Author Topic: Can South Korea Build a Nuclear Bomb in 6 Months?  (Read 374 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Can South Korea Build a Nuclear Bomb in 6 Months?
« on: September 24, 2017, 07:18:22 am »

Zachary Keck and Leon Whyte

As tensions with North Korea are heating up, a prominent South Korean nuclear physicist said his country can build a nuclear weapon in just six months.

In a newly released Korean-language article in Chosun Monthly, Kune Y. Suh, an MIT-trained nuclear engineer at Seoul National University, argues that South Korea needs to build its own nuclear arsenal to deal with the threat posed by Pyongyang. When asked if Seoul is capable of producing such a weapon, Suh argued that the country could use its huge stockpile of plutonium to build an operational nuclear weapon in six months.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/can-south-korea-build-nuclear-bomb-6-months-22437
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Online DB

Re: Can South Korea Build a Nuclear Bomb in 6 Months?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 07:24:19 am »
China is really stupid to end up with everyone in the neighborhood having nukes because they refused to put a leash on their proxy.

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Can South Korea Build a Nuclear Bomb in 6 Months?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 07:27:08 am »
China is really stupid to end up with everyone in the neighborhood having nukes because they refused to put a leash on their proxy.

:beer:
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome