

*big hug*

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon knows how I feel about her!

@RoosGirl

*GROUP HUG*

Y'all get in here!

Well, some of you...

Offline roamer_1

Well, some of you...

HAY! I've said it before: I can't help it! I fart when I'm nervous!  It ain't my fault. *****rollingeyes*****

Silver Pines

HAY! I've said it before: I can't help it! I fart when I'm nervous!  It ain't my fault. *****rollingeyes*****

@roamer_1

STOP lol

You're in the hug, you big dope!   :grouphug:

Offline roamer_1

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The Supreme Court is back to where it was before the death of Scalia (with Gorsuch)

There are two possible retirements ... well, one possible and one probably not.

Justice Kennedy wants to retire and I don't think he's a Trump hater who would try to hold out for another President.

The only way Ruth Bader will leave is on a stretcher and, despite all her ailments, she's in pretty good shape.  (I need her personal trainer)

So, I'm just hoping that Trump gets to nominate another Supreme Court Justice because he's been gold on judges.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The Supreme Court is back to where it was before the death of Scalia (with Gorsuch)

There are two possible retirements ... well, one possible and one probably not.

Justice Kennedy wants to retire and I don't think he's a Trump hater who would try to hold out for another President.

The only way Ruth Bader will leave is on a stretcher and, despite all her ailments, she's in pretty good shape.  (I need her personal trainer)

So, I'm just hoping that Trump gets to nominate another Supreme Court Justice because he's been gold on judges.
Ruthie takes lots of naps. It's a great restorative...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

Ruthie takes lots of naps. It's a great restorative...

Including during testimony, from what I understand.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Speeches, too. It's handy when your mind is already made up and you don't have to tune in.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

She learnt it from Thurgood Marshall.  He caught quite a few Zzzs himself.  His chair was a vertical cot.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

She learnt it from Thurgood Marshall.  He caught quite a few Zzzs himself.  His chair was a vertical cot.

Hah!  I hadn't heard that.