Author Topic: Rush: Trump Didn’t Lose in Alabama — His Voters Protected Him  (Read 842 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Trump Didn’t Lose in Alabama — His Voters Protected Him
« on: September 27, 2017, 05:56:27 pm »
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/09/27/trump-didnt-lose-in-alabama-his-voters-protected-him/

Trump Didn’t Lose in Alabama — His Voters Protected Him

Sep 27, 2017

RUSH: Trump did not suffer a congressional loss last night. The media doesn’t get this. Do you understand what happened here, Snerdley? The media, they’re so eager to report that Trump’s losing the support of his voters that they are totally missing what this Alabama thing is all about. In essence, Trump’s voters were protecting him. And I’m fully prepared to explain this.

Greetings, my friends. It’s great to have you here. We have three hours of broadcast excellence. 800-282-2882, if you want to appear on the program. If you want to send an email address, the address is ElRushbo@eibnet.us.

Now, I gotta come clean about something here. I have had people — pestering is the wrong word. I have had people in the email asking me for the past number of weeks, “Why aren’t you talking about Alabama? Why aren’t you weighing in? It’s very important.” I only use a voice like that to distinguish it from my own. I’m not trying to suggest that people complaining to me sound dumb or any other way. I’m just trying to distinguish the voice of those who are speaking to me from me.

And there’s a reason, folks. I did not say a word about this because I wanted to get a clean result of this. I didn’t want anybody to be able to say that what happened was because I urged people to do one thing or the other. You know as well as I do that the Drive-Bys are eager to attach your motivations and your actions to my suggestions.

Now, I know there were all kinds of other people out there advocating for one candidate or another, and that’s fine. But I purposely didn’t, almost as an experiment here, because, in my mind, I wanted what I view anyway as a clean result. Now, it’s obvious, and I’m not an idiot, that a clean result may not be actually ascertainable here because there were a lot of other people on radio and TV who were advocating one way or the other in this race, predominantly one way.

But at least for me I can come here today and tell you that whatever happened had nothing to do with anything specific I said. I mean, I realize, folks, I’m a powerful, influential member of the media, and whatever these results are, I didn’t want any of it, not tainted, but affected by any suggestion that voters in Alabama were not exercising their own decisions. ‘Cause you know how the media treats talk radio and conservative media. The audience is a bunch of mind-numbed robots, doesn’t know anything and they learn to do what people on TV and radio tell ’em to do. So I stayed out of this.

I also knew what was gonna happen. I knew why Trump endorsed the loser. I know why Trump endorsed the loser from the get-go. I did tell you that. He endorsed the loser because at the time it happened he was trying to buy appeasement with Mitch. Trump frustrated, can’t get his agenda done in Washington, thought he would try appeasing Mitch McConnell. I knew it wasn’t gonna work.

But what the Drive-Bys are missing here is the voters of Alabama knew exactly what was at stake here, and the voters of Alabama essentially sent an insider packing, and with this insider a bunch of others may go. Corker has announced he’s leaving. And before today, before last night, a number of other insider, establishment senators were alluding to the fact that if the result came out as it did, that they would be leaving. And we talked about this on the program.

Isn’t it amazing that rather than adapt and accommodate the mood of voters in their own party, they actually talk about retiring, thinking the place is no longer a good place for them, the Senate. Their attitude is, “Man, if the voters have gotten this far out, if the voters are this way, I got no prayer, I’m outta here.” Rather than easily adapt. It wouldn’t be that hard to adapt. You repeal Obamacare, you cut taxes, and you build a wall and you stop immigration. It’s not that hard. But they can’t for some reason seem to do it. This tax cut plan is another thing that is a disaster. It is an absolute disaster in more ways than it is not. We’ll get into that here in just a moment.

Judge Moore. The media think they have something to crow over here. A candidate that Trump supported has been defeated in a primary. I also never endorse in primaries, by the way. But, anyway, a candidate has been defeated in a primary. Never mind the candidate who beat Trump’s pick is more of a Trumpster than Trump’s pick was, and that’s always been the case. The voters were consistent here! They’re all saying that Trump has no coattails. They’re all saying that Trump’s influence is over. No, no, no, no, no.

What it means is, folks, that Trumpism is bigger than Trump. It is kind of maybe a pink flag for Trump, but I don’t think it’s that big a deal. It may be a bit of a warning. But it’s very clear what happened here. The voters of Alabama and the voters of this country, the people that take the time to vote are well aware. They have studied, and they’re fed up. And it’s not changing. And they’re very dissatisfied that even after a smashing victory like was had last November, the results are not yet seen nearly to the degree people hope and expect. And so a Trumpist was added to the arsenal in the United States Senate.

The media is grasping at straws here. They’re so caught up in what they want to happen that when they think it does, they run with it, and they’re making fools of themselves here. Because the people in Alabama, if you want to really break this down, they saw Trump endorse the wrong guy. I don’t know if they knew why Trump did it. I don’t know if they were in open defiance of Trump.

The voters of Alabama realize that Donald Trump needed somebody else. They are invested in Trump. They’re invested even more so in Trumpism. Without Trump right now, there isn’t any Trumpism. This vote had nothing to do with Trump’s endorsement. This vote had everything to do with the voters of Alabama realizing what is necessary to give Donald Trump the tools that he needs in the House and in the Senate to move his agenda forward.

That’s why I say this vote was almost the voters of Alabama circling the wagons to protect Trump. Had they accepted his endorsement and gone ahead and elected Luther Strange, the odds are it would have been a setback for the Trumpism movement, and the Trumpism movement didn’t want a setback. This isn’t complicated. But you have to have an open mind to see it this way, and the media doesn’t.

The media is reveling here in the fact that Trump’s voters ignored him. And they think they’re on the cusp now of being able to separate all of you Trump voters from Trump. And if they can do that, it’s mission accomplished. But they’re not even close. If the media had any sense, this result would depress them. If the media had any sense, this vote would shock them like a cold shower. Ice cold water coming out of the shower head is how this result should affect them.

But, folks, they’re not there. They are so guided, blinded by their own bigotry and prejudice, they are so eager to see what they hope to happen actually happen that when it doesn’t happen, they think it has happened. You ought to see it. I mean, they’re all having a party today over at CNN. They think it’s the beginning of the end of Trump. Wait a minute. Hold everything.

How’s it the end of Trump when another Trumpist has been sent to the Senate and a Never Trumper is leaving (i.e., Corker) and there might be even more? ‘Cause I’ll guarantee you this. The establishment senators… I mentioned this. The establishment senators, before this race, looked at it and they said, “Oh, my God, if this guy Roy Moore wins… This is the Ten Commandments guy! If this guy wins, oh, my!” “I gotta get outta here,” said some of these establishment senators. “This is no longer gonna be a home for me.”

As I say, rather than adapt and rather than accept the mood and desires of voters in America, they want to get out. Hey, well, that’s fine. That’s the way the cookie crumbles. The Drive-Bys on social media are saying the same things about Roy Moore that they said about Trump when he was elected, which is another good sign. They still don’t get it. I don’t think… Folks, to be honest with you, I don’t think they’re capable of getting it. I think they’re poisoned. Their political brains are poisoned. It’s been self-poisoned. They simply cannot see what is.

Their ability to analyze openly — even accommodating their biases — has been lost. To me this is rather simple. How do you consider it a loss when an ardent Trumpist has been elected to the United States Senate? “Well, because, Rush, Trump endorsed the other guy.” Yeah, see, that’s the way the Drive-Bys think — and they think newspaper endorsements matter too. See, they think you Trump voters are mind-numbed robots, too, just like listeners of this program. Whatever Trump says, you’ll do it. Whatever Trump wants, you’ll provide it.

Whatever Trump’s mad at, you’ll be mad at. Whatever Trump thinks, you’ll think. You have not got minds of your own. So in their world, you split from Trump last night. They cannot see that you had Trump’s back last night. No more complicated than that. I’d be willing to accept your thoughts on this, but, you know, to me, it’s patently obvious what happened here. Just like with Trump, by the way, the editors — the other pundits out there — are assuring us that this spells doom for the Republican Party. They never say that about a winning Democrat candidate no matter how far to the left he or she is.

We have a Republican that won an election and it’s doom for the Republican Party! We never hear when a wacko leftist Democrat wins that it’s doom for the Democrats — although I must retract that, because I had it in the Stack a couple days. TIME magazine has it, and it’s real in the weeds, but they’ve had a deep dive with everything wrong with the Democrat Party. So if you look out there in the Drive-By Media, you will find stories, columns, pieces on the problems that the Democrat Party is having.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Rush: Trump Didn’t Lose in Alabama — His Voters Protected Him
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 06:07:50 pm »
SMH

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 06:11:11 pm »
How horrifyingly pathetic.

Rush is fast approaching Josh-Earnest-level absurdity to blanket his devotion to Trump.

How many Establishment Republican candidates has Trump gotten behind that ended up losing?

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 06:16:57 pm »
 :nometalk:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 06:53:56 pm »
Moore stated he supported Trump and his agenda, and would continue to do so.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 07:42:18 pm »
Moore stated he supported Trump and his agenda, and would continue to do so.

:beer: