Author Topic: GOP, Can You Hear Us Normals Now?.... Kurt Schlichter  (Read 530 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP, Can You Hear Us Normals Now?.... Kurt Schlichter
« on: September 28, 2017, 01:29:48 pm »

GOP, Can You Hear Us Normals Now?
Kurt Schlichter
9/28/2017 12:01:00 AM

Are we finally getting through to the GOP Establishment; has the pain we militant normals have dealt it performed the vital task of being the teacher of last resort? It’s too bad that’s how the Establishment has to learn that we’re serious about nuking business as usual. We tried being nice; that was the Tea Party, and the Establishment trashed it. Welcome to moderately mean.

Don’t make us get even meaner.

Poor Luther Strange, the Collateral Damage Candidate. He’s a nice enough guy, even if his name makes him sound like he ought to be lurking in a volcano lair plotting against The Avengers. But he’s also Mitch McConnell’s guy; this was not a diss of Donald Trump (Future Column Idea: “Why Trump =/= Trumpism”). The base wanted to teach the Elderly Mutant Establishment Turtle, and those aligned with him, a lesson. So the base went with Roy Moore, who is super-colorful in a potentially Todd Akin kind of way, because Roy Moore constitutes a giant middle finger to the crowd that failed to summon up the cajones to repeal Obamacare yet found endless investigations of RUSSIA! TREASON! OK, IT’S JUST SOME ADS ON FACEBOOK BUT WE’RE STILL GOING WITH TREASON! and amnesty for middle-aged Dreamers muy simpatico.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/09/28/gop-can-you-hear-us-normals-now-n2387296
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: GOP, Can You Hear Us Normals Now?.... Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 02:24:10 pm »
Future Column Idea: Why Trump =/= Trumpism
I don't think even Kurt Schlichter would be, er, audacious enough to write a column with that premise, in a favorable light to boot.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 02:34:06 pm »
Roy Moore constitutes a giant middle finger to the crowd that failed to summon up the cajones to repeal Obamacare

Enjoy your ObamaCare, folks.   It survives because of that purist idiot, Rand Paul, who demands the perfect be the enemy of the good.   Perhaps he will soon be joined in such idiocy by Roy Moore.  But by the time that happens,  President Trump will have moved on and struck deals with centrists.  As he should, and as he must.

Conservatives seem determined to render themselves irrelevant.  They prefer to be backbenchers, and the way things are going, they'll soon get their wish.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 02:53:41 pm »
Centrists that of course are indistinguishable from Democrats.  I don't know why they and you don't give up the charade and call things what they are
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 02:54:09 pm by Mom MD »
God is still in control

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 03:04:50 pm »
Enjoy your ObamaCare, folks.   It survives because of that purist idiot, Rand Paul, who demands the perfect be the enemy of the good.   Perhaps he will soon be joined in such idiocy by Roy Moore.  But by the time that happens,  President Trump will have moved on and struck deals with centrists.  As he should, and as he must.

Conservatives seem determined to render themselves irrelevant.  They prefer to be backbenchers, and the way things are going, they'll soon get their wish.   

Look around. We're already backbenchers. Even though we constitute at least half the electorate.

That's the whole point of the article.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 03:05:08 pm »
I don't know if this is true But if it is I am sure the NFL with hear them (Budweiser).

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 03:17:37 pm »
I don't think even Kurt Schlichter would be, er, audacious enough to write a column with that premise, in a favorable light to boot.

Yes, and I think that statement is correct. I look forward to his article.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 03:31:36 pm »
I think the Republican Party lacks a leader who can effectively cajole and lead the disparate parts of the party:  an obvious and huge missed opportunity for the party and the country.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 04:15:03 pm »

You almost feel sorry for Mitch because he’s dealing with sanctimonious crones like Susan Collins and liars like John McCain, but then you realize that the only way he manifests his frustration at their slimy duplicity is with that pursed-lip tortoise frown of his.

Do the RINOs face any consequences for defying him? Does Mitch ever play hardball with them? Who’s afraid of him?

No one. They laugh at him, and he chooses to do nothing.

Okay, that’s fine. If he won’t lay down the iron discipline on his apostates, we’ll just burn the heretics ourselves.

love it!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald