Author Topic: Senate won't vote on ObamaCare repeal bill  (Read 488 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate won't vote on ObamaCare repeal bill
« on: September 26, 2017, 06:49:59 pm »
Senate won't vote on ObamaCare repeal bill
By Alexander Bolton - 09/26/17 02:11 PM EDT

Senate Republicans have decided to not vote on their latest ObamaCare repeal legislation, signaling a collapse in their last-ditch effort to kill off President Obama's signature law.

"We don't have the votes so it's probably best we don't do the vote," said Sen. Steve Daines (R-Mont.) after the GOP conference met at its regular weekly luncheon. "We've lost this battle, but we're going to win the war."

The last-ditch bill sponsored by Sens. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) would dismantle ObamaCare’s insurance subsidy program and Medicaid expansion and convert their funding into block grants to states.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/352503-senate-wont-vote-on-obamacare-repeal-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Senate won't vote on ObamaCare repeal bill
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 06:51:58 pm »

Yeah, I'm just a smidge annoyed with the GOP.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 08:52:53 pm »
The friggin GOP can never get their act together. Nor will they ever get Dem support on anything until the party of Stupid does a full repeal. Only then will the party of no present any bipartisanship replacement ideas of their own. The GOP is dead as a majority party. They don’t know how to use it to their advantage.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 09:04:05 pm »
Sorry @Machiavelli ,,,, @mystery-ak  and I must have been posting simultaneously. (Great minds think alike  ^-^ )

When you get a moment please move my thread   http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,282994.0.html to this one.

Thanks!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 09:09:46 pm »
Vice President Pence‏Verified account @VP · 3h3 hours ago Talked with @840WHAS Kentucky about what Obamacare means for KY: 80K Kentuckians paid the mandate penalties instead of paying for insurance.

Vice President Pence‏Verified account @VP · 3h3 hours ago Obamacare will continue to implode & be a hardship on families. @POTUS & I are determined to give U.S people a fresh start on healthcare

Vice President Pence‏Verified account @VP · 4h4 hours ago Told @WVLK in Kentucky about how Obamacare has failed. It's failed the people of Kentucky; it's failed the people of America.

Vice President Pence‏Verified account @VP · 6h6 hours ago LISTEN LIVE! Next I'm discussing how the #GrahamCassidy bill will be a win for the people of Maine & the American people w/ @WGANMorningNews

Vice President Pence‏Verified account @VP · 7h7 hours ago TUNE IN! I'm talking w/ @840WHAS & @WVLK in Kentucky about why the people of KY & U.S need #GrahamCassidy. We can do better than Obamacare.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 10:52:51 pm »
These people don't deserve the Elephant as a party symbol.

What the spineless crustaceans deserve is a red white and blue Lobster.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 01:11:45 am »
Obamacare is here to stay. No candidate can ever run àgain with repeal and repace as a campaing promise.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 10:46:37 pm »
Obamacare is here to stay. No candidate can ever run àgain with repeal and repace as a campaing promise.

If memory serves, what we got got from the Big Orange One was a campaign promise to Repeal (nothing about Replace) on his 1st day in office.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 10:47:06 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com