Author Topic: ‘Homosexual Conduct Should Be Illegal,’ Roy Moore Said in ‘05 Interview  (Read 17770 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: ‘Homosexual Conduct Should Be Illegal,’ Roy Moore Said in ‘05 Interview
« Reply #250 on: September 26, 2017, 09:45:26 pm »
Why do you demand that gay couples get special legal protections straight couples don't have?

I don't.   They should have the same legal protections; that is, the equal protection of the law.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline DB

« Reply #251 on: September 26, 2017, 09:53:26 pm »
Yes, it is a small consolation to anyone who is hit by a drunk driver or many other unfortunate things that happen to good people.  However,

International guidelines state that all blood products must be tested for viruses such as HIV.
You have the right to ask your healthcare professional if a blood product has been tested for HIV or not.

So, if you are lucky enough to be conscious, you can ask.

I think you are missing the point. HIV tests are not 100% accurate AND it takes awhile for the virus to reproduce enough to register on the tests. The newly infected are not going to test positive even though they will pass the virus to others with their blood. There are substantial risks if you only go by the test alone.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #252 on: September 26, 2017, 09:53:47 pm »
I don't.   They should have the same legal protections; that is, the equal protection of the law.

@Jazzhead

Then why do you always advocate for special protections and rights?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #253 on: September 26, 2017, 09:54:24 pm »
I don't.

I guess I missed your long winded diatribes in defense of straight marriage and how they need the same protections under law that have now been provided gay "marriages" so they both would be equal under the law.

You got a link to one of those vociferous defenses of straight marriage that you made?

They should have the same legal protections; that is, the equal protection of the law.

But they don't and they won't and quite frankly you're perfectly happy with it being that way.  Your hatred of anything with a religious background to it extends to traditional marriage and you don't give two sh*ts sideways whether traditional...normal marriage ever gets the same special and illegal carve out that is given to gay "marriage".

You know in all honesty its not your screwed up Liberals views that get people here so frustrated with you...it's the fact you pretend and try to convince people you're something you're not.

Like a gay man always seen in the company of a beautiful blonde...you use Conservatism and claims of being a Republican as a beard.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #254 on: September 26, 2017, 09:55:06 pm »
What would not end if homosexuality were illegal and never ever happened again:  Love, devotion, family, hospital visits, children, the human race, morality.

What would end if heterosexuality ended:  Human life within a generation.  Yes I count laboratory heterosexuality, too.  We cease to exist.

If orgasm any way you want it is a constitutional right then why restrict it to the bedroom?  Seriously.  Why limit the number or age or species?   If morality and decency are of no consequence and the government has no part in this area of ordered liberty, why not just walk around naked and "do it" with whomever, wherever you feel the urge?  It happens that way in nature.  Why show any control over sexual urges?  That is so limiting to your liberty.

I am SO glad you're back and posting @RAT Patrol888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #255 on: September 26, 2017, 09:56:45 pm »
@Jazzhead

Then why do you always advocate for special protections and rights?

I don't.  But I assume that you're of the view that laws against arbitrary discrimination on the basis of race, etc., are "special". 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #256 on: September 26, 2017, 10:13:23 pm »
I don't.  But I assume that you're of the view that laws against arbitrary discrimination on the basis of race, etc., are "special".

@Jazzhead

Nice try but you're not gonna get a pass on it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #257 on: September 26, 2017, 10:17:07 pm »
By applying "Marriage"  to their relationship,  you undermine the recognized foundation of most marriage in this nation;   Religion.   

That is the core intent.

To replace God with the State and all faith replaced with the religion of the state - which is what a Godless and Hedonist society will insist upon as it's official religion.  The tenets of which are already being made manifest with the sacraments of Abortion and homosexual marriage among the gospel of social justice.

That religion is the only thing that keeps us from each other's throats.  Undermine it,  and there will be much eventual bloodshed when people no longer recognize the other things it teaches,  such as tolerance and equality.   

Inevitable at this point and also foretold.  We already hear the chorus that the biblical faiths are intolerant and a bane to 'equality' as the Communists define it.  Civil punishment being advocated on this very board for adhering to that faith as 'bigotry' will lead to criminal punishment and to death.  History teaches this, and scripture foretells it.

Destroy the Christian religion,  and you will get the Muhammadan one.   Human nature will not long tolerate a vacuum.

Likely in much of the world.  Here it might simply be the same kind of Godless secularism that dominated the Soviet Union and Mao's China.

Eventually the unholy alliance between the Godless Left and the Caliphate is going to end, and the Secularists will either convert to Islam or be wiped out by their own "allies".
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #258 on: September 26, 2017, 10:37:36 pm »
Yeah, and I heard there were three adulterers, two polygamists, five alcoholics, a single pedophile, and seven drug addicts.

No problema. With such little to worry about, the Christian Sharia Patrols should wipe out all sin, in the first weeks of his Senate term.
Do you have any idea how utterly bleep stupid the phrase "Christian Sharia patrols" sounds?
Just thought I'd let you know.
Sharia demands homosexuals be executed (throwing them off tall buildings seems to be all the rage).
No one here is calling for that.

Besides, at a 1 in 5 AIDS rate, they're doing a fine job of that themselves by anal injection.

In the mean time aren't your buddies cruising the bathrooms at the park?
Maybe putting a damper on the promiscuity would slow that infection rate down. Put their 'bedroom' activity back in a more private setting?

No one here is advocating window peeking, in anyone's window. That's a whole 'nother sicko behaviour.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #259 on: September 26, 2017, 10:59:16 pm »
Who is 'they' in this claim.  There is no way blood banks could know that the donors are homosexual unless the donors tell them.

It doesn't 'show.'

So, I believe that blood is tested regardless of how the donor looks or what he or she says.

Let's not go all nutzoid, people.

My sister was a consistent blood donor because both she and I are O-Neg which is desirable.  She had cancer at one time and, after that, she couldn't donate.  Not sure why.
Tainted Plasma Traced to Arkansas Prison: Bill Clinton's Blood Trails

Contaminated haemophilia blood products

Factor 8: The Arkansas Prison Blood Scandal (2005)
1h 31min | Documentary, Crime, History | 8 November 2005 (USA)

These were donations made by prisoners known to be infected. It went on for 20 years.
The deadly tainted-blood scandal is more shameful than Adscam
Thousands of Canadians -- 2,000 who contracted HIV-AIDS and another 10,000 or so of those who contracted hepatitis C -- will die because they were exposed to transfusions of contaminated blood and blood products. (2005)

If you are going to get an operation, bank your own blood for it.

Cancer survivors:

When Blood Donation is Not Allowed for People With Cancer (United States)

People with cancer are not eligible to donate blood:

During active cancer treatment.
    If cancer is progressing.
    If cancer has recurred following remission.
    If you have had blood-related cancers as an adult - such as leukemia, lymphomas, Hodgkin's disease, multiple myeloma, or polycythemia rubra vera.
    If you have had cancers such as Kaposi's sarcoma or mycoses fungoides.

If you have had treatment with some chemotherapy medications or certain treatments for cancer such as an organ transplant or a splenectomy.
Source: https://www.verywell.com/can-cancer-patients-and-survivors-donate-blood-2248861

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #260 on: September 26, 2017, 11:11:30 pm »
NO, I believe you misunderstood.  Someone said "they" are now allowing homosexuals to donate blood. 

I was wondering who 'they' were and how 'they' knew that a person was homosexual.

People who received blood transfusions that gave them aids are such a small percentage of people who received life-saving blood transfusions, it doesn't even show on the Richter scale.

I'm just trying to stop the panic but since it's obvious I can't, I'm outta here.

@Emjay F.D.A. Easing Ban on Gays, to Let Some Give Blood

C S Lewis

RAT Patrol

« Reply #261 on: September 26, 2017, 11:20:38 pm »

Thank you. 888high58888

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #262 on: September 26, 2017, 11:22:04 pm »
Do you have any idea how utterly bleep stupid the phrase "Christian Sharia patrols" sounds?
Sharia demands homosexuals be executed (throwing them off tall buildings seems to be all the rage).

Besides, at a 1 in 5 AIDS rate, they're doing a fine job of that themselves by anal injection.

Maybe putting a damper on the promiscuity would slow that infection rate down. Put their 'bedroom' activity back in a more private setting?

No one here is advocating window peeking, in anyone's window. That's a whole 'nother sicko behaviour.

I find it enlightening the the moment you mention biblical morality or remind that at one time deviant behavior was eschewed and frowned upon in this country - the screams and accusations of you promoting 'Christian Sharia/Jihadist/Taliban/ISIS come galloping forth in froth of foam and spittle.  Slavery, lynching, Prohibition and Women's Suffrage will be thrown in your face as prima facia evidence that biblical morality is an evil we must eradicate in this culture.

You've shown Dracula the Cross when you mention the God of Abraham Issac and Jacob in conjunction with a discussion of governing behaviors as He defined and laid down.  What was Good is now evil, and what was once evil, is now celebrated and promoted as good.  Dare mention the fact that it is still an evil in the eyes of The Lord - why then, you're a tyrant attempting to impose Christian Sharia!  All-the-while these same horribly offended souls are silent in the face the acts of the Jihadists or throw all religion into the same bin and just as despised.

This people do not want liberty.

They despise it as readily as the Left and the Muslims do.

This people want license and authority to punish anyone daring to remind them that their behavior is not acceptable to God and those who believe His Word.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

RAT Patrol

« Reply #263 on: September 26, 2017, 11:26:41 pm »

I guess we should dump all laws so we don't look like we are trying to wipe out all sin.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #264 on: September 26, 2017, 11:27:05 pm »

@musiclady  @RAT Patrol

Make that a double!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #265 on: September 26, 2017, 11:45:20 pm »
I guess we should dump all laws so we don't look like we are trying to wipe out all sin.
Laws establish standards, standards establish expectations for acceptable behaviour, acceptable behaviour (standards) establish the very tenor of a society, a culture, a country.

I am for Liberty, not License.

Let the local and State governments (closer to the people) decide what their community standards are, not some handful of people in robes in one part of the country dictating what the rest of the country's standards.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #266 on: September 26, 2017, 11:48:22 pm »
What does Moore propose? Would they be closing down gay bars?

I can see how problematic this would be and even in states with these anti-sodomy laws, those bars exist and existed well any law was struck down.  Read up on Anita Bryant's woes too. If there is nothing realistic that can be done, I'm not sure how pertinent this topic is except; again, you can have opinionated politicians but are you going to get things done?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #267 on: September 26, 2017, 11:50:54 pm »
They should have the same legal protections; that is, the equal protection of the law.

But you don't even believe in the law, preferring instead the tyranny of people wearing black robes.   You are on record saying that the will of some states should be forced upon other states, but not the other way around.  No equal protection there.  It is tyranny, plain and simple.  And you are its biggest advocate.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #268 on: September 26, 2017, 11:58:41 pm »
@Jazzhead

You will be happy to know the 5 in my family happily voted for Roy Moore today. You're welcome, have a nice day.

Sent from a state that voted over 81% that marriage should be only between a man and a woman. We aren't worried about Doug Jones come December.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 12:04:01 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline DB

« Reply #269 on: September 27, 2017, 12:00:36 am »

I can see how problematic this would be and even in states with these anti-sodomy laws, those bars exist and existed well any law was struck down.  Read up on Anita Bryant's woes too. If there is nothing realistic that can be done, I'm not sure how pertinent this topic is except; again, you can have opinionated politicians but are you going to get things done?

If the local community doesn't want a gay bar should they be able to block it?

I tend think they should be able to if it is openly advertised as a gay bar.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #270 on: September 27, 2017, 12:01:55 am »
@Jazzhead

You will be happy to know the 5 in my family happily voted for Roy Moore. You're welcome, have a nice day.

888high58888 888high58888 888high58888 888high58888 888high58888

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #271 on: September 27, 2017, 12:04:37 am »

A more useful use of his time would be contributing to the impeachment and removal of liberal judges,  though that's not going to happen either unless we can get 49 more Roy Moores into the Senate. 

He will be effectively stymied from making any progress on this issue. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #272 on: September 27, 2017, 12:06:58 am »

A more useful use of his time would be contributing to the impeachment and removal of liberal judges,  though that's not going to happen either unless we can get 49 more Roy Moores into the Senate. 

He will be effectively stymied from making any progress on this issue.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #273 on: September 27, 2017, 12:12:27 am »
Indeed, the answer is to remove the federal superstate from the decisions regarding these things and put the authority back on the local level, and in the various states, where it belongs.

Actually, the authority belongs with the individual.

If the local government says that community standards are a vegan lifestyle, and all dwellings must have a HOA, you'd be fine with it?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #274 on: September 27, 2017, 12:17:56 am »
I can't talk about the Mourdock, Christine O'Donnel and these other folks but I've heard plenty of people say that even with the tasteless thing (to many)  that Todd Akin said in MO., the GOP should not have abandoned him. Democrats say some outrageous things, that Al Sharpton was a major advisor to President Obama.