Author Topic: Democrats open investigation into Kushner emails  (Read 552 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats open investigation into Kushner emails
« on: September 25, 2017, 10:17:31 pm »

Democrats open investigation into Kushner emails

The request to preserve documents comes after POLITICO revealed that Kushner used a private email account for White House business.

By RACHAEL BADE and KYLE CHENEY

09/25/2017 03:50 PM EDT

Updated 09/25/2017 05:39 PM EDT

House Democratic investigators are launching a congressional probe of Jared Kushner's use of a private email address for government business, a development that threatens to escalate the Russia-related controversies already surrounding President Donald Trump's son in-law.

Top House Oversight and Government Reforming Committee Democrat Elijah Cummings sent a letter to Kushner, a White House senior adviser, asking him to preserve all his personal emails. The Maryland Democrat also suggested he will eventually request all copies of work correspondence that passed through Kushner's personal account.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/25/jared-kushner-private-email-investigation-243117
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Democrats open investigation into Kushner emails
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 10:52:12 pm »
I'd think they'd be really cautious about opening email investigations.    :shrug:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 10:52:59 pm »
Ooooh, is Kushner in trouble now!!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Concerned

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 11:00:41 pm »
With all the negative press about previous Administration personnel using private e-mail (e.g., Hillary, Powell, Rice), I'd think current Administration staff would be really cautious about private e-mail use for government business.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 11:08:03 pm »
With all the negative press about previous Administration personnel using private e-mail (e.g., Hillary, Powell, Rice), I'd think current Administration staff would be really cautious about private e-mail use for government business.

Why?  They saw all the people in the previous Administration getting away with it like a dog eating shit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 11:10:56 pm »
Why?  They saw all the people in the previous Administration getting away with it like a dog eating shit.

If a bunch of other people got away with something, there might just be an extra sensitivity about it.  Regardless, when I was working, I used to tell my staff: “Before you do something, ask yourself how this might be made to appear in The Washington Post?  It’s not a matter of whether it’s legal or not, but rather, how could a partisan, investigative newspaper make it look?”  That guidance served us well, and allowed the company to avoid some potential scandals.   Had that guidance been followed by Kushner,  I don’t think we wouldn’t be talking about this now.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 11:17:28 pm »
If a bunch of other people got away with something, there might just be an extra sensitivity about it.  Regardless, when I was working, I used to tell my staff: “Before you do something, ask yourself how this might be made to appear in The Washington Post?  It’s not a matter of whether it’s legal or not, but rather, how could a partisan, investigative newspaper make it look?”  That guidance served us well, and allowed the company to avoid some potential scandals.   Had that guidance been followed by Kushner,  I don’t think we wouldn’t be talking about this now.

Got it.  Different standard for liberals than for conservatives.  Clear as a bell.  (And I knew it, too.)
I will NOT comply.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 02:32:15 am »
"House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) has joined his Democratic colleague in pushing the Trump administration for more information about officials’ use of personal email accounts after it was revealed that President Trump’s senior adviser Jared Kushner had used a private account for government business.

The Washington Post first reported Monday that Gowdy, along with ranking Democrat Elijah Cummings (D-MD), wrote to White House counsel Don McGahn and leaders of two dozen federal agencies requesting information about the use of personal email accounts."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/25/trey-gowdy-demands-answers-after-jared-kushner-reveals-private-email-use/