Author Topic: Merkel elected to fourth term as German chancellor  (Read 525 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Merkel elected to fourth term as German chancellor
« on: September 24, 2017, 05:18:57 pm »
Merkel elected to fourth term as German chancellor
By Brandon Carter - 09/24/17 12:47 PM EDT

German Chancellor Angela Merkel was elected to a historic fourth term in office on Sunday, according to exit polls.

BBC News reports that her center-right party, the CDU/CSU, won 32.5 percent of the vote, retaining its position as the largest party in Germany’s parliament.

Merkel faced a strong challenge in the election from Martin Schulz, the former president of the European Parliament, who criticized her for how President Trump treated her during the Group of 7 (G7) summit.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/international/352147-merkel-elected-to-fourth-term-as-german-chancellor
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Merkel elected to fourth term as German chancellor
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 05:20:23 pm »
Because the alternative in Germany is even worse.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 05:21:02 pm »
So she will wind up serving longer than Hitler.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 08:44:30 pm »
Her CDU got dramatically lower support, though, allowing the Greens into the ruling coalition.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 08:49:06 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 10:12:41 pm »
Her CDU got dramatically lower support, though, allowing the Greens into the ruling coalition.

Yup.  This government is going to look considerably different going forward, and I don't mean that in a good way.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 10:33:54 pm »
Yup.  This government is going to look considerably different going forward, and I don't mean that in a good way.

@Cyber Liberty

And then those who were so gleefully anti-Merkel will be the loudest whiners at the changes they have wrought.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 10:57:21 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

And then those who were so gleefully anti-Merkel will be the loudest whiners at the changes they have wrought.

With their Parliamentary system, I didn't see any good outcomes for those who wanted to pull that place to the right and away from the Muslim abyss.  I never gave two craps about Merkel because she's not the cause, she's the symptom.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: